Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bigal831
    • By bigal831 13th Oct 18, 12:16 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 4Thanks
    bigal831
    Any experience of penalty fares and the new Single Justice Pprocedure Notice?
    • 13th Oct 18, 12:16 AM
    Any experience of penalty fares and the new Single Justice Pprocedure Notice? 13th Oct 18 at 12:16 AM
    I received a penalty fare for not having my season ticket with me after proactively approaching a ticket inspector. Long story, but the Notice was illegible(including the number), i couldnt get advice from the railco, appealled anyway, and since then have been a kafka-esque saga of "no-reply" correspondence. The railco says they didnt receive my appeal, and that therefore it, and my susequent second appeal are void. I send them post> they send me "no reply" emails. I am aware that this is some sort of "automatic" offence, but have kept full records and think my chances of mitigation must be as good as anybodies. I think I'm being bullied my an incompetent administrative dept and note that the witness statements to the court mention none of the above. I have referred it to Transport Focus but cant even work out what they do.
    Question 1. : Does anyone have experience of pleading "not guilty" to a penalty fare and experiencing the Single Justice Procedure process?
    Question 2.: Does anyone know if a magistrate has the power to grant me costs against the railco?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,996Posts Today

5,403Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin