Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Arefer
    • By Arefer 12th Oct 18, 5:52 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Arefer
    By Miles pay per mile car insurance - bymiles.co.uk
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:52 PM
    By Miles pay per mile car insurance - bymiles.co.uk 12th Oct 18 at 5:52 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've been using the By Miles car insurance service for a while, and it's very intuitive, easy to setup and the customer service is excellent. You pay a fixed annual cost which covers your car when parked, and a per mile rate when you are driving.

The insurance policy which is underwritten by AXA, is fully comprehensive (incl. business cover) and also includes protected NCD at no extra cost. Their app is brilliant and the whole policy can be managed through that. Also, unlike other insurance providers, they don't charge any admin fees for the first three policy changes.

They are currently offering 50 in free miles credit for referral signups to both parties. Please PM me for my referral link so that we each get 50 in free miles credit. I'll reply quickly.

Thank you
    Last edited by Arefer; 11-02-2019 at 3:53 AM. Reason: additional info
Page 1
    • LeeXenon
    • By LeeXenon 25th Jan 19, 10:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LeeXenon
    • 25th Jan 19, 10:22 PM
    ByMiles (Car Insurance) - 50 Discount
    • 25th Jan 19, 10:22 PM
    ByMiles
    Pay-Per-Mile Car Insurance

I'm very happy to bring ByMiles to the MSE forums and was very surprised to only see a few threads discussing the website, and no "official" referral thread.

ByMiles for me, as a driver of ~8,500miles per year works out cheaper than any other insurance company on the market, as a 25 year old driver with 3 years no claims my cheapest renewal quote was 855, this was after around a month of trawling comparison websites and going through the likes of DirectLine and others who do not appear on comparison websites. It seems that even being a police officer with additional driving qualifications does not ease the car insurance sting.

I stumbled across ByMiles completely by accident, and it has been well worth it so far.

How does it work?
    ByMiles will quote you a flat fee that is paid at the start of every 12 month period, this insures the car for when it's parked and not in motion, for every mile driven thereafter will be tracked using their device plugged into the OBD port, and will be billed at the end of the month on your desired date. The tracker will collect driving data, however the insurance company will only calculate cost based on the miles driven, using other data only when the driver is involved in a collision.

ByMiles quoted me 251.27 for the year, plus 6.4p per mile, driving 8,500 miles this totals 795.27 for the year, plus with my 50 discount code works out even cheaper when I've referred family and friends to the insurance company. I've not factored in miles lost due to annual leave or holidays, so I've just assumed that I will drive the full 8,500 giving myself "spare miles" when calculating my budget.

Referral Rewards
    50 worth of free miles for you and for me!

Referral Link
    EDIT: It appears that sharing referral links will cause them to become disabled, I've spoken with support from ByMiles in relation to this. Please drop me a PM if you wish for me to refer you. Screenshot Proof: imgur.com/a/03QGKpz

Whilst this won't work for everyone, I'm sure many other younger drivers like myself will benefit.

ByMiles.co.uk is underwritten by AXA
    Please only use the last referral link posted by new members of the thread, this ensures that everyone will benefit.
    Last edited by LeeXenon; 07-02-2019 at 5:23 PM.
    • Jolibob
    • By Jolibob 10th Feb 19, 8:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jolibob
    • 10th Feb 19, 8:36 PM
    2019 by miles promo code
    • 10th Feb 19, 8:36 PM
    Great car insurance. Worked out much cheaper for me, I got charged 175 standing charge and then 3.6p a mile. I'm 32 years old and have a 3.0 5 series so works out well for me, i tend to do 6000 ish miles each year.
    Promo code. k1bjo
    That will net you a nice 50 worth of free miles
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,774Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @theresa_may: I?m pleased that we are banning all GPs? charges for forms relating to mental health and debt. I?d like to thank @mmhpi fo?

• Currently 52% in favour of self service checkouts, 48% staffed checkouts. I'm not saying a word! https://t.co/T7zzztSAr5

• RT @chihuahuamammy: @MartinSLewis Just rang the Student Loans Company following your show. A refund of £395 for overpayment. Not early reti?

• Follow Martin