Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 12th Oct 18, 6:42 PM
    • 36,277Posts
    • 46,741Thanks
    McKneff
    My bank account got scammed
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:42 PM
    My bank account got scammed 12th Oct 18 at 6:42 PM
    Last Thursday, 4th October Halifax contacted me to ask if i had made a purchase from Next, from my current account no, i hadnt so we went a little way into discussing it, I really wasnt sure about it and stopped the call.
    I rang a number for them stored on my phone and indeed it was legitimate.
    I was passed onto the fruad dept and went through the questions. Things went well, they also said that the first purchase from Next had gone through, but an Ebay one had been stopped. Great.
    They said the Next Purchase would have to go through and I would be reimbursed within 24 hours but this Next payment would be in my pending box for a couple of day, which indeed it was. Then it suddenly disappeared from the pending but has also not appeared on my account, there is no trace of anything.....
    Anyone have any ideas.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
Page 1
    • Peter999
    • By Peter999 12th Oct 18, 7:03 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    Peter999
    • 12th Oct 18, 7:03 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 7:03 PM
    Doesn't that just mean that the money was ring-fenced for a couple of days but was never finally claimed by Next, presumably as they stopped the fraud.

It's good news for you isn't it?
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 12th Oct 18, 7:21 PM
    • 36,277 Posts
    • 46,741 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 12th Oct 18, 7:21 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 7:21 PM
    it is good news for me, i was purely curious becase the man from the Halifax went on and on a bit about the transaction to go through so that they would eventually get delivery addressed.
    Thanks for your time x
    Annie
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,415Posts Today

8,525Users online

Martin's Twitter