Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FIRSTTIMER
    • By FIRSTTIMER 6th Oct 18, 4:21 PM
    • 414Posts
    • 63Thanks
    FIRSTTIMER
    Advice on HSBC/FIRST DIRECT or METRO
    • 6th Oct 18, 4:21 PM
    Advice on HSBC/FIRST DIRECT or METRO 6th Oct 18 at 4:21 PM
    Hi,

I am due to remortgage (80% LTV) 144k against value of 180k.

Thoughts on Two Year fixed vs Five Year Fixed.

I am contemplating not moving and not selling the property and maybe renting out say in 3-5 years. Thoughts on all three lenders please. They seem to be at the top of the tables when searching.

The rates flit between 1.99% Two Year to 2.1/2.2 Five Year. I am thinking 5 year fix is way to go as in two years time the two year fixed avail then will be around 2.4/5%. Even though LTV will drop to 70/75%?

Advice Much Appreciated
Page 1
    • FIRSTTIMER
    • By FIRSTTIMER 12th Oct 18, 8:01 PM
    • 414 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    FIRSTTIMER
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:01 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:01 PM
    bump bump bump
    • mouthscradle
    • By mouthscradle 12th Oct 18, 8:07 PM
    • 995 Posts
    • 1,137 Thanks
    mouthscradle
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:07 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:07 PM
    Can't help with the 2 vs 5 year argument, as we've just been through the same deliberation.

But we've been with First Direct for a couple of years now and are in the process of porting and taking out additional borrowing. Can't fault them at all. I've banked with them for 8 years and wouldn't leave. Always extremely friendly and helpful, and always a UK based person who answers the phone.
    Mother, wife, scientist, analyst.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

62Posts Today

3,814Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin