Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 2nd Oct 18, 5:55 PM
    • 55Posts
    • 20Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    County Court Claim by SCS and UKPC
    • 2nd Oct 18, 5:55 PM
    County Court Claim by SCS and UKPC 2nd Oct 18 at 5:55 PM
    Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been on here and the last time I was on here, it was in regards to a set of parking tickets I had received during my time at university when my car was parked outside my halls of residence. I apologise for the long post, but I want to try and explain the situation as best as I can.

During the year I was there, I had received a total of 9 tickets (stupid, I know). However, for each ticket that I received, I followed the advice given on the newbies thread and appealed to POPLA. In total I had sent 6 appeals to POPLA; I had won 5 of these with the appeal pack I had provided, however I lost one because the adjudicator had asked me for more evidence within 7 days, however I was unable to provide an update to my appeal at that time as I was out of the city and did not have access to my emails, and as I did not respond to whatever they had asked for, the PPC had won this appeal.

You may have noticed that I had only sent 5 appeals to POPLA, and may be asking what about the other 4? Well, over time I received four more “tickets” and eventually received the NTKs for each of these. However, I believe (I may be correct or incorrect about this) that two of these tickets may have been removed by the operator.

This seems like a bit of a far-fetched statement but the reason I say this is because I clearly remember one occasion where I caught the operator taking a picture of my car with the ticket on the windscreen. When I caught him in the act, he removed the ticket from my windscreen, said he’ll “let me off” this one time, told me to move me car, and walked off. Now that didn’t ring any bells then, but it does now. I was a bit naive to believe he'd not issue the ticket but lo-and-behold, I got an NTK a month later. Could someone advise me on this too?

Anyways, each of the tickets that were successfully appealed were due to:
    1) Insufficient signage
    2) No evidence of Landowner Authority
    3) No grace period given

Another member of this forum had a similar problem and I had used their appeal as a draft and just filled in pictures that were relevant to my situation. I tried posting a link to my Dropbox with my appeal but since I'm still a new user I can't post links, any advice on how I can provide the appeal to you guys?

Now I had received several more NTKs in regards to the 4 remaining tickets over the past 2 years, with the collection agency switching hands multiple times, from DRP Ltd, to Zenith Collections, and now finally to SCS Law.

Today I have received a Claim Form from SCS Law for the 4 tickets, totalling for over £700! Now I really want to fight this as I believe that, had I had the chance to appeal these at the POPLA stage, I would have won, and the fact that I beat 5 other tickets at POPLA would maybe give me a bit of an edge for this case?

I’m now going to acknowledge the claim & MCOL process, I really appreciate all and any help I can get during this time. Thank you all to everyone who’s helped me out in the past, hopefully I can beat these pricks at this stage as well.
    Last edited by FutureTrunks; 15-04-2019 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Numbers
Page 3
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 7th Mar 19, 9:07 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    Hi guys. I received a letter containing my provisional court date at the beginning of February and it's now been almost a month later and I haven't received any update in regards to a Notice of Allocation or witness statements and such. Is this normal or should I chase it up with the court?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 19, 9:15 PM
    • 23,009 Posts
    • 36,544 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If the letter contained no further details than a provisional date, give the court a call tomorrow.

