Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Livinlovinlaughin
    • By Livinlovinlaughin 8th Oct 18, 2:32 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Livinlovinlaughin
    Working at waitrose
    • 8th Oct 18, 2:32 PM
    Working at waitrose 8th Oct 18 at 2:32 PM
    Hello
    Any Waitrose employees or former employees that can help me out?

Just got employed as temp night shelf filler,
    The uniform is black trousers, black shoes and white shirt
    Are the strict with the uniform policy, can you wear all black trainers?
    Do the trousers have to be smart trousers?

Any advice about job,what expected in job ... survival tips very welcome too
    Thanks
Page 2
    • Livinlovinlaughin
    • By Livinlovinlaughin 13th Oct 18, 3:18 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Livinlovinlaughin
    I didn’t spend any money and I am glad I didn’t,
    First night, I wore a white shirt, smart black jeans and found an old pair of black shoes that I put new insoles in.... everything that I already had at home.
    Glad I didn’t, 2nd night I wore my trainers and an old black sweatshirt, white shirt was ruined.

I work when the store is shut, so no customers, was definitely a lot more comfortable with trainers, jeans and baggy old sweatshirt

Also relieved coss nice place and nice people,
    I was expecting the worse, with people and with the work, because I have some real shitty experiences in the last few jobs i have had
    But I was pleasently surprised
    They are looking permanent part time staff, would be ideal for me, but need to see if body and mind able to handle it first.
    Thanks for all help and advice
    Last edited by Livinlovinlaughin; 13-10-2018 at 3:27 PM.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 13th Oct 18, 4:46 PM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 3,174 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I worked at Sainsbury’s as a online shopper but that was night shift. Was a really good job, did it for 2 month but couldn’t go to the last shift after New Years but I think they do take folk on as they see what your all like for a couple of months. It’s tiring but I really enjoyed it
    roll on end of April 2019 *20 done* = *20 to go*
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,827Posts Today

6,377Users online

Martin's Twitter