Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clementine56
    • By Clementine56 3rd Oct 18, 9:14 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Clementine56
    Marcus Easy Access Savings Account
    • 3rd Oct 18, 9:14 AM
    Marcus Easy Access Savings Account 3rd Oct 18 at 9:14 AM
    Anyone else having trouble logging in?

I opened an account this morning and everything seemed to go through perfectly. I've just tried to log in to see whether my money has been transferred from my bank account into the new Marcus account ok, and it won't let me in. The 0800 number isn't working either

I hope this is just teething troubles.
Page 3
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 8th Nov 18, 1:16 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    RG2015
    It does seem unusual that you only need an email adrress and password to sign on, but since the money HAS to move through your linked account, maybe this is all that is needed. So far, so good.
    Originally posted by Spelunthus
    They install a cookie/token on your pc/tablet to identify you when you login. If you try to login from a different device you will need a new security code which they will send to you by email or sms.
    • davidm_uk
    • By davidm_uk 10th Nov 18, 11:38 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    davidm_uk
    Does anyone have any experience of getting money transferred back out to their nominated account? Are they in the Faster Payment arrangement? I'm thinking of using them to replace my "savings account!" at the bank I have my current account with, where transfers are pretty much instant.
    • Keltosh
    • By Keltosh 10th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Keltosh
    Does anyone have any experience of getting money transferred back out to their nominated account? Are they in the Faster Payment arrangement? I'm thinking of using them to replace my "savings account!" at the bank I have my current account with, where transfers are pretty much instant.
    Originally posted by davidm_uk
    Yes they use the faster payment arrangement. I used it yesterday & transfer to my nominated account was within an hour.
    • darren72
    • By darren72 10th Nov 18, 11:45 AM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 289 Thanks
    darren72
    Yes, money is transferred out within just a few minutes from my experience.
    • Moneytracks
    • By Moneytracks 15th Nov 18, 9:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Moneytracks
    Just to to let everyone Know, opened an account on 14/11/2018 tried to put money into account, had message today 15/11/2018 that money will be returned within 24 hrs! ( thus they have had my money for at least a day. They say that I need to provide a Bank statement to verify my account ( even though my account id First Direct and all details are correct. I phoned this morning found them to be very unhelpful, they even lied ..as they said that this delay would not detrimental to my savings! PLEASE NOTE VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE....
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th Nov 18, 9:59 AM
    • 8,427 Posts
    • 9,537 Thanks
    eskbanker
    they have had my money for at least a day
    Originally posted by Moneytracks
    It's still before 10am on the day after you opened the account, you make it sound as if they're profiteering at your expense!
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 15th Nov 18, 11:04 AM
    • 134 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    It does seem unusual that you only need an email adrress and password to sign on, but since the money HAS to move through your linked account, maybe this is all that is needed. So far, so good.
    Originally posted by Spelunthus
    Agreed. Although I cant see any way to change the linked account when logged in , so seems pretty safe, but not really best practice to rely on single factor authentication for a bank account.

Yes they use the faster payment arrangement. I used it yesterday & transfer to my nominated account was within an hour.
    Originally posted by Keltosh
    My took a bit longer but was same day
    • mersey
    • By mersey 15th Nov 18, 5:07 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 1,003 Thanks
    mersey
    I also had to provide a bank statement,when money bounced back,but it was all sorted out quickly,and received a very polite phone call telling me it was up and running.(I think having a joint current account confused everything.)
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 15th Nov 18, 5:56 PM
    • 1,839 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    eschaton
    When have people been receiving their interest compared to account opening date?

I opened my account on 15/10 and expected interest today but nothing so far.
    • Biggus Dickus
    • By Biggus Dickus 15th Nov 18, 6:30 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Biggus Dickus
    When have people been receiving their interest compared to account opening date?

Originally posted by eschaton
    My wife and I both opened accounts on 5.10.18.;..first interest was applied on 4.11.18 to both accounts.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 15th Nov 18, 6:38 PM
    • 1,839 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    eschaton
    My wife and I both opened accounts on 5.10.18.;..first interest was applied on 4.11.18 to both accounts.
    Originally posted by Biggus Dickus
    Interesting, might contact them tomorrow if I still haven’t received anything.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 15th Nov 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    RG2015

Originally posted by eschaton
    Some people have reported their interest being credited a few minutes before midnight on the due date which is the same date on which the account was opened.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 15th Nov 18, 7:37 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    RG2015
    Originally posted by Biggus Dickus
    The 4th November was a Sunday. I thought they said if the due date was at a weekend that the interest would be credited on the next working day.
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 16th Nov 18, 9:34 AM
    • 1,839 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    eschaton
    Some people have reported their interest being credited a few minutes before midnight on the due date which is the same date on which the account was opened.
    Originally posted by RG2015
    Sounds about right. Nothing late last night but it was there this morning dated as 15th.
    • Biggus Dickus
    • By Biggus Dickus 16th Nov 18, 11:06 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Biggus Dickus
    The 4th November was a Sunday. I thought they said if the due date was at a weekend that the interest would be credited on the next working day.
    Originally posted by RG2015
    The last entry in the Account activity says ‘interest applied’ on 4.11.18 ;...however, as per normal, I guess (had we required it) the interest would only have been available for transfer to our nominated accounts on the next working day i.e. Monday.

However, I assume (perhaps wrongly!) that the interest itself will still accrue ‘interest’ from whichever day it is credited back into the account,... be that a working day, or a non-working day.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 16th Nov 18, 11:25 AM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    RG2015
    Thank you Biggus Dickus,

I stand corrected. My first month's interest was not showing when I looked on Sunday 28th October. But now however, it shows as Interest applied dated 27/10/18.

I also checked my interest and it was calculated as 31 days from 27th September to 27th October.
    • OceanSound
    • By OceanSound 16th Nov 18, 2:12 PM
    • 480 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    OceanSound
    No. Far worse. Some would say aggressive in nature, i.e. American Capitalism at it's worst.
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    'Goldman Sachs ...On behalf of the american middle class....[middle finger]'.
    ----scene from the film 'the commuter'.
    Last edited by OceanSound; Today at 2:14 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,750Posts Today

7,586Users online

Martin's Twitter