Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Oct 18, 10:28 AM
    • 10,254Posts
    • 10,144Thanks
    The Deep
    Are too many cases going to court
    • 11th Oct 18, 10:28 AM
    Are too many cases going to court 11th Oct 18 at 10:28 AM
    Surely judges must be getting sick and tired of former clampers asking them to award silly money for damages caused by a punter entering an "0" instead of an "O", on an unfamiliar keyboard, or a ticket upending when a door is closed.

The CC judges whom I have come up against do not appear to be fools, so why do they tolerate this foolishness?

They have a simple remedy, dismiss the case as de minimis, award
    unreasonable behaviour costs and threaten repeat offenders with a vexatious litigant sanction. If I want to take a tenant or tradesman to court, I should not have to wait months because the court is clooged with "own space" claims.

Also, should not the SRA take action against inflated claims by the usual suspects. I am advising posters who are being asked for more than is allowed to complain to the SRA.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Page 2
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Oct 18, 3:47 PM
    • 10,254 Posts
    • 10,144 Thanks
    The Deep
    Thanks, I did not know that. I do not frequent boards favoured by riff raff
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Oct 18, 4:20 PM
    • 3,664 Posts
    • 5,999 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Thanks, I did not know that. I do not frequent boards favoured by riff raff
    Seems like a reworking of this Marx Brothers one.

I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Oct 18, 4:27 PM
    • 4,473 Posts
    • 5,864 Thanks
    waamo
    Which in turn gives the Groucho club its name. I am not a member just for the record.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 18, 4:52 PM
    • 8,880 Posts
    • 11,743 Thanks
    beamerguy
    The detail of the Bill is given here: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2017-2019/0017/18017.pdf

It has gone through the Committee Stage without amendment, and is now due for its final stages on 23 November.

But this Bill is only the mechanism by which the Government can introduce a statutory Code of Practice.

The details of the actual CoP are being worked on by a separate committee. and will be published after the Bill becomes an Act.
    Originally posted by bargepole
    Interesting reading.

I note they refer to ATA's ... does this mean that the
    great Gladstones/IPC/IAS scam will continue

A separate committee are working on the CoP ?
    Who are these people ? .... is it the BPA ? god help us
    if it is as their POFA2012 is a complete disaster
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 12th Oct 18, 4:59 PM
    • 2,434 Posts
    • 6,974 Thanks
    bargepole
    A separate committee are working on the CoP ?
    Who are these people ? .... is it the BPA ? god help us
    if it is as their POFA2012 is a complete disaster
    Originally posted by beamerguy
    The committee comprises representation from the parking industry, and from organisations representing motorists, so that will be the RAC Foundation and the AA.

The committee is chaired by Steve Gooding, Director of the RAC Foundation, and now everyone in Government knows to take everything the BPA says with a pinch of salt, after the last fiasco.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 34, lost 10), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and am a Graduate member of CILEx, studying towards a Fellowship (equivalent to solicitor) in Civil Litigation. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 18, 5:03 PM
    • 8,880 Posts
    • 11,743 Thanks
    beamerguy
    The committee comprises representation from the parking industry, and from organisations representing motorists, so that will be the RAC Foundation and the AA.

The committee is chaired by Steve Gooding, Director of the RAC Foundation, and now everyone in Government knows to take everything the BPA says with a pinch of salt, after the last fiasco.
    Originally posted by bargepole
    Thanks BP, this will help put peoples mind at rest

We cannot wait
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Oct 18, 5:16 PM
    • 3,664 Posts
    • 5,999 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Thanks BP, this will help put peoples mind at rest
    Was this the same RAC that supplied the bod to construct the first few BPA Codes of Practice. And who sat on the BPA Council?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 12th Oct 18, 5:28 PM
    • 19,845 Posts
    • 31,342 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Was this the same RAC that supplied the bod to construct the first few BPA Codes of Practice. And who sat on the BPA Council?
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    RAC Foundation - Ms Jo Abbott.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmpublic/protection/memo/pf21.pdf
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 12th Oct 18, 5:56 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    I like the idea (mentioned on Pepipoo I think some years ago) of charging PPCs a special Parking Charge Tax: 100% tax on anything above a GPEOL. That'd dampen their enthusiasm for court proceedings... without creating carmageddon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

1,690Users online

Martin's Twitter