Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tg1
    • By Tg1 3rd Oct 18, 11:43 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Tg1
    Bw legal
    • 3rd Oct 18, 11:43 PM
    Bw legal 3rd Oct 18 at 11:43 PM
    Evening

My wife has received a notice of county court claim issued from BW Legal. (Hopefully Iíve managed to attach the letter in the link below)
    Iíve read similar posts and looked on the newbie thread but im still not sure what stage this is all at.
    The letter says if there is no reply they Ďmay enterí a ccj on or after the 3rd October.
    This was dumped on my lap at the weekend so have i missed the boat date wise?

Any advice would be great 👍🏻
    Last edited by Tg1; 04-10-2018 at 1:10 AM. Reason: change of photo upload info
Page 3
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Oct 18, 5:21 AM
    • 3,656 Posts
    • 5,978 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Do you have any earlier information such as a ticket or Notice to Keeper or LBCC that gives a hint about the issue?

And how can you in all honestly talk about vague particulars when you claim to have had no particulars at all. It is stretching the word "vague" to its limits.

Is there any reason why you have to use a template?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • Tg1
    • By Tg1 13th Oct 18, 7:40 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Tg1
    I am using the template as a guide as although reading the threads recommended by CM I still donít really know where to start.

I have the LBCC which only provides me with the money they are trying to extort

I know the location as I have searched it but have no date.

This is all I have and have yet to receive a claim form although when my wife spoke to CCBC they told her one had been sent to the address they have for her which is the current one.

Hoping this template can be a starting point and with some advice can get it sent so Iím not rushing to get it in on Tuesday before 4pm.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Oct 18, 1:33 PM
    • 3,656 Posts
    • 5,978 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Where did the Notice to Keeper go as that would have details and pics on it?
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • Tg1
    • By Tg1 13th Oct 18, 5:37 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Tg1
    I will be honest I would of thought that got thrown in the bin when we read that it should be ignored. Wish we had kept it all but itís abit late for regrets.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Oct 18, 7:22 PM
    • 8,806 Posts
    • 11,682 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I will be honest I would of thought that got thrown in the bin when we read that it should be ignored. Wish we had kept it all but itís abit late for regrets.
    Originally posted by Tg1
    But it seems you have NOT sent a SAR to CCBC
    as C-M told you to do earlier. PLEASE DO IT
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Tg1
    • By Tg1 13th Oct 18, 10:46 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Tg1
    SAR was sent to the CCBC on that same day I sent SARís to bw legal and PPS. I should of posted on here that it had been done
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Oct 18, 4:12 PM
    • 19,598 Posts
    • 24,901 Thanks
    Redx
    more examples of recent missing claim forms

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5908777
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Tg1
    • By Tg1 14th Oct 18, 8:30 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Tg1
    Thanks for the heads up Redx, seems very similar,more than likely in the same batch. I read a reply saying they were in the same boat and have paid BW Legal as they felt they had no other choice which makes me think I will just have to do the same.
    • Tg1
    • By Tg1 14th Oct 18, 10:50 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Tg1
    Having read the process through to my wife and court action seems imminent she has decided she canít deal with the whole going to court process so is more than likely going to pay (I wish someone hadnít told her to ignore it when issued as would of been a lot cheaper) also I wish I had come across this forum sooner.
    Thanks to everyone that have posted advice and helped. Good luck to all those who are in the similar situation hopefully you beat the scammers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,524Posts Today

9,919Users online

Martin's Twitter