Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ferreira82
    • By Ferreira82 12th Oct 18, 3:25 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ferreira82
    CCJ issued but no notice of this prior to checking credit score
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:25 PM
    CCJ issued but no notice of this prior to checking credit score 12th Oct 18 at 3:25 PM
    Hi

I have checked my credit score and shows that a CCJ has been issued, I have not received any notification of this prior. My concern is I live with my mother who is registered as disabled and don't need bailiffs coming to the door, it doesn't help matters that I was recently made unemployed aswell so I have no money to pay this any way? All I know is that it's been issued by county court business centre but I have no contact details to try and call and get this resolved. I'm not sure where I stand on this any advice would be greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 12th Oct 18, 3:30 PM
    • 12,830 Posts
    • 9,901 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:30 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:30 PM
    Find out who the claimant is. If you can't get through on the phone, ask them to email you the particulars of claim.

County Court Business Centre (CCBC):

ccbc@justice.gov.uk

0300 123 1056
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Oct 18, 4:13 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 14,645 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:13 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:13 PM
    On rare occasions a claim form can be lost in the post, but normally this happens because you move house and fail to inform the creditor you have done so, therefore all correspondence goes to the old address, and hey presto, CCJ by default.

Contact the court as advised above, then the matter can be dealt with.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • GM1880
    • By GM1880 13th Oct 18, 1:44 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    GM1880
    • 13th Oct 18, 1:44 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 1:44 PM
    What was the date of the CCJ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,399Posts Today

8,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin