Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Helen145
    • By Helen145 12th Oct 18, 9:21 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Helen145
    Dro and inheritance
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:21 PM
    Dro and inheritance 12th Oct 18 at 9:21 PM
    Hi
    I need some help as Iím deeply stressed. Iíll keep this brief. My DRO ends in March 2019 and Iíve heard although not officially told as yet Iím in my granddads will. Iím probably although again all hearsay that Iíll get 10 k.
    Do I have to inform the official receiver at the point that I know about the inheritance or when I receive the money or what? My debts are 20k itís a massive unconvince. Obviously Iíve read differing things like on debt camel itís the point of death and on step change itís when you receive the money. Itís likely it will be summer next year before I even see any money by which time my dro will be up. I donít know whether to jump in and refuse the money before itís paid out or what??? Donít want to get in trouble and donít want my dro to be revoked as not enough to cover it. I have two children can it go to them as Iíve read you can refuse inheritance on a dro?

Stressed to say least, didnít ask for this 😞
    Loved my grandparents all the same x
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,725Posts Today

8,092Users online

Martin's Twitter