Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 11th Oct 18, 6:21 PM
    • 794Posts
    • 679Thanks
    Hattie625
    Alliance Trust Savings
    • 11th Oct 18, 6:21 PM
    Alliance Trust Savings 11th Oct 18 at 6:21 PM
    I had a stocks and shares ISA account with ATS from 2008 which I moved to another platform in November 2016.

Having not heard from ATS for almost 2 years, I today received an email from them in the following terms:-

"Dear (my name)

An important document is now available for you to view online.

To view or download the document, please login to your account at www.alliancetrustsavings.co.uk. The document centre is accessed by viewing the Personal Details tab and selecting 'Documents'.

Our online service also allows you to:

view or print current Statement & Valuations
    carry out real-time trades during market hours
    place conditional orders and orders for funds
    access research tools
    update your personal details and mailing preferences on the personal details tab.

Customer Services"

I am no longer able to access my online account.

I was never very impressed with ATS administration while a client.

Just wondered if any other former client of ATS has received an email in these terms today and knows what it is about.

Thanks
Page 1
    • pafpcg
    • By pafpcg 12th Oct 18, 12:50 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    pafpcg
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:50 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 12:50 PM
    My partner and I both had ISA & SIPP accounts with ATS, closing the last account in May 2016. Neither of us has (yet) had any recent email from them.

Curiously, two years later, we can both still login to our ATS online accounts, but cannot access the "Personal Details" tab (or anything else) because it fails with an error message of "No Linked Client".

Do you still have your ATS Client Reference Number? If so, I suggest you forward the email with your client number to contact@alliancetrust.co.uk and ask what's going on!
    • Hattie625
    • By Hattie625 12th Oct 18, 1:12 PM
    • 794 Posts
    • 679 Thanks
    Hattie625
    • 12th Oct 18, 1:12 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 1:12 PM
    Many thanks, pafpcg. I still have my ATS client reference number (looked out old paperwork last night) and have emailed contact@alliancetrust.co.uk, as suggested.
    • kidmugsy
    • By kidmugsy 12th Oct 18, 5:47 PM
    • 11,816 Posts
    • 8,317 Thanks
    kidmugsy
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:47 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 5:47 PM
    We closed an ATS account a few months ago. We can no longer log on. (Long, long ago when they did everything with paper forms, ATS were really very good. Hey ho.)
    Free the dunston one next time too.
    • jaybeetoo
    • By jaybeetoo 12th Oct 18, 6:24 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 327 Thanks
    jaybeetoo
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:24 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 6:24 PM
    I have found ATS to be very good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,996Posts Today

5,403Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm v moved by many of ur comments on #10Things tonight. Very thankful it was seen in the spirit it was meant. I'm? https://t.co/JaeoPqIczM

• RT @MartinSLewis: Many asking about the free finanacial education textbook for schools - it's out in a couple of weeks - here's info https:?

• RT @psychotherapyMM: @MartinSLewis ?there?s a sacrifice? Most valuable point tonight. Success (however that looks) does not come easy. Nobo?

• Follow Martin