Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alykatz
    • By alykatz 4th Oct 18, 11:45 AM
    • 862Posts
    • 701Thanks
    alykatz
    Hermes print instore offer
    • 4th Oct 18, 11:45 AM
    Hermes print instore offer 4th Oct 18 at 11:45 AM
    not sure if this is account specific or for everyone , but thought it might be of use to some .

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/6893/
Page 1
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 4th Oct 18, 11:47 AM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 2,017 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 4th Oct 18, 11:47 AM
    • 4th Oct 18, 11:47 AM
    It is account specific, I have one on my private account. But what they haven't made clear is how do you actually get the offer in store. I use the in store machine a lot and you don't log into it or any such like so I'm not sure how it *picks up* the fact you have a 1 shipping offer.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • alykatz
    • By alykatz 4th Oct 18, 12:14 PM
    • 862 Posts
    • 701 Thanks
    alykatz
    • 4th Oct 18, 12:14 PM
    • 4th Oct 18, 12:14 PM
    It is account specific, I have one on my private account. But what they haven't made clear is how do you actually get the offer in store. I use the in store machine a lot and you don't log into it or any such like so I'm not sure how it *picks up* the fact you have a 1 shipping offer.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    They added a video to show how to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aTG2NuqeJ8&feature=youtu.be
    • ravenjet
    • By ravenjet 6th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 294 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    ravenjet
    • 6th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    • 6th Oct 18, 9:43 AM
    Not sure this is working. Under my promotional offers I have Used/Left:0 / 0 ebay.co.uk So even though I have accepted offer it has not given anything to me.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 6th Oct 18, 10:03 AM
    • 61,176 Posts
    • 43,729 Thanks
    soolin
    • 6th Oct 18, 10:03 AM
    • 6th Oct 18, 10:03 AM
    Not sure this is working. Under my promotional offers I have Used/Left:0 / 0 ebay.co.uk So even though I have accepted offer it has not given anything to me.
    Originally posted by ravenjet
    Mine does show under offers. I have the 20 free a month, the 20 free scheduled listings a month, the 100 a day plus the 1 shipping offer.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 6th Oct 18, 11:10 AM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 2,017 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 6th Oct 18, 11:10 AM
    • 6th Oct 18, 11:10 AM
    I would use this on my private account, however it would involve changing the postage method on everything and not much sells on that account - in the hopes they sold before 30th October, and then after that remember to change them all back again. I know we're on a money saving forum, but you do have to weigh up the hassle. Obviously they hope you stick with their service after the promotion ends.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 6th Oct 18, 12:19 PM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 2,017 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 6th Oct 18, 12:19 PM
    • 6th Oct 18, 12:19 PM
    Oh, just noticed, this is just a trial price for one item only? :O
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 13th Oct 18, 10:47 AM
    • 1,139 Posts
    • 351 Thanks
    WLM21
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:47 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 10:47 AM
    A few years ago a friend of mine had a shop which was also a MyHermes drop-off point.

I asked him why he doesn't get a printer and offer to print off labels for some of his customers.

I was amazed to see usually older folk dropping off parcels at the PO and paying vastly more money that they would have done with MyH. They probably either didn't know about MyH or didn't have the know-how. The PO was only about 100 yards from his shop

He was getting about 40p per parcel for drop-offs but decided it was too much faff.

If it had been me running the shop, this would have been one of the first things I would have done if I was a MyH agent.
    • kangoora
    • By kangoora 14th Oct 18, 9:27 AM
    • 596 Posts
    • 413 Thanks
    kangoora
    • 14th Oct 18, 9:27 AM
    • 14th Oct 18, 9:27 AM
    My local MyHermes drop-off point is literally next door to the post office.

Using print in store I can send 2 to 5kg parcels for 2.95, even though I don't post very much in that weight range it's saving me lots of money on the occasions I use it.

Royal Mail are around 13.75 for the same weight parcel (over 10 cheaper!) and using Shutl via Ebay typically would be a circa 6 charge (so half price).

Downsides seem to be 1) no way to get 'signed for' on the parcel so although it is tracked you don't have physical POD from the buyer so I pay for a more expensive 'signed for' route if it is an expensive item. 2) Insurance is only 20 (or 25) so again, for a more expensive item it's weighing up the risk between paying cheaper postage but under-insuring.

Usually I send anything small parcel over 20 'signed for' but I've started to relax this on heavier parcels to up to 30 - 35 simply due to the saving on the postage. It may bite me on the backside at some point but, cross fingers, I'm quids-in at this time.

If I'm sending under-insured / 35 item medium parcel via print in store I do look at buyer feedback and typically won't take the risk on a low feedback buyer but someone who has 300+ buyer feedback over 5+ years tends to give me a bit of confidence they won't try to scam me - not a 100% method I know!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 14th Oct 18, 2:50 PM
    • 13,025 Posts
    • 8,824 Thanks
    theonlywayisup

Downsides seem to be 1) no way to get 'signed for' on the parcel so although it is tracked you don't have physical POD from the buyer so I pay for a more expensive 'signed for' route if it is an expensive item. 2) Insurance is only 20 (or 25) so again, for a more expensive item it's weighing up the risk between paying cheaper postage but under-insuring.

Usually I send anything small parcel over 20 'signed for' but I've started to relax this on heavier parcels to up to 30 - 35 simply due to the saving on the postage. It may bite me on the backside at some point but, cross fingers, I'm quids-in at this time.

If I'm sending under-insured / 35 item medium parcel via print in store I do look at buyer feedback and typically won't take the risk on a low feedback buyer but someone who has 300+ buyer feedback over 5+ years tends to give me a bit of confidence they won't try to scam me - not a 100% method I know!
    Originally posted by kangoora
    You don't need a signature for anything under 750. You do need a POD to win a case. Insurance is a separate thing and that's something that only you can decide to enhance or not.

Hermes print in store is great at that rate as it offers everything you need for items under the compensation level. Click and Drop by RM offer a free POD but you have to comply with small parcel sizes and compensation rates to make it work. Shutl do offer decent rates with UPS and DPD with enhanced compensation. It's a case of shopping around for the type of item you are sending versus the risk of insurance. Paying extra purely for a signature should really never come into it if you are selling under 750 as it does nothing for eBay or Paypal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

186Posts Today

2,230Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin