Amazhame!

Comments

• Yes I completely agree that Amazon have their rights to demand a Police report.
    I'm not disputing that. I'm getting frustrated because the Police stations do not exist with a front desk anymore. I cannot walk into a station and ask anybody because they are all manned by a yellow phone outside.
    I have spoken to 101 numerous times now and all they can do is reply to Amazon once Amazon email the Police directly with my CRN.
    Amazon will NOT help me and email the Police they repeat the same line "we are not able to assist you further until ypou send us a report"
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Well, the only other option is to take Amazon to court. Not sure where they are based though so you may not be able to UK consumer rights.

Oh and you also have the possibility of speaking to your Bank/credit card company. I believe that credit card companies are jointly liable in certain circumstances and this may qualify. Not too sure on banks etc (debit cards).

Aside from that, can't help you much more I'm afraid. You've just got to comply and/or force the issue a bit.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Amazon are messing you about.

You shouldn't be making a police report because you're not the victim - the TV belongs to Amazon until they've delivered it according to your instructions, which didn't happen. Amazon need to send you a replacement TV or refund your money, it's up to them to pursue the loss with DPD and/or the police. Especially since you have evidence that the courier left it in an insecure location.

If you're happy never buying from Amazon again just contact your card issuer for a chargeback or (if a credit card) Section 75 claim.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dj1471 wrote: »
    Amazon are messing you about.

You shouldn't be making a police report because you're not the victim - the TV belongs to Amazon until they've delivered it according to your instructions, which didn't happen. Amazon need to send you a replacement TV or refund your money, it's up to them to pursue the loss with DPD and/or the police. Especially since you have evidence that the courier left it in an insecure location.

If you're happy never buying from Amazon again just contact your card issuer for a chargeback or (if a credit card) Section 75 claim.

Anyone can make the report and on the face of it he has because he has a crime number.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Anyone can make the report and on the face of it he has because he has a crime number.
    I didn't say he couldn't, I said it's not his responsibility to do so.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    chili_pea wrote: »
    Yes I completely agree that Amazon have their rights to demand a Police report.
    I'm not disputing that. I'm getting frustrated because the Police stations do not exist with a front desk anymore. I cannot walk into a station and ask anybody because they are all manned by a yellow phone outside.
    I have spoken to 101 numerous times now and all they can do is reply to Amazon once Amazon email the Police directly with my CRN.
    Amazon will NOT help me and email the Police they repeat the same line "we are not able to assist you further until ypou send us a report"

What county do you live in?
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite

Well, if they haven't paid by CC then it is his responsibility.... :o

(Either that or brush up on foreign consumer right laws)
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

A mute point since it's already been done.
  • In Wiltshire County and FYI my greenhouse is adjacent to the garages of my neighbours. So approx 600 yards from my back door.

I paid by debit card :(
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    chili_pea wrote: »
    In Wiltshire County and FYI my greenhouse is adjacent to the garages of my neighbours. So approx 600 yards from my back door.

I paid by debit card :(

In that case there are six that are open office hours.

https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/article/684/Visit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport