Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • henrygregory
    • By henrygregory 12th Oct 18, 9:06 PM
    • 472Posts
    • 51Thanks
    henrygregory
    Single driver multi car insurance recommendations
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:06 PM
    Single driver multi car insurance recommendations 12th Oct 18 at 9:06 PM
    Hi there, I am on my own, have a 140k old diesel which, thankfully is still running. I use it every day to commute to work. I do around 110 mile round trip each day and park in a tight London car park where cars are often scraped and doors dented. Having done so many miles, it has got the odd scratch and mark which I am not fussed about.

I know this car won't last me forever, but it is still going, and I would like to get a second vehicle (not brand new) to use when I am not driving to work, for local non-work things. Something which is a little more presentable.

My current insurer; ESure can do multi car insurance, but to be honest, it is quite expensive. If I were to get a second car, the mileage I would do on it would be very little and the risk of my making a claim would be far lower than the older one I take in and out of London.

Can anyone recommend any insurance companies for such a situation that I can look into? I have been driving for about 12 years, have no previous claims on file and I think I have 8 or 9 years of NCB.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 12th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    • 5,056 Posts
    • 3,220 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:18 PM
    get a broker to get the best deal for you, not swinton
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"
    • marlot
    • By marlot 13th Oct 18, 7:56 AM
    • 3,650 Posts
    • 2,771 Thanks
    marlot
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:56 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 7:56 AM
    You could buy a classic car and hence use classic car insurance?

Other multicar insurers: Aviva, LV. But it might be just as cheap to run two insurance policies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,927Posts Today

9,299Users online

Martin's Twitter