Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Midnighter
    • By Midnighter 29th Sep 18, 9:30 AM
    • 12,221Posts
    • 1,339,036Thanks
    Midnighter
    E: 20/11 That's Life Crime Scene Special
    • 29th Sep 18, 9:30 AM
    E: 20/11 That's Life Crime Scene Special 29th Sep 18 at 9:30 AM
    Reg/Log in https://thatslife.co.uk/competitions-entry/thats-life-crime-special

Puzzle 1, MURDER MYSTERY BREAK: STUDY
    Puzzle 2, WIN A TV & DVD PLAYER: FORENSIC
    Puzzle 3, COUNTERFEITS 50 CASH: A
    Puzzle 4, SUPERSEARCH 50 CASH: SHADY GAGA
    Puzzle 5, PRIZE POINTER 50: COLLAGEN
    Puzzle 6, CODE BREAK 50 CASH: BRICK
    Puzzle 7, DOUBLE CROSS 50 CASH: CATTLE RUSTLER
    Puzzle 8, GRAND EXHIBITS 1000 CASH: I
    Puzzle 9, KEYHOLE 50 CASH: 22
    Puzzle 10, SU-DOKU 50 CASH: 542

PRIZE DETAILS:

Puzzle 1, Win a Murder Mystery Break for Two
    Follow in the footsteps of Poirot and Miss Marple and prepare to do some serious sleuthing in an evening filled with intrigue and suspicion!

Our main prize winner and a plus-one will take part in a fully interactive murder mystery evening at one over over 35 characterful Murder 57 venues, with a three-course dinner, overnight stay and full breakfast the next morning.

But be ready for things to take a dramatic turn, as you learn that there has been a murder most foul.

The cunningly crafted plots will put your sleuthing skills to the ultimate test as you become immersed in one of over 100 original and perplexing plots. Keep your wits about you and piece together crucial clues to reveal the culprit's identity.You could be the one to crack the case!

Brought to you by those masters of mystery Murder 57, this break can be taken at any of their events at one of 35 UK locations. Luxurious, traditional, modern or spooky - each venue has its own unique quality. Wherever you stay, your break is sure to be memorably murderous!

A furhter winner will receive a 100 voucher towards a Murder 57 break of their choice. So start honing your powers of deduction.

For more details of Murder 57 breaks, visit www.murder57.com.

The break may be taken on any date subject to availability. 100 is also included towards expenses.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 06-10-2018 at 9:16 AM. Reason: Correcting end date.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
Page 1
    • floorflock
    • By floorflock 29th Sep 18, 2:14 PM
    • 163 Posts
    • 10,982 Thanks
    floorflock
    • 29th Sep 18, 2:14 PM
    • 29th Sep 18, 2:14 PM
    When the link opens it states that the closing date for entries is 20th November - is this correct?
    Thanks for your help Midnighter.
    • starrybee
    • By starrybee 5th Oct 18, 6:01 PM
    • 1,761 Posts
    • 17,893 Thanks
    starrybee
    • 5th Oct 18, 6:01 PM
    • 5th Oct 18, 6:01 PM

*Puzzles are listed in the order they appear on the entry form, which does not currently match the order they appear in the magazine entry form!*
    Originally posted by Midnighter
    Looks like this has had a reshuffle - the TV&DVD player had moved up the list for me, then the rest were in the same order.

• Hopeisalovelyplacetolive
    • By Hopeisalovelyplacetolive 10th Nov 18, 4:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    Hopeisalovelyplacetolive
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:42 PM
    • 10th Nov 18, 4:42 PM
    Thanks for posting these answers.

Would just like to check the answer for Grand Exhibits as another site has the answer as A.

Many thanks
    • Midnighter
    • By Midnighter 12th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    • 12,221 Posts
    • 1,339,036 Thanks
    Midnighter
    • 12th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    • 12th Nov 18, 3:09 PM
    Thanks for posting these answers.

Would just like to check the answer for Grand Exhibits as another site has the answer as A.

Many thanks
    Originally posted by Hopeisalovelyplacetolive
    I'm not sure if I've still got the magazine, but I'll have a root around after and check.

I've managed to find my copy and checked the answer, the answer is definitely I. The puzzle's a crossword with some of the clues being replaced by pictures, one of which doesn't fit. Picture A is a screw which fits 55 down; I is an arrow and doesn't fit anywhere.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 13-11-2018 at 4:03 PM.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
    • Hopeisalovelyplacetolive
    • By Hopeisalovelyplacetolive 13th Nov 18, 6:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    Hopeisalovelyplacetolive
    • 13th Nov 18, 6:27 PM
    • 13th Nov 18, 6:27 PM
    Thank you for checking, Midnighter. Your explanation is much appreciated :-)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,553Posts Today

6,815Users online

Martin's Twitter