Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • womble_lancs
    • By womble_lancs 11th Oct 18, 9:44 PM
    • 259Posts
    • 4,530Thanks
    womble_lancs
    Password reset on Bauer sites
    • 11th Oct 18, 9:44 PM
    Password reset on Bauer sites 11th Oct 18 at 9:44 PM
    Every single time I go to any of the Bauer websites, it tells me that my password is wrong. So I do the password reset, and reset it to the same thing, and it lets me in. The following day it tells me that the password is wrong. This happens every single day and it's absolutely infuriating. It seems to have started since I started using LastPass, but I don't know if that's coincidence.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?
    2013 win: 1 x DVD | 2014 wins: retro sweets hamper; T-Rex box set; theatre tickets; children's book; 50 shopping voucher; 1 x DVD; 3 months supply of dog food; Sherlock DVD | 2015 win: Samsung Chromebook | 2016 wins: 50 iTunes vouchers; 200 cash |
    2017 win: 100 cash | Microplane zester & grater
Page 1
    • Fergal1982
    • By Fergal1982 12th Oct 18, 9:34 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 4,564 Thanks
    Fergal1982
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:34 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 9:34 AM
    I had the same problem. It boiled down to the Bauer sites all using the same account nowadays, but Lastpass still sees them as separate sites, so if you are randomising your password each time it doesn't see the changes on other sites.

You can fix this though, by going into Lastpass and setting the sites as equivalent domains:
    • Click on Lastpass in the toolbar
    • Select "Open My Vault"
    • Select Account Settings in the bottom left
    • Select the Equivalent Domains Tab
    • Click Add, and paste the following domains into the textbox

capitalfm.com, capitalxtra.com, heart.co.uk, classicfm.com, smoothradio.com, lbc.co.uk, radiox.co.uk, mygoldmusic.co.uk
    After that, click add again to commit the change. This should show all the sites as the same in Lastpass. You'll want to delete out the accounts until you have just one. After this, (you may need to reset the password once more to get it into sync), it'll show you the same login for all the sites. That should solve your problems.
    Wins so far (2018): Deadpool 2 Screening
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 12th Oct 18, 10:07 AM
    • 39,017 Posts
    • 284,964 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:07 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:07 AM
    I had the same problem. It boiled down to the Bauer sites all using the same account nowadays, but Lastpass still sees them as separate sites, so if you are randomising your password each time it doesn't see the changes on other sites.

You can fix this though, by going into Lastpass and setting the sites as equivalent domains:
    • Click on Lastpass in the toolbar
    • Select "Open My Vault"
    • Select Account Settings in the bottom left
    • Select the Equivalent Domains Tab
    • Click Add, and paste the following domains into the textbox

After that, click add again to commit the change. This should show all the sites as the same in Lastpass. You'll want to delete out the accounts until you have just one. After this, (you may need to reset the password once more to get it into sync), it'll show you the same login for all the sites. That should solve your problems.
    Originally posted by Fergal1982
    capitalfm.com, capitalxtra.com, heart.co.uk, classicfm.com, smoothradio.com, lbc.co.uk, radiox.co.uk, mygoldmusic.co.uk

Those are Global sites not Bauer ones although the same may apply (apart from Absolute Radio I don't have accounts on any Bauer ones)
    Internet goodness 25610
    • Fergal1982
    • By Fergal1982 12th Oct 18, 10:19 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 4,564 Thanks
    Fergal1982
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:19 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:19 AM
    Those are Global sites not Bauer ones although the same may apply (apart from Absolute Radio I don't have accounts on any Bauer ones)
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    Ah. I must be the same, only encountered it with those sites (so far). In that case, yeah, the issue/resolution is probably the same, but the list of sites will need to be different. Perhaps we can compile a list here for the Bauer sites.

OP, can you start us off with a list of the sites you've noticed the issue on?
    Wins so far (2018): Deadpool 2 Screening
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 12th Oct 18, 10:38 AM
    • 39,017 Posts
    • 284,964 Thanks
    mjm3346
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:38 AM
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:38 AM
    Bauer Radio Brands include

Kiss
    The Absolute Radio Network 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, Classic Rock and Absolute Radio.
    Planet Rock
    Magic Chilled
    Free Radio
    Gem 106
    Magic Soul
    CFM
    Clyde
    CoolFM
    Downtown Country
    Downtown Radio
    Hits Radio
    Forth
    Hallam
    Heat
    Kerrang!
    Kiss
    KISSFRESH
    KISSTORY
    Magic Radio
    Metro Radio
    MFR
    Northsound
    Radio Aire
    Radio Borders
    Radio City
    Radio City Talk
    Rock FM
    Tay
    TFM
    Key
    Viking
    Wave 105.2 FM
    West FM
    West Sound
    Internet goodness 25610
    • womble_lancs
    • By womble_lancs 13th Oct 18, 8:41 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 4,530 Thanks
    womble_lancs
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:41 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:41 PM
    You can fix this though, by going into Lastpass and setting the sites as equivalent domains
    Originally posted by Fergal1982
    Thank you! You are amazing, I would never have known to do that
    2013 win: 1 x DVD | 2014 wins: retro sweets hamper; T-Rex box set; theatre tickets; children's book; 50 shopping voucher; 1 x DVD; 3 months supply of dog food; Sherlock DVD | 2015 win: Samsung Chromebook | 2016 wins: 50 iTunes vouchers; 200 cash |
    • womble_lancs
    • By womble_lancs 13th Oct 18, 8:42 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 4,530 Thanks
    womble_lancs
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:42 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:42 PM
    Bauer Radio Brands include
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    and you're awesome, too. Thanks ever so much!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,237Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin