Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Littleconfused
    • By Littleconfused 12th Oct 18, 3:37 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Littleconfused
    Defence help please
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:37 PM
    Defence help please 12th Oct 18 at 3:37 PM
    Please help. I canít swem to get any information on newbies site despite what I search.
    My dilema is my son who was the driver of the car but registered in my husbands name got 4
    Tickets parking at a friends on a private estate. We ignored all the letters
    Thinking this was correct and it was a scam, now I have a court claim letter claimant being Gladstones. They seem to of done everything right, correct photos, correct
    Information on the sign( I went to look) and visible,
    He parked there as security said itís ok! Is it worth defending and how on earth can I do this? Please help
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 18, 3:51 PM
    • 20,387 Posts
    • 25,744 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:51 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:51 PM
    go to the top of this forum , look at the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. post #2 explains what to do in court case claims

no its not easy, but the defendant (your husband) is being taken to court and must either pay up or defend in court, despite there newbieness

nobody here can tell you if he will win, that needs to be studied with lots of facts you have not given us (neither has the parking company)

engage a solicitor if you are looking for professional legal advice, as 4 tickets amounts to a lot of money

for free advice, follow the advice in that post #2 of the NEWBIES thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Oct 18, 4:23 PM
    • 3,783 Posts
    • 6,226 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:23 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:23 PM
    how on earth can I do this?
    He parked there as security said it’s ok!
    That's a defence there IF you can get a letter from security to confirm in writing that this is what was offered. It's called estoppel.

Seen UKPC get caught up on that one where "security" were saying one thing, then ticketing later.

Which parking company was it?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to RTFM - the Civil Procedure Rules
    2. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend- See #1
    3. Failing to RTFCL - the Court letters
    4. Template defences that say nothing - See #1
    5. Forgetting about the Witness Statement - See #3
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 12th Oct 18, 6:00 PM
    • 11,272 Posts
    • 11,829 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:00 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:00 PM
    What is the Date of Issue on your husband's Claim Form?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,200Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin