Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KatarinaK
    • By KatarinaK 12th Oct 18, 9:57 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KatarinaK
    NTO from City Council
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:57 PM
    NTO from City Council 12th Oct 18 at 9:57 PM
    Hi everybody,

I do apologise but as for newbies I found only private parking penalties and how to deal with that, on the website I know I should come here before informal appeal, which county council rejected my appeal, now they sent Notice to owner.
    Penalty Charge Notice was served by Civil Enforcement officer in respect of the vehicle XY for the following alleged contravention:
    Parked without clearly displaying a valid pay&display ticket. Penalty Charged notice was not paid =25, now they want 50. As I paid by phone in that place previously and it worked out and this time not, it was fault of machine clearly. I could be more careful as in the past they sent me text message reminding me expiry of ticket, but I have got proof I sent message on my mobile. I am going to make representation that the alleged contravention did not occur, but because I failed common sense informal appeal, I am kindly asking for help to formulate formal appeal, seen template letter because of reason mentioned above, if any law applies, it does not make sense, it was not my fault. Thank you for your help, Katarina.
Page 1
    • KatarinaK
    • By KatarinaK 12th Oct 18, 9:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KatarinaK
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:59 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:59 PM
    They said in reply to my informal appeal, that I sent my text message in wrong format, but it was the same format as before anyway as for spaces, so from my point of view it was technical problem on their part...
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 18, 10:05 PM
    • 19,689 Posts
    • 24,973 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:05 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:05 PM
    for coucil matters, post over on pepipoo forums in their council section (do not register with a hotmail address, try gmail or similar)

we only deal with private parking charges on here
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,058Posts Today

7,765Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin