Munchin's Marvellous Debt Busting Diary

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I bet you can't wait to get out of there, Munchin. I'm a firm believer that bullies do what they do because they feel inadequate. Not that that helps the people being bullied.

You'll be out of that soon enough. I remember the huge relief I felt at getting away. It all still makes me shudder :(
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thanks Lilith,

I’ve started taking bits and bobs home with me, which I will take into my new job.

Yesterday I got all my things done :) and I didn’t have to get rid of very much. I just put things in order and switched my summer stuff for winter stuff. I saw a pair of boots in Dorothy Perkins the other day and I was tempted but once I brought out my winter stuff I found a pair of boots that are really similar :o

I’ve ordered a dress for the wedding and it cost £36 but I’m hoping it will do the job as I have all the accessories. I went into the big town to try things on but they had nothing I was interested in and that’s why I ordered online. I’m not sure how shops manage to stay open if the range is soo poor.

This week I have 1 volunteer thing and probably a leaving lunch :D. I will have to fork out money for parking this week and then I need to return travel card for refund ASAP. The train company say the rebate is from the day they receive the card so I don’t want to miss out on too many days. That rebate should cover my fuel for the next 4 months.

We don’t have many plans today, normally we go for a walk but it’s truly wet and horrible outside. Warm fire and tea could be the excitement of the day :D
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Morning

Well this weekend has been a major change to my life. I keep most of the horrible bits of RL out of my diaries. Anyway I’m now single... our relationship hasnt been working for a very long time and not going into details I ended it yesterday but OH was on the same page. I’ve moved home to my Mum (I’ve been quietly taking steps to do that for a while). Sis landed round last night with ice cream :).... I feel such relief but also sadness.

Mum and sisters are the only ones that know but they were amazing and have threatened to take my phone off me if I go back. OH & I are better off separate but I kept hoping it would change.

I don’t want RL people to know which is ridiculous and sister has told me that I should only worry about my feelings. Strange being on my own but as he had little interest in my outside things I will probably not notice much difference. As a friend said recently our relationship had become a habit. Well that’s the update and probably last I mention RL for a while.

Onwards and upwards.....but will wallow in sadness for a wee while. Pup is curled up here beside me and probably delighted to be the only demanding man in my life and he now has my Mum to spoil him full time :)
  • So sorry to hear that Munchin. I once ended a 6 year relationship because I too had felt it had become a habit and was comfortable, even though I knew it was for the best and felt relief after ending it, like you I still did experience sadness and you are allowed to be sad for a period. I guess I felt like it was a certain period of my life had come to the end which caused my sadness.

It sounds like this breakup was probably for the best and now you have time to concentrate on yourself which is so important.
    August 2019 - Debt £8000
    June 2020 - Debt £190.96
    Saving Pots: House Fund: £2015.21 Holiday Pot: £327.31 Rainy Day Fund: £964.84 Sod it/Treat Fund: £12.06
    Stocks and Shares ISA: £189.65
  • Hi Munchkin,

Congratulations on your new job, how exciting!!!

Sorry about your break up.

Take care xx
  • Sorry to hear about your break up mich, but congratulations on your new job. It's time for some new adventures for you and the pup. X
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Sorry about your breakup but it sounds as if it's for the best. Did you own or rent your property with OH? Where will you live long long term?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Thank you all,

Impulse spender - I had so much hope but we did have some really good times and I will miss what we had but not enough to go back.

I woke up from a bad dream about him hence the early hour. I know it was only a dream but wouldn’t have surprised me if it had happened in RL. In the dream OH and I were discussing where we would have Xmas dinner and he explained it was just going to be a lunch with family. Dream me said ‘a Xmas lunch with who?’ Ex OH got cross as I didn’t understand that it was lunch on Xmas day but not Xmas lunch and I tried to explain why I thought it would be a Xmas thing but obviously I was stupid. I woke up panicked then relieved it wasnt real but those kind of things happened. My subconscious is on the ball and I need to remember that.:o

HHD- that’s a question and a half about future things. I helped pay the mortgage for 8 years but nothing was official and so we didn’t have anything technically together. At the moment I’m so relieved it’s over that i want to just cut my losses. I think I will just stay with my Mum for a bit and worry about renting in the New Year. Although Mum would keep me and pup forever :D.

My sister in England is home this weekend and we are planning to put world to rights over wine. Mum is having a Halloween party and I get to go without worrying about OH :D..so looking forward to this new life but can’t help feeling stupid for putting up with it for so long.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear about your relationship Munchin, but I seen you'd mentioned it a few times in your diary and it sounded a difficult relationship at times. There's bound to be mixed feelings about it, so just allow yourself to feel whatever comes up ((hugs))
  • Munchin
    Forumite
    Hi all,

So I've had a few highs and lows this week but I'm getting there but I know I've done the best thing for myself. Found myself waking at 1.30 am and then not going back to sleep at all, and obviously at 3am it made perfect sense to buy a shoe horn on Amazon :o.

The spending fast has collapsed in a big heap but it could be worse. I started a fresh start on my YNAB that wiped ex OH out of the equasion. I have been out for lunch most days.

I got my official letter to start my new job next Wed..so it's all finally confirmed :). I'm so looking forward to this fresh start in my home life and work life.

I made appointment to get nails done on Sat for myself and then sister who is coming home to visit asked for an appt after me for herself and daughter. Family trip to beauticians is now on :D

It just feels like I'm starting a brand new Chapter in my life and it is wonderful & a wee bit scary :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure