Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 12th Oct 18, 5:47 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sclondon2018
    Park Direct/DRP/Gladstones
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:47 AM
    Park Direct/DRP/Gladstones 12th Oct 18 at 5:47 AM
    Hi everyone. Hereís my story and where I am at.

Firstly I receive a letter several months ago from DRP saying that I have failed to deal with a parking ticket on a private road. The road in question only had 3 signs up, and they were all positioned on the entrance to small car park strips off of the main carriageway, with obvious markings for each persons house/flat, were a different road surface and of which I assumed the signs related to, not the main road. There are no obvious signs covering the main road.

I did not receive any parking ticket on my car (even though they said there was one) nor did I receive a notice to keeper or other correspondence before the DRP one.

I had gotten a ticket the week before which once again, no ticket, however I did get a NTK which I appealed, surprisingly got rejected by PD and IAS, so I just paid it. However this one there was nothing at all. I asked PD and DRP for copies of the NTK so I could check it conformed to POFA and also look at the evidence of the parking contravention (if there was one) I was told I couldnít have the NTK but would email the pictures. I to date have not received any from either.

I continued to receive a bombardment of harassing letters and text messages from DRP threatening court action and damage to my credit file so I sent them a letter informing that I will not be paying, to only contact me through a solicitor and that their contact was distressing me, and yet they continued. This mater is now with my local police force.

The latest.
    I receive a letter from Gladstoneís a couple of days ago which looks very much like DRP. Their contact numbers, that infamous Park Direct vs Beavis quote and another bunch of info about paying DRP so I think itís safe to say itís DRP. Iíve written to Gladstoneís asking if they have authorised DRP to use their name and letterhead in order to put more pressure on me to harass me further into paying and Iím awaiting a reply which I probably wonít get.

Iíve also contacted the Chartered Trading Standards Institue with my concerns of this companies outfit and the suitability for IPC/Gladstoneís to be one and the same. Awaiting something back from that too.

In summary, no NTD (twice in a week), no NTK, refusal to provide information by DRP and PD, harassment from DRP and now a solicitors letter sent by DRP.

What can I expect next?
Page 1
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 12th Oct 18, 5:50 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sclondon2018
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:50 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:50 AM
    Sorry, I meant parking eye vs beavis
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Oct 18, 6:11 AM
    • 3,784 Posts
    • 6,230 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:11 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:11 AM
    which looks very much like DRP. Their contact numbers
    Sit on it. No point in contacting them and giving them the impression of you being a "hooked fish".

Wait for one that says pay Gladstones and not DRP

There are no obvious signs covering the main road.
    Get pics now. They may have put more up which will cause you an issue if they produce pics of a forest of signs.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to RTFM - the Civil Procedure Rules
    2. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend- See #1
    3. Failing to RTFCL - the Court letters
    4. Template defences that say nothing - See #1
    5. Forgetting about the Witness Statement - See #3
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 18, 9:10 AM
    • 9,717 Posts
    • 12,778 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:10 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:10 AM
    You have received yet another pimped out letterhead
    using the Gladstones logo

Deceit is practiced by Gladstones and DRP.

You are right to complain about the big Gladstones/IPC/IAS
    scam

DRP add a fake charge of £60 for each ticket yet they
    tell the PPC's they offer a "no win no fee"

The DRP fake Gladstones letter is just the same as
    WONGA who scammed their customers with the same

Doubt Gladstones will give a suitable reply without
    exposing themselves further to their scam

Also bear in mind that DRP are members of the BPA ???

The BPA state ....

"The BPA has been at the forefront of raising standards in the sector for many years"

https://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/parking-code-of-practice-bill-can-deliver-a-better-parking-experience-for-motorists-

If that was true, why are the BPA allowing DRP to
    extort money from people and give completely false
    statements about CCJ's and the Beavis case.
    OR is the BPA only interested in membership fees ???

Maybe Steve Clark of the BPA would care to comment
    about "raising standards" when members like DRP
    are rubbishing the BPA
    steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

Sir Greg Knight proposed the new bill which we hope
    to become law very soon.

Government can no longer ignore these scammers
    Sir Greg Knight sothcottt@parliament.uk

The Daily Mail ran an article last week
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-6251825/Fight-against-private-parking-tickets-campaign-stop-sharks.html

The editor wants to hear from you
    editor@thisismoney.co.uk
    Last edited by beamerguy; 12-10-2018 at 9:19 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 12th Oct 18, 9:31 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sclondon2018
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:31 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:31 PM
    Sit on it. No point in contacting them and giving them the impression of you being a "hooked fish".

Wait for one that says pay Gladstones and not DRP
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    I've not contacted DRP again, and I won't, thats with the police now along with this new letter from them on Gladstones paperwork.

Get pics now. They may have put more up which will cause you an issue if they produce pics of a forest of signs.
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    I do have pictures but only from a couple of months after. As I never received the NTK nor the additional letter that they claim to have sent (strange that, especially seeing as both NTD vanished from my car before returning... allegedly)

However I do still have them all along with a map of the supposed locations and whats actually there. See linked images. The bigger images are the ones that they claim the boards to be, the inset photos are ones I took showing a different story.... Oh well, looks like they won't let post links. Thanks.
    Last edited by sclondon2018; 12-10-2018 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Not letting me add links
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Oct 18, 9:56 PM
    • 20,721 Posts
    • 32,637 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:56 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:56 PM
    thats with the police now along with this new letter from them on Gladstones paperwork.
    Are the police actually playing along with you on this? Their normal response is, 'Nowt to do with us, it's a civil matter, Sir'!

What have they said to you? What do they intend/likely to do on your behalf?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 13th Oct 18, 9:39 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sclondon2018
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:39 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:39 PM
    I don't want to go into too much detail but it amounts to harassment. Read up on Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009]. Interesting case for companies that hound you continuously against your express wishes, regardless of intent.
    Last edited by sclondon2018; 13-10-2018 at 9:40 PM. Reason: Addition
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th Oct 18, 9:54 PM
    • 11,404 Posts
    • 11,937 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:54 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:54 PM
    I don't want to go into too much detail but it amounts to harassment. Read up on Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009]. Interesting case for companies that hound you continuously against your express wishes, regardless of intent.
    Originally posted by sclondon2018
    But that's a Civil Court of Appeal precedent - often mentioned on here.

How come the police are interested in a civil matter?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Oct 18, 10:15 PM
    • 9,717 Posts
    • 12,778 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:15 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:15 PM
    The whole parking industry relies on harassment.

The whole Gladstones set up is scam harassment.

We will all be interested to see if the police do anything

I am all for reporting the Gladstones bunch to Action Fraud

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Oct 18, 8:29 AM
    • 20,721 Posts
    • 32,637 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Regulars here are well versed in the Ferguson v BG case, but the bar in that case was set very high and we've yet to see a private parking case get anywhere near to getting over it.

It would be great to see the police take this on for you, and win, but I guess they might realise the floodgates that could potentially open.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 15th Oct 18, 4:45 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sclondon2018
    But that's a Civil Court of Appeal precedent - often mentioned on here.

How come the police are interested in a civil matter?
    But harassment is still a criminal matter as per the protection from harassment act 1997.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 15th Oct 18, 5:38 PM
    • 3,784 Posts
    • 6,230 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    But harassment is still a criminal matter as per the protection from harassment act 1997.
    Actually there are two levels. Criminal and civil. You want civil as it is easier to prove and runs in the County Court track and not the Magistrates Court track. In addition, any monies in the civil court track are paid to the Claimant but in the criminal track are paid to the Crown.

Clear?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Oct 18, 6:44 PM
    • 9,717 Posts
    • 12,778 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Sure it is but harassment as a case is difficult and expensive

As you have involved the police, wait for that outcome

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 7th Nov 18, 11:05 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sclondon2018
    Is this something that a no win no fee thing will take on? A civil harassment suit I mean?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Nov 18, 11:21 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,477 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The Police are not the slightest bit interested, are they?

Nor will a solicitor be. Have a look at solicitors who deal with harassment cases - there are some, I've looked at this before, because a lowlife aggressive git stalked & harassed me for a couple of years.

But you'd need deep pockets if you wanted to sue for a meaningful sum.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Nov 18, 5:33 AM
    • 3,784 Posts
    • 6,230 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Is this something that a no win no fee thing will take on?
    No win / no fee requires ATE (After the event) insurance policy. Any lawyer is happy to run a no win/no fee case if it is insurance backed as the insurance company takes the risk and the lawyer gets paid.

Not aware of there being an insurance market for harassment claims - so it will have to be self-funded with you taking all the risk.

But the key question is were you really being harassed or do you simply dispute the facts of the event. If it is the latter then it is cheaper to issue your own claim in the Small Claims track which has costs protection.

PS Was this Subway in Uxbridge?
    Last edited by IamEmanresu; 08-11-2018 at 5:39 AM.
    • sclondon2018
    • By sclondon2018 9th Nov 18, 10:15 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sclondon2018
    It sent to the force solicitor but he said it was doubtful to be able to prove it to the burden of proof required. Thereís several stated cases and they say that one should Ďexpectí some sort of inconvenience in these matters. Disappointing but hey.

TBH Iím not after money myself, I just want to give them a taste of their own medicine and attempt to put an end to what is plan and simple... lawful harassment and bullying.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,171Posts Today

6,441Users online

Martin's Twitter