Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • starlighteventskent
    • By starlighteventskent 1st Oct 18, 6:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    starlighteventskent
    We purchased something for business use and its not fit for purpose? HELP
    • 1st Oct 18, 6:53 PM
    We purchased something for business use and its not fit for purpose? HELP 1st Oct 18 at 6:53 PM
    Hello, i am new to this forum and thought i would say hi and see if i could get some help here.

We purchased something for business use on april 24th and its not fit for purpose? they have had the item back once for repair and its still doing the same as before and also they are made so badly.

we have tried to ask for a refund but they want them back again for repair and its a return to base warranty and they are an 8 hour drive there and back which would have to be done twice and i am not willing to do this again.

they have had a chance to repair the issue and still its happening again and since we have had them we have decided not to hire them out as they are so crap we would have bad feedback and i am not willing to put my company in negative feedback.

they wont pay for a courier also item cost was around 8k

we have videos and pictures of the issues and was wondering where do we stand with this and do we take them to court?? any help is very much appreciated.

thanks
    chris
Page 1
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 1st Oct 18, 6:56 PM
    • 950 Posts
    • 1,197 Thanks
    marcarm
    • 1st Oct 18, 6:56 PM
    • 1st Oct 18, 6:56 PM
    B2B so consumer rights do not apply.

What do your business terms with the company state will happen in the case of faulty products?
    • starlighteventskent
    • By starlighteventskent 1st Oct 18, 7:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    starlighteventskent
    • 1st Oct 18, 7:31 PM
    • 1st Oct 18, 7:31 PM
    return to base for repair.
    so if B2B does not apply what does???
    • unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 1st Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 13,119 Posts
    • 10,480 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 1st Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 1st Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    Originally posted by starlighteventskent
    You've slightly misunderstood what was said I think. The poster said if its B2B then consumer rights won't apply. B2B means business to business (contract).

If its B2B then SoGA will apply to the contract. However, as a b2b you can agree to forego certain rights or obligations. You would need to check the T&C's to see what you agreed to.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • bris
    • By bris 1st Oct 18, 8:06 PM
    • 8,330 Posts
    • 7,254 Thanks
    bris
    • 1st Oct 18, 8:06 PM
    • 1st Oct 18, 8:06 PM
    Originally posted by starlighteventskent
    You still have the Sale of Goods act. Contract law still applies so if you think the goods aren't fit for the purpose they were sold for then this could be a breach of contract.

You could still go to court for this breach of contract. The contract you have will give them chances to repair etc but if the goods aren't fit for the purpose they were intended for then all the repairs aren't going to change that.

Start a small claims action for the refund, it's cheap in comparison to the value of the claim and you will have a fair chance to win with relatively little output.
    • disdilemma
    • By disdilemma 12th Jan 19, 7:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    disdilemma
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:27 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:27 PM
    Dear Chris
    Just wondered what the outcome of this matter was. Did you proceed with court proceedings. Reason I ask is we too have a situation very much like yours.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Jan 19, 7:47 PM
    • 33,335 Posts
    • 20,988 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:47 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 7:47 PM
    Dear Chris
    Just wondered what the outcome of this matter was. Did you proceed with court proceedings. Reason I ask is we too have a situation very much like yours.
    Originally posted by disdilemma

You know your very unlikely to get a response since the post is from last year ?

You would be better off starting your own thread.
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 12th Jan 19, 8:46 PM
    • 3,042 Posts
    • 2,331 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:46 PM
    • 12th Jan 19, 8:46 PM
    Especially since the OP hasn't logged in since the day after they posted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,733Posts Today

9,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Perhaps the only thing we truly learn from this poll is we are generally optimistic. Most Brexiteers think Brexit w? https://t.co/DoosVRvneE

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ??Join the UK's biggest consumer website ??Make a difference ??Work with brilliant journalists ??Collaborate with top b?

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you believe the UK will leave the European Union in 2019? PS. Twitter/my following tends? https://t.co/U3DknxaJOG

• Follow Martin