Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 5th Oct 18, 9:39 PM
    • 7,164Posts
    • 31,263Thanks
    charlies_mum
    Royal Mail 2nd class
    • 5th Oct 18, 9:39 PM
    Royal Mail 2nd class 5th Oct 18 at 9:39 PM
    Most of my post goes by Royal Mail 2nd class as Letters or Large Letters but recently I am getting Item Not Received claims or late delivery defects as they are not arriving within the EBay forecast

Some items seem to be taking 8 days to arrive. Is anyone else noticing this ?
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
Page 2
    • custardy
    • By custardy 11th Oct 18, 6:15 PM
    • 34,104 Posts
    • 28,991 Thanks
    custardy
    No I am not, but only saying what the people in my post office told me.
    Originally posted by Archergirl
    Because they want you to post direct with them. Understandable.
    However,given the commercial agreements between POC & RM,I don't see it being done for free.
    Especially given RMs drive to get parcels posted via delivery offices.
    • shapala
    • By shapala 12th Oct 18, 2:27 PM
    • 386 Posts
    • 14,548 Thanks
    shapala
    The people in my post office get fed up with people doing online postage and then taking it into the post office for proof of posting forms, I always get stamps so I don't feel guilty getting proof of posting but it must be frustrating for them doing the work for no gain to the post office. The speed of delivery does vary sometimes and with the C word coming it gets worse........
    Originally posted by Archergirl
    Shame and says something about people. I use RM everyday -normally 3 or 4 parcels, from 2nd class, 1 st, 1st class recorded and SD.

My postmaster is an absolute gent - professional yet friendly. He knows I'm only there for him to stamp the PofP forms. Personally, I think RM are fantastic as have had very few issues spanning 5 years for my eBay business (I only post to UK if that matters).
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Oct 18, 2:41 PM
    • 34,104 Posts
    • 28,991 Thanks
    custardy
    Shame and says something about people. I use RM everyday -normally 3 or 4 parcels, from 2nd class, 1 st, 1st class recorded and SD.

My postmaster is an absolute gent - professional yet friendly. He knows I'm only there for him to stamp the PofP forms. Personally, I think RM are fantastic as have had very few issues spanning 5 years for my eBay business (I only post to UK if that matters).
    Originally posted by shapala
    You seem confused.

Royal mail and Post Office are two different companies.
    So who are you praising?
    • RFW
    • By RFW 12th Oct 18, 11:03 PM
    • 8,764 Posts
    • 5,093 Thanks
    RFW
    Personally, I think RM are fantastic as have had very few issues spanning 5 years for my eBay business (I only post to UK if that matters).
    Originally posted by shapala
    Royal Mail only deliver in the UK so it probably helps
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 13th Oct 18, 10:36 AM
    • 1,128 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    WLM21
    When I first started selling on Ebay I ALWAYS sold using the 'Royal Mail Signed For' service. I think I was scared my item would get lost.

The possibility of somebody saying they never received an item and claiming a refund is prevented too with this option.

As a buyer, you can see the postal price before bidding / buying so there shouldn't be a problem with unreasonable postal charges.

I don't do this now unless the item is over 20 in value. If I know in advance the value will be high, I add the extra shipping cost to the listing, but if I don't know in advance (perhaps a lucky find) I just pay myself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,557Posts Today

9,748Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @sparkly42: @MartinSLewis I seriously want to hug you!! My 21yr old might not listen to me but he seems to be listening to you!! As for?

• Oh no they so didn't just play "mature tessa" I thought that was dead and buried! #10Things

• I WAS SO YOUNG! #10Things

• Follow Martin