Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Oct 18, 8:14 AM
    • 3,500Posts
    • 1,983Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Solar
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:14 AM
    Solar 13th Oct 18 at 8:14 AM
    I'm a bit late to the party on this but I read they can be done still until March 2019.

Did any of the changes to the subsidy occur mentioned in this MSE link https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/25-11-2015/#solar

or when they say there is still time, is this now on a reduced subsidy?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 13th Oct 18, 9:53 AM
    • 6,366 Posts
    • 4,087 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:53 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:53 AM
    I would repost on the Green and Ethical forum as the guys there are more up to speed than I am. I have just sold a home with PV Solar that was generating income/savings of 1100 per annum. Feed in Tariff and export payments have fallen so much that the economics underpinning an investment in PV solar no longer work for me. I am sitting min my hands until storage battery prices fall as I think batteries and Time of Use tariffs will be the way forward.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Oct 18, 11:35 AM
    • 3,500 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:35 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 11:35 AM
    I clicked on this companies web site: https://www.orangesolarsystems.co.uk/contact

and they state: The generation tariff stands at 4.07p per kWh and export tariff is currently 5.03p per kWh for systems below 30kW. For systems over 30 kW, an export meter is required to receive export payments.

Assuming their web site is up to date is this current rate different to what it was before?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 13th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    • 3,798 Posts
    • 2,394 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    My advice would be to check the Ofgem website to get the proper feed in tariff rates rather than looking at solar suppliers. It changes quarterly and looks like it's now down to 3.86p/kwh. The viability of solar as a decent investment is not looking ever so good at the moment.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/fit/fit-tariff-rates
    Last edited by matelodave; 13-10-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    Look after our planet - it's the only one with beer
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 17th Oct 18, 11:12 AM
    • 3,500 Posts
    • 1,983 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 17th Oct 18, 11:12 AM
    • 17th Oct 18, 11:12 AM
    Anyone else have any thoughts?
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 17th Oct 18, 12:59 PM
    • 1,037 Posts
    • 796 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:59 PM
    • 17th Oct 18, 12:59 PM
    Might get more answers on the Green board https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,753Posts Today

8,887Users online

Martin's Twitter