Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Duh18
    • By Duh18 12th Oct 18, 12:40 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Duh18
    My debt-free diary
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:40 PM
    My debt-free diary 12th Oct 18 at 12:40 PM
    Ive decided to start a diary to keep myself on track of my debt repayment plan

I hope you guys can support myself along the way

Ive posted a previous thread in wannabe under I want to clear every last penny

Summary

Argos Card - 300
    Halifax OD - 315
    Barclaycard - 500
    Lloyds Loan - 2700
    Santander CC - 3000
    HSBC CC - 6300
Page 1
    • fatrab
    • By fatrab 12th Oct 18, 12:49 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 3,576 Thanks
    fatrab
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:49 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:49 PM
    Hi and welcome! Best of luck on your journey
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 12th Oct 18, 1:47 PM
    • 7,209 Posts
    • 15,711 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    • 12th Oct 18, 1:47 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 1:47 PM
    Good idea to start a diary. It is a great way of tracking how you are doing. Are you targeting the Argos first?
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Duh18
    • By Duh18 12th Oct 18, 8:04 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Duh18
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:04 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:04 PM
    Im going to have the Barclaycard cleared by 1st December, 100% !!

I am going to be realist in terms of December and Christmas, I was going to use my December pay to clear the Argos but I checked with Argos and I owe 220 not 300, so Im going to make a 100 in December and 100 in January. I can then concentrate on the Santander

I think once the Barclaycard, Argos & Halifax have gone this will realise a small percentage of pressure of myself and I know I can concentrate on one sole debt being the Santander by putting any extra cash / left over cash towards were at the moment I feel like the debts are coming from every direction!

I also have a question once I have paid the credit cards should I close them down immediately? I am just curious in terms of credit rating etc
    • fatrab
    • By fatrab 15th Oct 18, 7:40 AM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 3,576 Thanks
    fatrab
    • 15th Oct 18, 7:40 AM
    • 15th Oct 18, 7:40 AM
    I would close them immediately. Remove the temptation.

Are you likely to be making any credit application within the few months anyway?
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,610Posts Today

7,870Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin