Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dawn015
    • By Dawn015 12th Oct 18, 2:52 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dawn015
    Argos blaming supplier and refusing to help.
    • 12th Oct 18, 2:52 PM
    Argos blaming supplier and refusing to help. 12th Oct 18 at 2:52 PM
    Hi, I wonder if anyone has any advice on my predicement?

On 12th September I received a chest of drawers, purchased from the Argos website. On unwrapping it I found all the drawers to broken. I immediately contacted Argos and they agreed to pick up the broken furniture and send a replacement, telling me that I would contacted by their supplier, Consort Furniture, with a delivery date.

By the 21st September, I had not heard anything and so I contacted Argos again. They told me they had contacted the supplier, but had not heard anything back. I was unhappy with this and so told them that I wanted to cancel the order and get a refund. They said that was fine, but that the Consort Furniture would have to contact me with a date to pick up the broken item and that I would then have to contact Argos 3-4 days after collection to arrange the refund.

By 1st October, I had still not heard from Consort Furniture, so contacted Argos again. They told me that they had not heard from the supplier and that I should wait another week. On 8th October, I contacted Argos again and was told the same thing, and that I would not get a refund until the broken item was collected.

It is now a month since I received the broken item and I'm not sure what to do. My contract is with Argos, not their supplier. Surely it's there responsibility to arrange the pick up and refund. I feel like I'm being fobbed off as I keep being told that they're "waiting on there supplier". Argos have my money and I have an unusable chest of drawers! What should my next course of action be?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 12th Oct 18, 3:36 PM
    • 12,723 Posts
    • 8,621 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:36 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:36 PM
    How much are we talking about and how did you pay?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Oct 18, 3:42 PM
    • 22,342 Posts
    • 11,911 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:42 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 3:42 PM
    What should my next course of action be?
    Originally posted by Dawn015
    Write a formal letter of complaint to Argos about the unacceptable delay. Tell them you are not prepared to be fobbed off by them continually putting the blame on their supplier.

If you still get no joy then you might consider approaching your credit card provider (assuming you paid by that means and the item cost more than 100).
    • Dawn015
    • By Dawn015 12th Oct 18, 4:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dawn015
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:10 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:10 PM
    170 and I paid by Visa debit card.
    • Dawn015
    • By Dawn015 12th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dawn015
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:11 PM
    Thanks. I'll give this a go.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 12th Oct 18, 4:22 PM
    • 5,046 Posts
    • 4,971 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:22 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 4:22 PM
    Chargeback is a possible option to pursue, albeit isn't guaranteed to succeed as it is a voluntary scheme provided by Visa and Mastercard. (If you'd paid by credit card then you'd have had Section 75 protection, which has legal backing).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 12th Oct 18, 5:02 PM
    • 16,023 Posts
    • 22,031 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:02 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:02 PM
    Will the parts fit in your car?

If yes, take them to your local argos and dump them in store!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Oct 18, 5:19 PM
    • 22,342 Posts
    • 11,911 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:19 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:19 PM

If yes, take them to your local argos and dump them in store!
    Originally posted by pinkshoes
    I'd only do this as a final resort..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,587Posts Today

7,906Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin