Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 12th Oct 18, 4:23 PM
    • 158Posts
    • 77Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's to run Nectar 'double-up' promo next month - MSE News
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's to run Nectar 'double-up' promo next month - MSE News 12th Oct 18 at 4:23 PM
    If you've a stash of Nectar points, you may want to hold off spending them until next month – as Sainsbury's has announced it will run its next 'double-up' event in mid-November ...

Read the full story:
    'Sainsbury's to run Nectar 'double-up' promo next month'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 2
    • John1963
    • By John1963 6th Nov 18, 9:06 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    John1963
    Double-Up Issues

I rang them tonight as I mistakenly ordered £400(!) worth of vouchers on-line and today received two envelopes enclosing a single £10 voucher in each.

It seems as others have said that there are known issues and with missing vouchers and these are being sorted. I was also told that I would be getting another £380 worth, which is very good news indeed.

Has anybody else experienced similar with over-ordering vouchers, my mistake was thinking that I could redeem £200 worth of Nectar points, it was only after committing the second £100 order that I realised that the limit was £200 worth of vouchers.This may well turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 9th Nov 18, 8:42 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    saintscouple
    Well time is running out for them to resolve this - wonder if they just say what you want to hear on the phone or live chat, and not actually what they can deliver in saying we will get the correct vouchers before the event starts.

Thought Martin may have posted something about this too.

What's everyone's plans who are effected? Another phone call or live chat, or go to store and see if customer services there can sort it?

Surely i would have thought the quickest and easiest way to resolve it would have just been to put the points back on our card so we can redeem the vouchers instore.
    • IM
    • By IM 9th Nov 18, 11:15 AM
    • 334 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    IM
    Well time is running out for them to resolve this - wonder if they just say what you want to hear on the phone or live chat, and not actually what they can deliver in saying we will get the correct vouchers before the event starts.

Thought Martin may have posted something about this too.

What's everyone's plans who are effected? Another phone call or live chat, or go to store and see if customer services there can sort it?

Surely i would have thought the quickest and easiest way to resolve it would have just been to put the points back on our card so we can redeem the vouchers instore.
    Originally posted by saintscouple
    Agreed. A lot of folk pursue Nectar points through the year based on the opportunity to leverage a bit of extra for Christmas. First rule of retail (learned in my Saturday job at a butchers when I was a kid) you can get away with most things with customers, but never dare screwing up their Christmases - they'll never forgive you.
    • fatboyonadiet
    • By fatboyonadiet 9th Nov 18, 12:07 PM
    • 5,309 Posts
    • 2,250 Thanks
    fatboyonadiet
    Surprised there hasn't been more news about this, or Nectar still haven't resolved

Just refund everyone and advise to do it in store

I've rung today and been told it'll get sorted

So far I'm down £50

I've also been having issues with Nectar Caffe Nero redemptions too!
    2p off is still 2p off!
    • fatboyonadiet
    • By fatboyonadiet 9th Nov 18, 1:23 PM
    • 5,309 Posts
    • 2,250 Thanks
    fatboyonadiet
    LATEST EMAIL!!!

Your Double Up vouchers are on the way
    We wanted to let you know that the Double Up vouchers you ordered online are now on their way to you in the post.

They will arrive in time for you to spend in store from 12 Ė 18 November. If you do not receive them by 13 - 14 November then please call our helpline 0344 811 0811 or live chat with us on nectar.com

We are sorry for the delay in receiving your vouchers but hope that you enjoy spending them at Sainsbury's.
    2p off is still 2p off!
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 9th Nov 18, 5:25 PM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    saintscouple
    Yep, i got that email too - will ring them on the 13th if not arrived by then - guess they will do as we've been suggesting and credit our accounts so we can redeem instore. Bear in mind accounts normally take 24 hours to update.
    • snarffie
    • By snarffie 9th Nov 18, 8:29 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    snarffie
    Confusion reigns!
    Hi guys,

I was going to go into the store on Monday morning and get 4x£50 vouchers to spend on a single item costing £230.

I checked with customer services in store and was told that I canít combine vouchers and the most I could get off one item is £50 (1 voucher). The lady in Sainsburyís was sure this was correct as she had queried it today.

I phoned Nectarís helpline (03442 811 0811) and was told I CAN combine the 4 vouchers to pay for a single item. I told the call centre operator about the customer services person who was adamant that I couldnít and asked him to double-check with a supervisor. He went away for a couple of minutes and came back to confirm that I can combine the £50 vouchers to pay for one item!

Unfortunately, I couldnít get an email confirmation, so not sure what I can do now..

My only thought it to pop in tomorrow and ask to see a manager to get it sorted. Iíve checked the T&Cís on the Nectar website and there is nothing that says one voucher only per transaction, unless Iím seriously missing something!

