Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SevenOfNine
    • By SevenOfNine 11th Oct 18, 4:40 PM
    • 1,420Posts
    • 1,435Thanks
    SevenOfNine
    Nationwide FlexPlus insurance
    • 11th Oct 18, 4:40 PM
    Nationwide FlexPlus insurance 11th Oct 18 at 4:40 PM
    Only really have this account to take advantage of worldwide travel insurance. Was great value at 10 pm, not so much at 13 but still cheaper than anywhere else (with husbands few medical things declared).

I read that now they will be charging additional 60 or so once age 70 is reached, lowered from 74. Oh well, at least husband just turned 70, before they bring that in.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
Page 1
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 13th Oct 18, 3:23 PM
    • 651 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    Rich2808
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:23 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 3:23 PM
    Sorry but the new charge applies to all over 70s from 3 January whether you hold an existing flex plus account or not. So your husband will have to pay the extra 60.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/important-information/changes-to-travel-insurance-age-upgrade
    • SevenOfNine
    • By SevenOfNine 13th Oct 18, 9:41 PM
    • 1,420 Posts
    • 1,435 Thanks
    SevenOfNine
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:41 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 9:41 PM
    Thanks Rich2008, burst my smug bubble! Surprised no word from N/W, only read a small article in the paper.

Appreciate link with accurate info. Still decent value for us & at least I had my car on a low loader to the garage free of charge when the clutch cable snapped.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,471Posts Today

7,353Users online

Martin's Twitter