Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pod74
    • By pod74 12th Oct 18, 3:47 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    pod74
    Service charges new build houses
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:47 PM
    Service charges new build houses 12th Oct 18 at 3:47 PM
    Hello, just some feedback on something. I moved into my new build home 18 months ago, we got a letter last week explaining that the management company responsibilty for the new builds is being handed over to all the residents. I remember this being mentioned when viewing the show home at the time, but we where looking to buy one of the houses that was going to be in the new road for the development. It turned out that we bought one that was on the main road that was already there (the road that is), so i checked the transfer contract of the sale and it does mention that the residents are responsible for the maintaining etc of the road and services.

My view is that our house is not on the new road and we have no access to our property from the road to our house. We have no parking asigned to us on the new road, we have no service from it what so ever. Our address is even different, our address is the road that we are on that has always been there. We do not feel that it is correct that we are expected to financialy be responsable for a road that we do not live on.

And if this makes a difference, none of our boundaries around our house touch the common area of the new build, front of the house and drive attached to existing road. One side of the boundary is on a lane to a alotment that is not part of the development, other side boudary to my neighbours garden. And the rear boundary again to rear neighbours garden.

Has anyone been in this situation or know what rights I have now?

Many thanks for any feedback.
Page 2
    • pod74
    • By pod74 12th Oct 18, 6:29 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pod74
    Hi moneyistoshortatthemoment

Yes it’s a detached house off the development. Main development was a dairy factory, then the developers bought a small block of garages that was next to it where our house is now.
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 17th Oct 18, 10:16 PM
    • 17,336 Posts
    • 48,083 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    Hi moneyistoshortatthemoment

Yes itís a detached house off the development. Main development was a dairy factory, then the developers bought a small block of garages that was next to it where our house is now.
    Originally posted by pod74
    So - they've definitely not "separated out" the two bits of land and the one remaining question is "Did they do that by accident or design?".
    Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. It's the only thing that ever has.

Extinction Rebellion
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

242Posts Today

1,211Users online

Martin's Twitter