Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OyzterShell
    • By OyzterShell 11th Oct 18, 12:08 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 7Thanks
    OyzterShell
    please stop using the wrong database for credit checking
    • 11th Oct 18, 12:08 PM
    please stop using the wrong database for credit checking 11th Oct 18 at 12:08 PM
    I have contacted MSE about this before and had conversation at length with Experian.

The problem remains: MSE is using the wrong database for credit checking.

I am now writing in public to let MSE know that I have written to my local councilor (who, BTW, knows that I am on the electoral register and what my address is) and that MSE really should have sorted themselves out by now.

Why?

Because MSE's use of an inappropriate address database for credit checking may drive people to seek credit from bad lenders which is, I hope most will agree, the antithesis of what MSE is about.

Please do your job, MSE, use the right address database for credit purposes.

BIG HINT: the Postcode Address File is *NOT* intended for credit checking purposes. Got it?

I am sad it has got to the point where my local politician has to get involved because otherwise I do support and largely agree with MSE.
Page 2
    • Rainbowgirl84
    • By Rainbowgirl84 13th Oct 18, 12:15 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 1,018 Thanks
    Rainbowgirl84
    I am getting sick of this. Experian corrected their DB to match me against the Electoral Role. Experian have said that MSE must correct the DB they use for referrals.

In private correspondence MSE say words along the lines of "we'll think about this".

Experian aren't to blame here. The council aren't to blame.

MSE have messed up.
    Originally posted by OyzterShell

Really ironic!
    • OyzterShell
    • By OyzterShell 13th Oct 18, 12:15 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    OyzterShell
    Just read your other thread, and I fear I have wasted my time as you were given the same advice 9 months ago, but are still persisting in the belief it is an issue with MSE. Anyway I wish your local councillor well in his attempt to get the wrong company to resolve the issue of another company.
    Originally posted by jimbo26
    I've been puzzling this for a while now. The credit ref agencies have actually been quite well behaved, it is MSE that is recalcitrant you defensive moron.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Oct 18, 1:50 PM
    • 15,873 Posts
    • 14,921 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Hi!

If you're unsure why a board guide's moved, merged or closed a contentious thread the Board Guide description in the forum rules should help explain.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,302Posts Today

7,208Users online

Martin's Twitter