Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chili_pea
    • By chili_pea 12th Oct 18, 4:42 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 10Thanks
    chili_pea
    Amazhame!
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:42 PM
    Amazhame! 12th Oct 18 at 4:42 PM
    I ordered the LG TV on Sunday 8th and paid for express delivery.

I paid for the express delivery to ensure I received the TV before a deadline and I thought paying for the additional signed delivery would be a more secure process.

The order details advised I would receive the order by 1pm on Tuesday 9th October.

Therefore I booked a day’s annual leave to ensure I would be home all day and sign for the parcel.

On Tuesday mid-day, my order was updated an hour before expected delivery to instruct me the delivery date had been changed to Wednesday 10th Oct.

I was upset with Amazon as I paid for the express delivery and booked a day off work. I was not able to also book the next day off and wait at home for the parcel.

I notified Amazon of my concerns immediately. I told Amazon that I would not be home to receive the parcel and please do not leave the parcel in an obvious place as I have had a previous parcel stolen from my front door before.

I was told by Amazon not to worry and they would leave the parcel in my garage, as it was DPD, they have delivered to my address before and they know which garage to leave it in so I didn’t see a problem.

On the morning of the 10th I received a text from DPD to say the parcel was delivered and they sent me a link to the website where a photo of the parcel was left.

To my horror the parcel was in fact on full display in a greenhouse and not boxed! The TV was on full display so everyone walking past can see a 4k 49” LG brand new TV was left unattended.

With this information in hand, I immediately contact Amazon to let them know it was left in an unsecure place and the TV was on full display for the whole neighbourhood to see.

I begged Amazon to instruct the DPD courier to come back and collect the parcel as I will not be home until much later. I worry perfusely as I did not want the parcel to go missing and I did not want to be held accountable when I tried everything in my power to be at home for the parcel.

Amazon told me at approx. 12:30pm that the courier could not come back for the parcel but “do not worry as Amazon will take full responsibility for the delivery”

After this conversation I felt a bit more reassured and returned to my working day.

I returned home at 17:00 and looked all over the property for the photo that DPD sent me with no avail. I feel absolutely let down by Amazon and will not be using them ever again in the future.

I tried my hardest to accommodate Amazons delay in the delivery and even asked Amazon to cancel the order because I knew nobody would be home, I was told numerous times not to worry as Amazon will resolve any problems.

The TV cost me £428 and £432 with delivery, I did not get the so say express delivery and I did not receive the TV.

I have been left out of pocket and very unhappy with the customer service I have received from Amazon.

They will not budge unless I send them a physical Police report with an official stamp and signature from the Offcer that investigated.

I have asked 101 for a physical copy but I'm sure it won't have all the information Amazon requested.
Page 2
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 12th Oct 18, 8:47 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 1,534 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    In Wiltshire County and FYI my greenhouse is adjacent to the garages of my neighbours. So approx 600 yards from my back door.

I paid by debit card
    Originally posted by chili_pea
    In that case there are six that are open office hours.

https://www.wiltshire.police.uk/article/684/Visit
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 12th Oct 18, 8:51 PM
    • 903 Posts
    • 1,384 Thanks
    camelot1971
    DPD left a TV over 1/2 a mile from your front door and not in the "safe place" you agreed they could leave parcels in? They didn't leave it in the garage that they have left things in before? Why would a driver drag a TV 1/2 a mile from your door?
    • Les79
    • By Les79 12th Oct 18, 9:53 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 612 Thanks
    Les79
    DPD left a TV over 1/2 a mile from your front door and not in the "safe place" you agreed they could leave parcels in? They didn't leave it in the garage that they have left things in before? Why would a driver drag a TV 1/2 a mile from your door?
    Originally posted by camelot1971
    Good point, however is 600 yards not slightly over 1/3 mile?
    • chili_pea
    • By chili_pea 12th Oct 18, 9:55 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    chili_pea
    I haven't been out there with a measuring tape but there's my back garden and 3 car garages in between my house and the greenhouse... 600 yrds is a guesstimate. Apologies if its over exaggerated.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 12th Oct 18, 10:16 PM
    • 16,448 Posts
    • 12,567 Thanks
    hollydays
    A mute point since it's already been done.
    Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    I think you mean moot point ..
    Chill out
    Last edited by hollydays; 12-10-2018 at 10:18 PM.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Oct 18, 7:19 AM
    • 12,720 Posts
    • 8,618 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    As you paid by debit card have a read here
    • chili_pea
    • By chili_pea 13th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    chili_pea
    As you paid by debit card have a read here
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup

Read where?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Oct 18, 9:46 AM
    • 12,720 Posts
    • 8,618 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Read where?
    Originally posted by chili_pea
    The word HERE in the post,
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 13th Oct 18, 5:24 PM
    • 5,550 Posts
    • 6,301 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that a brand new TV would be sent out unboxed? I also find it hard to believe any courier company would agree to handle an unboxed TV.
    • bris
    • By bris 13th Oct 18, 5:44 PM
    • 7,959 Posts
    • 6,957 Thanks
    bris
    Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that a brand new TV would be sent out unboxed? I also find it hard to believe any courier company would agree to handle an unboxed TV.
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    No you can't say that, no such things as trolls on here, no one makes up stories for us all to argue over as they sit back and eat popcorn.

It happened they may even have plugged it in and had MTV running, honest.
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 13th Oct 18, 6:20 PM
    • 903 Posts
    • 1,384 Thanks
    camelot1971
    What they imagined, er I mean what they meant I think it was it was in a TV box but not double boxed. However, seeing as I have read less convincing fairy tales, I think there is more to this "story" than the OP is telling us.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Oct 18, 6:30 PM
    • 12,720 Posts
    • 8,618 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    Amazon do a thing (and I can't recall what they name it) but it's a tick box where you agree the item will come "as it is" in it's original form type of thing - not packaged in anything other than the retail box.

I suspect this is what the OP is saying. The TV came in a box which showed the contents was a TV. Ie, the retail packaging for said TV rather than wrapping/another box.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 14th Oct 18, 10:31 AM
    • 11,832 Posts
    • 8,575 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Amazon do a thing (and I can't recall what they name it) but it's a tick box where you agree the item will come "as it is" in it's original form type of thing - not packaged in anything other than the retail box.

I suspect this is what the OP is saying. The TV came in a box which showed the contents was a TV. Ie, the retail packaging for said TV rather than wrapping/another box.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Even if this is what the OP meant I don't think have an outer Amazon box would've done anything to disguise the fact that the contents was indeed a TV.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 14th Oct 18, 2:42 PM
    • 12,720 Posts
    • 8,618 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Even if this is what the OP meant I don't think have an outer Amazon box would've done anything to disguise the fact that the contents was indeed a TV.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    I didn't say it would disguise it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

236Posts Today

1,725Users online

Martin's Twitter