Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 7th Oct 18, 10:26 PM
    • 3,472Posts
    • 551Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Going from iOS 10 to iOS 12 (iPhone 6S)?
    • 7th Oct 18, 10:26 PM
    Going from iOS 10 to iOS 12 (iPhone 6S)? 7th Oct 18 at 10:26 PM
    I've heard that iOS 12 "can" improve battery life for older phones which got my initial attention.

I'm not a big fan of the look of iOS 11 to be honest and i know iOS 12 is obviously more like iOS11 than it is iOS10 so i'd lose out that way.

I'm just wondering if overall it's worth taking the 'upgrade' from iOS 10 and if so what are your reasonings? I'm currently on 10.3.1.

I was going to wait on 12.1 coming out (or 12.0.1 or however they're going to call the next version) before i asked this question but they're taking longer than i thought so i'm asking now.

Page 1
    • datostar
    • By datostar 8th Oct 18, 12:04 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    datostar
    • 8th Oct 18, 12:04 PM
    • 8th Oct 18, 12:04 PM
    I've got an iPhone 6+ now running IOS12. It's altogether faster and smoother than it was with IOS11 and I haven't noticed any difference with battery performance. I'd say it was altogether better.
    • d0nkeyk0ng
    • By d0nkeyk0ng 8th Oct 18, 12:52 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    d0nkeyk0ng
    • 8th Oct 18, 12:52 PM
    • 8th Oct 18, 12:52 PM
    I went from IOS 10 to 12 for my 6S. I think battery life got worse - I was having to charge 2-3 times a day. I did a battery health check and it said it needed replacing. Apple store replaced it for 25. Worth doing.
    • Roland Sausage
    • By Roland Sausage 8th Oct 18, 11:32 PM
    • 567 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    Roland Sausage
    • 8th Oct 18, 11:32 PM
    • 8th Oct 18, 11:32 PM
    I was going to wait on 12.1 coming out (or 12.0.1 or however they're going to call the next version) before i asked this question but they're taking longer than i thought so i'm asking now.
    Originally posted by JustAnotherSaver
    12.0.1 is available now
    • Undervalued
    • By Undervalued 9th Oct 18, 11:08 AM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 3,341 Thanks
    Undervalued
    • 9th Oct 18, 11:08 AM
    • 9th Oct 18, 11:08 AM
    I went from IOS 10 to 12 for my 6S. I think battery life got worse - I was having to charge 2-3 times a day. I did a battery health check and it said it needed replacing. Apple store replaced it for 25. Worth doing.
    Originally posted by d0nkeyk0ng
    I went from iOS 10 straight to 12 on my 5s, having avoided 11 because of all of the reports about how slow it was. I have been impressed by 12, particularly considering it is on the oldest device it supports.

I am not a heavy user by any means and my battery is still the original and well past its best. I had many background features turned off when running iOS 10 in order to conserve the battery. Upgrading to 12 seemed to turn some of these on again. However once I changes these settings back the battery life seems as good (or bad!) as before.

To be honest, given how well it runs iOS 12 I may well treat it to a new battery!
    • Morbier
    • By Morbier 13th Oct 18, 8:32 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    Morbier
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:32 PM
    • 13th Oct 18, 8:32 PM
    I've got an iPhone 6S and haven't had any problems - not with iOS 11 nor with iOS 12. I'm not a heavy user and have background features turned off. My battery's the original and seems OK.
    I can't imagine a life without cheese (Nigel Slater)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

41Posts Today

4,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin