Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Petercub
    • By Petercub 12th Oct 18, 2:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Petercub
    Pru with profits
    • 12th Oct 18, 2:43 PM
    Pru with profits 12th Oct 18 at 2:43 PM
    I wonder if someone could advise me on a current top op being considered for a pru bond.
    Would you recommend the optimum bonus or optimum return sub funds?
    Thank you.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Oct 18, 2:51 PM
    • 95,421 Posts
    • 63,071 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Oct 18, 2:51 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 2:51 PM
    I wonder if someone could advise me on a current top op being considered for a pru bond.
    Which version? Pru has issued many versions over the years (in many cases, reducing the level of capital security and increasing the charges to buy it back in again). This means the older ones can often be much better value for money than the more modern ones.
    Would you recommend the optimum bonus or optimum return sub funds?
    Whichever one suits the objective better. As they fall under different risk profiles, it shouldnt really be a choice as only one would be suitable for the individual (or potential mix and match if fine tuning). However, it does tie in with the version you are referring to due to costs.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Petercub
    • By Petercub 12th Oct 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Petercub
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:27 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:27 PM
    Thank you.
    First contribution was 1992. So it has performed well but now time to take an income from and i want to add a sum to it.
    Would you be unhappy with 50/50 between the funds, although i remember you saying a number of years ago that the optimum bonus fund had been the better performing.
    Although it had a larger bond element and more cautious. Government bond yields are beginning to rise.
    Anyway what do you think?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

943Posts Today

7,469Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Today's twitter poll: Should the UK follow Canada and legalise cannabis for recreational purposes? Citizens there? https://t.co/W0wHo6mmm2

• Follow Martin