Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 9th Oct 18, 9:41 PM
    • 2,233Posts
    • 61,848Thanks
    hdh74
    get paid 20 an hour to comp...
    • 9th Oct 18, 9:41 PM
    get paid 20 an hour to comp... 9th Oct 18 at 9:41 PM
    https://www.moneymagpie.com/make-money/become-a-professional-competition-enterer

Okay.....
Page 1
    • Monkey Chinchilla
    • By Monkey Chinchilla 9th Oct 18, 9:52 PM
    • 19,442 Posts
    • 971,827 Thanks
    Monkey Chinchilla
    • 9th Oct 18, 9:52 PM
    • 9th Oct 18, 9:52 PM
    Love comping, hate trolls.
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 9th Oct 18, 10:32 PM
    • 5,237 Posts
    • 27,543 Thanks
    Misslayed
    • 9th Oct 18, 10:32 PM
    • 9th Oct 18, 10:32 PM
    Good grief! 20/hour? I've been wasting SOOOOO much time when I could have been earning
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • mansey
    • By mansey 9th Oct 18, 11:16 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 14,955 Thanks
    mansey
    • 9th Oct 18, 11:16 PM
    • 9th Oct 18, 11:16 PM
    Is "enterer" a word?

According to Google it is

It just doesn't sound right
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

"You are awful - but I do like you! - Mandy
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 10th Oct 18, 1:32 AM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 61,848 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 10th Oct 18, 1:32 AM
    • 10th Oct 18, 1:32 AM
    Is "enterer" a word?

Originally posted by mansey
    it sounds naughty to me...
    • The 3rd Zebu
    • By The 3rd Zebu 10th Oct 18, 9:46 AM
    • 686 Posts
    • 16,565 Thanks
    The 3rd Zebu
    • 10th Oct 18, 9:46 AM
    • 10th Oct 18, 9:46 AM
    Pros must find at least five competitions an hour and, if possible, enter them.
    That bit will be easy for them. They'll just scroll through all the comps posted here
    • cagsd
    • By cagsd 10th Oct 18, 11:09 AM
    • 6,230 Posts
    • 165,945 Thanks
    cagsd
    • 10th Oct 18, 11:09 AM
    • 10th Oct 18, 11:09 AM
    "The service launches thanks to increased demand for professional ‘compers’, as it’s revealed many can quit their jobs thanks to competition success."

Yeah, many people on here don't need to work any more due to their success I retired years ago on my massive winnings of cheese, fishslices, books and the odd 20p on Quidco.

• Boo131
    • By Boo131 10th Oct 18, 12:10 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 1,801 Thanks
    Boo131
    • 10th Oct 18, 12:10 PM
    • 10th Oct 18, 12:10 PM
    Such a nonsense article, I wonder how much they get paid for writing such dribble!
    2017 WINS:
    AUGUST - HIPPEAS CRISPS | SENSSE FACIAL CLEANSING BRUSH SEPTEMBER - 1000

GO VEGAN

• hdh74
    • By hdh74 10th Oct 18, 2:08 PM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 61,848 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 10th Oct 18, 2:08 PM
    • 10th Oct 18, 2:08 PM
    Here's the actual site to apply lol

https://www.bark.com/en/gb/services/competition-enterers/

Need someone to enter competitions for you? We have professional competition enterers ready to help you!
    Do you ever wish you could win fantastic prizes, but just don’t have the time to enter competitions? We’ve just launched a new service, so you can enter all of these competitions and increase your chances of winning, without doing the legwork yourself.

The service will be available nationwide.

If you’d like to book a professional competition enterer, you’ll have to answer a few questions, such as what prizes you’d like to win, if you have a specific email for competitions etc.

Pro competition enterers can apply here.
    • Nictastic
    • By Nictastic 10th Oct 18, 2:19 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Nictastic
    Get Paid to be a Professional Comper
    https://www.moneymagpie.com/make-money/become-a-professional-competition-enterer

I've just come across this article on Money Magpie. I just wanted people's thoughts on it. It sounds too good to be true.
    2017 Wins: 12, Euromillions Ticket, Sudocream Goodie Bag, Box of Walkers Crisps, 15 Love to Shop Voucher, 1000, 100 Amazon Voucher & Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 10th Oct 18, 2:36 PM
    • 39,114 Posts
    • 290,523 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Already posted here

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5907133
    Internet goodness 25660
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 10th Oct 18, 2:52 PM
    • 39,114 Posts
    • 290,523 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Just a piece to get the site some free publicity -

How many competitions would you like to be entered for 1 to 5, 6 to 10 etc up to 20+. Tick what you want to be entered for Cash, Holidays etc.

