Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 13th Oct 18, 6:29 AM
    • 3,250Posts
    • 45,196Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Saturday 13th October 2018
    • 13th Oct 18, 6:29 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 13th October 2018 13th Oct 18 at 6:29 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 13th October 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH enjoying peaceful cuppa, I've showered, dressed and just finished brekkie as I'm working this morning.

Dinner last night was chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potatoes, beans/veg for the menfolk. I had stir fry veg and fish. Today we'll be having a marinated pork loin joint and roasted chicken portions, salad, french fries, I'll make some potato salad to go with it.

Yesterday I was reasonably busy, I got the food shopping done and ironing, then did a couple of other jobs, managed to get a couple of loads of washing line dried although had to keep an eye out that it didn't blow away, blustery conditions have died down a bit. It's very mild here too.

DS1 went out last night and DH said he came in approx 2.30am - I doubt I'll see him before I go to work, so I'll see him later, he's going to watch the football this afternoon. DS2 will probably want a lift when I go to work as he'll go to the gym.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 13-10-2018 at 6:41 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 13th Oct 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1,002 Posts
    • 13,565 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Just thought I'd update you on the shed keys.

The rain stopped so Mr Fix It decided to remove the window nearest the shed door, saying he could manage without me. He came to the back door to ask me if I had a magnet, so I checked my pockets........ no, it's not the sort of thing I carry around on my person ! I started to search in the drawers of the Welsh Dresser, no nothing, perhaps they are in the shed too . Anyway Mr Fix It meanwhile has put a long pole, with a hook attached, through the window, but it's no good. He looks at me a bit forlorn, shaking his head.
    I have an idea ............. I shout " couldn't you just put your hand through (the now missing window ) and open the door ". I swear I could hear the penny dropping from the house .

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. My analytical, problem solving Mr Fix It has left the building along with Elvis . I don't know if it's because of his cancer meds or if he's just getting older, if it's the latter it's a bit worrying, because he's younger than me !
    N.B. The 3 spare keys are now distributed about the house on different key rings. Another crisis averted
    Nelski thanks for your PM. That means so much to me
    Snoozer thanks for the info re Hester. Now I'm intrigued !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Olliebeak1951
    • By Olliebeak1951 13th Oct 18, 3:11 PM
    • 384 Posts
    • 3,626 Thanks
    Olliebeak1951
    nannywindows - What a day

Whenever I have a moment, I refer my family to my 'coeliac brain fog' which they don't believe, one little bit .
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 13th Oct 18, 5:29 PM
    • 16,469 Posts
    • 140,882 Thanks
    JackieO
    Hi chums excellent turn out at the Cathedral today with lots of lovely ladies clicking away

eldest DD is in Chester this weekend with friends and just send me an email to say the weather is awful, I am sitting in Kent sweltering as its very mild, and although a little breezy it was 24c this afternoon.I am off to a charity quiz tonight and have made a bag of nibbles to take with me for our team we all bring a little something in for half time.

Saw DGS Jack for about ten minutes and just dropped him off at his girlfriends place where is is going to dinner with her parents.

We are all going to DGD Katie's tomorrow for a big family lunch so it will be nice to see them together and to be able to have a cuddle with DGGD Erin

Hope everyone is safe and warm and dry those who are in the wetter parts of the UK

Thinking of the TA's today and hoping its a peaceful day for them

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018:Food Budget only Total spend up to end of November since Jan 349.83 December new month spends so far 00
    • Zazen999
    • By Zazen999 13th Oct 18, 5:43 PM
    • 5,915 Posts
    • 9,151 Thanks
    Zazen999
    Evening all.

Mainly lazy day today, what with the wind and such.

Had a very busy week at work, and spent most of it on the train, but only one more day of mayhem and I can then go back to working mainly from home.

Bit breezy today, so got loads of kohl rabi seedlings repotted but the wind kept blowing grit in my eye and so I went back indoors. So warm though.

OH is out tonight so have netflix to myself; made roasted veg ratatouille for tea; with fresh oregano, basil and garlic chives. It was lovely.

Doing all the shovelling tomorrow to the beds, can't wait! i always sleep well after a day's shovelling stuff.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,342Posts Today

7,963Users online

Martin's Twitter