Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sweller
    • By Sweller 13th Oct 18, 7:43 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Sweller
    Judgement for Claimant
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:43 AM
    Judgement for Claimant 13th Oct 18 at 7:43 AM
    Just received a Judgement for Claimant from the CC Business Centre, without having received a claim form. I have call the Centre and they have confirmed that they have had some issues and a claim pack will be sent. A couple of questions:

1. Apart from writing to the CCBC and getting what was discussed in confirmed in writing and writing to BWLegal and informing them the same, is there anything thing else I should consider?
    2. Has anyone else experienced similar? The issues are supposed to have been on or around 13th September.

Thanks
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Oct 18, 9:49 AM
    • 8,845 Posts
    • 11,719 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:49 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:49 AM
    Just received a Judgement for Claimant from the CC Business Centre, without having received a claim form. I have call the Centre and they have confirmed that they have had some issues and a claim pack will be sent. A couple of questions:

1. Apart from writing to the CCBC and getting what was discussed in confirmed in writing and writing to BWLegal and informing them the same, is there anything thing else I should consider?
    2. Has anyone else experienced similar? The issues are supposed to have been on or around 13th September.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Sweller
    Northampton has some issues ???? Probably allowing
    all the Robo claims to go through

You certainly need written confirmation of this first
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    • 37,572 Posts
    • 84,512 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:50 AM
    Once you find out what happened, I think you can apply for a set aside (for a fee) and get a new day in court. This assumes you have a good reason for not defending this in the first place.

Both BW Legal and the court would have sent documents separately for the claim, so it can't just be a problem with the CCBC not sending you stuff.

Did you move recently? If so, did you update your V5 document as well as your driving licence?

The scammers only get keeper details once and won't check again to see if you have moved. They should, but there is no requirement to do so at the moment. The only address the court will have is the one provided by the scammers or their solicitors.

I don't think there is anything you can do until you have the information about what happened and why you didn't receive anything before the judgement.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Oct 18, 1:36 PM
    • 3,664 Posts
    • 5,995 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 13th Oct 18, 1:36 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 1:36 PM
    so it can't just be a problem with the CCBC not sending you stuff.
    Just in case there was, why not call them on Monday and ask if there was a problem in sending N1 claim forms out.

Then ask when it was sent and where?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Oct 18, 7:26 PM
    • 8,845 Posts
    • 11,719 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:26 PM
    Sweller ...... please send a SAR to the CCBC

The CCBC are dropping the ball on issuing claims, so they need a SAR every time otherwise people are going to have to pay 255 to set aside, when the fault lies with the Court.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bongo_drummer
    • By bongo_drummer 14th Oct 18, 4:07 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bongo_drummer
    • 14th Oct 18, 4:07 PM
    • 14th Oct 18, 4:07 PM
    Hi Sweller

I have experienced exactly the same for a claim that should have been issued on 13th September.
    I received the judgement for claimant (in default) but not prior claim forms.

CCBC told me I would have to pay 255 for a set a side.

I have since paid BW Legal as I didn't really have any alternative.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,700Posts Today

6,462Users online

Martin's Twitter