"Professional" compers will then be in touch to quote for the work - the site makes money from them "Our pros pay to reply to Barks"

If you wanted to pay then the "pay to enter sites" offer far more entries for the money and if you wanted it done professionally then the way to go is a site that uses really cheap labour but you give them remote access on an old machine so your entries really appear to come from you.

(I assume "moneymagpie" were paid in someway to run the article)
    Last edited by mjm3346; 10-10-2018 at 2:56 PM.
    Internet goodness 25660
    • mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 10th Oct 18, 8:38 PM
    • 889 Posts
    • 12,988 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    "The service launches thanks to increased demand for professional compers, as its revealed many can quit their jobs thanks to competition success."

Yeah, many people on here don't need to work any more due to their success I retired years ago on my massive winnings of cheese, fishslices, books and the odd 20p on Quidco.
    Originally posted by cagsd
    Susshh I'd keep quiet about that Fishslice..Some would give their right arm for one.
    Compers challenge 27/70
    1805/2018
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 10th Oct 18, 8:51 PM
    • 2,233 Posts
    • 61,848 Thanks
    hdh74
    Susshh I'd keep quiet about that Fishslice..Some would give their right arm for one.
    Originally posted by mummy2threeboys
    I have a fishslice, clearly I'm a pro.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 13th Oct 18, 9:36 AM
    • 39,114 Posts
    • 290,523 Thanks
    mjm3346
    4th day and so far no "professional" has bid for the work offered
    Internet goodness 25660
    • Rachael1015
    • By Rachael1015 13th Oct 18, 9:55 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    Rachael1015
    Omg I have a fish slice why the heck am I not being paid 20 ph !?!

I got this email also and read two lines and shut that down ... ����!♀️��
    • The 3rd Zebu
    • By The 3rd Zebu 13th Oct 18, 6:41 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 16,565 Thanks
    The 3rd Zebu
    What some of those people who are commenting on the Magpie site don't realise is the "enterer" will be entering other people into competitions by a script or automated means.

They will therefore be able to make THOUSANDS of entries per hour in the competitions they have earmarked for the task.

So yes I suppose it is possible to earn 20 per hour from doing that because the organiser behind it, Bark, will be collecting fees from all their clients paying for that service and so can easily afford to pay that to the "enterer". The actual clients may hardly win anything at all but even if they win just a fish slice then Bark will be justified in retaining their clients' fees.

Of course it is all highly unethical. Many competitions specify 'No Third Party or Automated' entries. In some ways I am glad more of them now ask you to fill in Capchas because that does help to make it difficult for the 'third party entry' merchants.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 13th Oct 18, 8:02 PM
    • 39,114 Posts
    • 290,523 Thanks
    mjm3346
    What some of those people who are commenting on the Magpie site don't realise is the "enterer" will be entering other people into competitions by a script or automated means.

They will therefore be able to make THOUSANDS of entries per hour in the competitions they have earmarked for the task.

So yes I suppose it is possible to earn 20 per hour from doing that because the organiser behind it, Bark, will be collecting fees from all their clients paying for that service and so can easily afford to pay that to the "enterer". The actual clients may hardly win anything at all but even if they win just a fish slice then Bark will be justified in retaining their clients' fees.

Of course it is all highly unethical. Many competitions specify 'No Third Party or Automated' entries. In some ways I am glad more of them now ask you to fill in Capchas because that does help to make it difficult for the 'third party entry' merchants.
    Originally posted by The 3rd Zebu
    Bark take a fee from the "enterer" for letting them quote the "client" to do the work - the deal is between the client and "enterer" - several days in and no one has quoted me to do any work yet so either they are swamped with people who want it done or don't have many/any professional compers.

We received your request and were about to start contacting pros on your behalf. You should start getting responses soon, so keep an eye on your inbox for our next email.

Our pros pay to reply to Barks, so please do let each of them know if theyre right for the job.
    Internet goodness 25660
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 14th Oct 18, 10:20 AM
    • 39,983 Posts
    • 147,559 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Is "enterer" a word?

Originally posted by mansey
    I have never seen 'enterer' before.

Surely the correct word is 'entrant'?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • The 3rd Zebu
    • By The 3rd Zebu 14th Oct 18, 12:01 PM
    • 686 Posts
    • 16,565 Thanks
    The 3rd Zebu

Surely the correct word is 'entrant'?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    .... But they will be entering in other people's names so the word 'entrant' would not really be correct would it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,493Posts Today

7,212Users online

Martin's Twitter