Any ideas?
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 9th Nov 18, 9:04 PM
    • 2,727 Posts
    • 2,063 Thanks
    no1catman
    I'll be looking for 'entertainment' and 'clothing', but with these, I find what I want in-store first, then get the vouchers. That way I'm not stuck with any I can't use.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • snarffie
    • By snarffie 9th Nov 18, 9:18 PM
    • 392 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    snarffie
    I'll be looking for 'entertainment' and 'clothing', but with these, I find what I want in-store first, then get the vouchers. That way I'm not stuck with any I can't use.
    Originally posted by no1catman
    That's exactly what I told the customer services person I intended to do, but she said one at a time!
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 9th Nov 18, 9:31 PM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    saintscouple
    Just go on to live chat when it opens tomorrow, and get them to confirm it there. You can then have the transcript emailed to you to show the staff in store on your phone, or you can print it off.

https://help.nectar.com/app/chat/chat_launch
    Last edited by saintscouple; 09-11-2018 at 9:32 PM. Reason: added link
    • snarffie
    • By snarffie 10th Nov 18, 10:30 AM
    • 392 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    snarffie
    Did a live chat and they confirmed you can combine vouchers up to £200 on ONE item, which is great. Didn't get an email of the transcript though, but I did print out the online discussion as a pdf on my phone. Will pop into Sainsbury's today to make them aware of this so I don't get any hassle on Monday morning before going into work!
    • deely
    • By deely 10th Nov 18, 2:53 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    deely
    my vouchers arrived this morning and 100% correct too
    • hannh
    • By hannh 11th Nov 18, 7:38 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    hannh
    Right, stupid question time but I've got myself right confused...

So I have about 58 quids worth of nectar points, I was going to exchange 50, giving me 100£ voucher. Can I just spend this on a variety of stuff, ie a few bits and bobs from the home / entertainment section, or is it one(or more) voucher per one item as I have seen on this thread?
    And with the categories rule, does it mean you dont have to pick in advance, but you still have to spend each voucher in just one category?
    Thanks
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 11th Nov 18, 9:40 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    saintscouple
    Right, stupid question time but I've got myself right confused...

So I have about 58 quids worth of nectar points, I was going to exchange 50, giving me 100£ voucher. Can I just spend this on a variety of stuff, ie a few bits and bobs from the home / entertainment section, or is it one(or more) voucher per one item as I have seen on this thread?
    And with the categories rule, does it mean you dont have to pick in advance, but you still have to spend each voucher in just one category?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by hannh
    You can use your voucher to buy a variety of anything listed below.
    If you have 5 x £20 vouchers say, you can use all in one transaction - the only stipulation is the total must not be less than 5p of what the total value of the vouchers are. i.e in your case £100 of vouchers used in 1 go, the total must not be less that £99.95.

• hannh
    • By hannh 11th Nov 18, 9:59 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    hannh
    Thank you so much!
    • madderrose
    • By madderrose 11th Nov 18, 10:19 AM
    • 206 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    madderrose
    You can use your voucher to buy a variety of anything listed below.
    If you have 5 x £20 vouchers say, you can use all in one transaction - the only stipulation is the total must not be less than 5p of what the total value of the vouchers are. i.e in your case £100 of vouchers used in 1 go, the total must not be less that £99.95.

Originally posted by saintscouple
    From that list above, Iím not certain if gaming consoles are included. I want a switch - does anyone know?
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 11th Nov 18, 4:24 PM
    • 6,484 Posts
    • 7,018 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    From that list above, Iím not certain if gaming consoles are included. I want a switch - does anyone know?
    Originally posted by madderrose

I'm pretty sure consoles aren't included - games yes, consoles no.
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 11th Nov 18, 4:53 PM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,932 Thanks
    saintscouple
    Originally posted by madderrose
    I would say they are, they have been in previous years, and whilst i only took a photo of the list, there is a photo above it which an xbox one console is in it. Thus as there is a console in the photo i would take it as they are included - miss-representation otherwise.
    • madderrose
    • By madderrose 11th Nov 18, 5:56 PM
    • 206 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    madderrose
    Thank you both - there is some hope then! Iíll check with customer services before exchanging my vouchers.
    • IM
    • By IM 12th Nov 18, 12:36 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    IM
    Morning all.

Am I missing something here, or have Sainsos/Nectar messed up...?

I ordered two £50 vouchers and 10,000 Nectar points were deducted from my account - see copy 'n' paste from confirmation email below....

Reward Details
    Reward Supplier Sainsbury's
    Reward £50 voucher
    Quantity required 2
    Points required 10,000
    Total Points spent 10,000

However, the letter which arrived in the post at the weekend only has one £50 voucher.

Would they send them out separately? Certainly the way the letter is formatted/printed suggests that there is space for up to 6 perforated vouchers.

Given the small window to spend the vouchers, I don't just want to wait for Postman Pat to deliver the second voucher.
    Originally posted by IM
    My second voucher turned up over the weekend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,483Posts Today

7,151Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MarieBlackett: @MartinSLewis Someone asked me if they could ?tappity tap tap? their card once. Made me giggle! As a retail worker I get?

• RT @NyeBeverage: @MartinSLewis I get "tap it" the most, working in a bar. "Ping it" is more common than you think, and makes me giggle.

• When you want to pay by contactless - what do you call it - I always say "I'll just beep it". What's your phrase?

• Follow Martin