The line can be very busy, expect a half-hour delay in getting through. Maybe try as early as possible?
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 29th Mar 19, 11:44 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    So I got a response back from the county court and they've given me a date in early May, the only thing that the allocation says is that I need to submit all evidence (witness statements and any relevant documents) at least 14 days before the hearing. I'm guessing I need to draft out my witness statement now
    Last edited by FutureTrunks; 15-04-2019 at 3:40 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Mar 19, 9:19 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes please, show us your WS and the evidence you intend to file. Tips are in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 3rd Apr 19, 7:58 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    I'm doing my witness statement now, I have a quick question regarding witnesses. I have a friend that was with me on the day that the parking operator printed the ticket and then took it off my windscreen, he said he may not be able to make it on the day of the hearing. Will I still be able to submit a written statement from him?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Apr 19, 8:59 AM
    • 23,009 Posts
    • 36,544 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I'm doing my witness statement now, I have a quick question regarding witnesses. I have a friend that was with me on the day that the parking operator printed the ticket and then took it off my windscreen, he said he may not be able to make it on the day of the hearing. Will I still be able to submit a written statement from him?
    Originally posted by FutureTrunks
    Why not. No one completing a WS for the Claimant will be there, so what’s good for the goose ........!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Apr 19, 11:19 AM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes submit it anyway - a proper headed witness statement, dated and signed, similar to your own.

It would be best if he does attend too.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 12th Apr 19, 12:40 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    Hi guys, I'm just working on my Witness Statement and Evidence; would Saeed vs Plustrade & Jopson vs Homeguard be relevant to my case? Since I was a tenant of the block at the time, but it was university accomodation would it still back me up?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Apr 19, 10:01 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes and what about Pace v Noor and Link v Parkinson from the Parking Prankster's case law?

One of those transcripts (Noor I think) talks about tenants having primacy of contract and Parkinson talks about how she owned the parking bay.
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 15th Apr 19, 3:38 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    Hi again guys, I've got my first draft witness statement here, is it okay? -Deleted-

Also I still haven't received the Claimant's evidence pack or WS yet, the deadline is on the 19th, is this a cause for concern?
    Last edited by FutureTrunks; 15-04-2019 at 7:25 PM. Reason: Removed link
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 19, 5:46 PM
    • 70,218 Posts
    • 82,800 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Looks like a good WS.

my only option was to pay UKPC. (Is there anything I could submit for evidence for this?)
    You didn't PAY them for one, did you?!
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 15th Apr 19, 6:34 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    Looks like a good WS.

You didn't PAY them for one, did you?!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

Absolutely not! Haha I see where the abiguity comes across, what I mean by that is, because there was no option to appeal, the only other avenues were to pay, or do nothing. Should I reword that to "to pay or ignore the PCN"?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 7:09 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,563 Thanks
    Quentin
    OP - are your initials ##?
    Last edited by Quentin; 15-04-2019 at 7:25 PM.
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 15th Apr 19, 7:19 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    OP - are your initials ##?
    Originally posted by Quentin

Hey, they are. How did you know?
    Last edited by FutureTrunks; 15-04-2019 at 7:26 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 15th Apr 19, 7:24 PM
    • 14,268 Posts
    • 16,208 Thanks
    KeithP
    Hey, they are. How did you know?
    Originally posted by FutureTrunks
    You have signed up to Dropbox using your full real name.

Suggest you delete that Dropbox link forthwith.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 7:25 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,563 Thanks
    Quentin
    You need to remove all links to your image hosting site

Your full name is on show there

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you

Note I have now edited #53 above and you may want to edit the quote from it in your post
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 15th Apr 19, 7:29 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    Oh jesus! I didn't realise they would show my full name there, thanks so much for pointing that out for me.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 7:36 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,563 Thanks
    Quentin
    Whilst appreciating your reply, it would have been more sensible to first take the action I suggested!
    • FutureTrunks
    • By FutureTrunks 15th Apr 19, 7:42 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    FutureTrunks
    Whilst appreciating your reply, it would have been more sensible to first take the action I suggested!
    Originally posted by Quentin

All the links should be removed now, and the initials changed in my post. Here is the new link, it should be anonymous: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UsiqjVUr3m8mEHDJo6xwnuANQFf1VG7_/view?usp=sharing
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Apr 19, 7:49 PM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,563 Thanks
    Quentin
    It would dot the i's + cross the t's if you now delete your association and images at your original site

(It can still be discovered by way of the cache. But not trying to teach you to suck eggs!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

38Posts Today

1,316Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin