Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 27th Sep 18, 11:03 AM
    • 3,412Posts
    • 28,164Thanks
    thriftylass
    NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober
    • 27th Sep 18, 11:03 AM
    NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober 27th Sep 18 at 11:03 AM
    NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober Gobstopper

The cosy autumnal season has begun. The blankets and slippers have come out as well as the comforting cups of hot tea at night. But one thing will stay in the cupboard or even better the shops for me and DH – alcohol and cigarettes. I have made a fair few positive changes these last few months (going to the gym regularly again, eating healthy, found that intermittent fasting does me good, taking more me time etc) but those two vices still persist.

Hence, my husband and I decided to do Stoptober (stop smoking) and GoSober October (obvious).

So, there is a challenge for all of you. We unfortunately have rather nasty vices to get rid of but is there anything you could change to the positive or give up for October? Are you eating too much sugar, drinking too much pop, spending too much money in the haberdashery section or using the tumble dryer every day? Pick sth that either effects your health, finances or mental wellbeing. I’m sure most people can find one little thing. It takes at least 21 days to change a habit or form a new one, let’s tick one off in October. Don’t wait till Monday, next week, after half term, the new year. Start NOW.

Otherwise the usual turtle way applies: aim to have some fun along the way, provide the odd inspirational quote, offer help and advice, sympathise when things go wrong and celebrate our successes. Remember No Turtle Gets Left Behind.

Commit to the challenge, follow the rules to the best of your ability. The rules are all tools that will help you on your debt free journey, the more tools you utilise, the more you will save but if you are new, it can take a while to get up to speed with them all. Don't worry.

I have to admit I pinched some of following guidelines from a previous post as they were spot on.

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards.

Regular budget items should be set by 1st October. If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? Have you planned ahead for half term (if appropriate)? Most importantly, Pay To Your Debt Or savings First, Live off What Is Left.

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). You will not lose an NSD for petrol included in petrol budget, medical expenses (you don't choose when to be ill but stocking up would be cheaper), yellow sticker purchases only (no additional full price items). For regular activities where fees are paid weekly (children's clubs, window cleaner) you can set aside the money for the month on a spend day and avoid losing a spend day each week.

Special exemption for the turtle who's family drink milk by the bucketload. Any requests for special exemptions will be considered (some turtles manage their money in other ways)

Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Looking forward to reading your stories on this one.

Exercise Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible.

Christmas I know it’s a bit early to mention the C-word as Halloween hasn’t even passed yet (not that the shops mind). I started a gift list and started buying little things on the way to spread the cost and I know a few of you do this over the course of the year. I fyou don’t start now. Even if you don’t buy anything yet start planning to avoid the last minute dash.
    You still have time to make presents but may need to buy materials (may be more time for edible gifts). Involve children in making gifts. Encourage them to have a toy clear out and pass on any that are no longer wanted to younger family members or charity (or sell to make a few pennies).

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas. If the works annual do is a chore (and an expensive one) opt out. Say you aren't going.
    Some people have lovely families and love to gather together. Most of us have the odd awkward relative and some would try the patience of a saint. Don't let others take you for granted and don't feel obliged to welcome all and sundry.

If Christmas is a difficult time for you, take time out if you need it, treat yourself kindly .

Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. exemption for turtls who budget for this from personal/ social spending or who have nowhere else to meet a friend. Dispensation for support for sick friends.

Extra Income or Extra time for the time poor Overtime, surveys, second jobs, craftsales at Christmas fairs (Bunny tales - and tails - always welcome). Or, get up earlier to have time to organise your day before the rest of the house hold gets in the way. Find time wasting activities, replace them with more efficient one, learn to say NO.

Report in, daily if possible (I know some people have access problems). Sometimes people slink off if they have strayed but you will not feel better until you tell your fellow turtles about it.

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES AND DON’T WAIT DO IT NOW.

THE Challenge will run from 00.00 on 1st October until 00.00 on 31st October.
    Last edited by thriftylass; 01-10-2018 at 3:45 PM.
Page 14
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 12th Oct 18, 7:27 AM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 15,399 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    NSD 9 today
    I have everything that I need for today, and while I could wing it if it were just me, not sure if DH and the kids are quite as 'up' for crazy combination meal planning as I am.

Will have to shop over weekend though.
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 : Oct17 - £109,495.00Dec17 £108,800Jan 18 £108,392.98 March 18 £108,504.72April £108,099May £106,999June 105,999.99July 105,300.00
    Aug £103,999.99
    Sep £102,999.99 October 101,999.99
    NEXT GOAL is sub £100k before 2019Mortgage-free wannabe 2018 #65
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 12th Oct 18, 8:04 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 1,418 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    No. 17 Sit Rep

Days until payday: 7
    Grocery pot: £95
    Fun money: £28
    Emergency Fund: £130 (+£30)
    Extra CC payments: £45

Had a few wobbles over the last couple of days as I've been travelling for work, but should be manageable. The time just before payday is always my downfall as I start to relax - must keep focused!
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 12th Oct 18, 4:07 PM
    • 2,497 Posts
    • 24,376 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Challenge – Do more self-care. Still doing my 365 days of self care journal and 365 tiny love challenges. Having a rather chilled out day. Got my buddy box today from the mental health support organisation. Has got lovely things in it for self care.
    Organise. This I must to. Used what I had in. Still on track with using things already in. Made some scones. Cooked some sausages for lunch tomorrow to make sandwiches as I will be out tomorrow.
    No Spend Days 10/20 Was a spend day. Ordered a couple of things and got tv mag. I did resist buying some other things.
    Exercise Walked to and from post box which is 15 minutes each way as I had a couple of things to post.
    Christmas This is already sorted. Have put money into a savings account each month for the year. Immediate family all get money. Christmas will be a difficult time for me so I will concentrate on self-care. Will decide after 2nd December - my Mum's first anniversary of her death.
    Banned - Was alright today.
    Extra Income Did a survey.
    Report - Reporting in.
    Last edited by Kerry Woman; 12-10-2018 at 5:30 PM.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober NSD 18/20
    • greent
    • By greent 12th Oct 18, 5:57 PM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 75,394 Thanks
    greent
    Days 11 & 12
    A challenge for you - anything you could change to the positive or give up for October? My plan is to re-start bodycoach during Oct, before then I plan on cutting down to one sweet treat/ day maximum - Total rubbish. No excuses..

Organise. . I'm taking the opportunity to use up those things which have been lurking in the freezer/ cupboard and are now exposed! Yep - still going well.

Regular budget .Running totals Spends: Groceries £124.61. Clothing £47.

No Spend Days. Still 3. Bought a couple of items in A1di specials yesterday for Xmas presents. Spent a small amount in Tesc0 today

Improvise. -just slightly weird food bits being used up. Whipped up double cream (left over from scones) with lemon curd stirred through it makes a very yummy pud! .

Exercise Four times a week at least Also rubbish

Christmas Will plan this out this month
    Have got everything out, sorted and listed. Couple of bits bought yesterday. Going ok.

Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, etc. - have social budget. Will include a meal out for OH's bday. Running total £10.70 This will increase tomorrow as OH's bday

Extra Income Small fb00k sale today. Another one should be made tomorrow, hopefully. Running total £51.98

Report in, here

Thankful for NHS (physio appt today), small sales = money in/ things out, fb00k class pages - getting copies of homework which DS3 left at school yesterday (inset today), yummy food from random things.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2018 OPs (#18) £6484.71/£7500
    Net sales 2018 £713.44/£1000 PAYDOX18 (#15) Done £18918.90
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 12th Oct 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 26,938 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Thank goodness it's Friday! I've had a few nights out this week so I'm feeling exhausted. Takeaway at friends house tonight and dinner out tomorrow too, so feel like I haven't seen the children for any decent amount of time Spend day today as I needed a sympathy card plus eggs for children to have carbonara for tea tonight.

NSDs 6/15
    Budgets all up to date. Payday today - different again from last week!
    Extra income/time - nothing today
    Banned - takeaway tonight (sorry all!) but otherwise no other establishments visited.

Have a good evening all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
    Cross-stitch WIP #2: Pretty Little London by Satsuma Street
    • plumduff55
    • By plumduff55 12th Oct 18, 7:34 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 3,752 Thanks
    plumduff55
    THANK GOODNESS I've managed a NSD today so that's me on 5/15.

ORGANISED - I'm always decluttering and tidying the understair cupboard but it never lasts tidy for long so I decided it needs totally decluttered and reorganised. Job done today so we'll see how long it remains tidy now. I found hundreds of candles and am sending loads to cs as it would take me years to use them all.

EXTRA INCOME - I earned £5 for a small sewing task.

EXERCISE - Exercised to a dvd this morning.

I'm going into town tomorrow so not much chance of a NSD
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order )

October NSD 11/15
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 12th Oct 18, 8:45 PM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 15,399 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    NSD 9 achieved. Spent nothing. Leftovers for lunch.

Organising and repurposing bits of furniture, I could not bring myself to take a perfectly useable bookcase to the tip, and in refusing to do so, I may have accidentally made the back room into a multipurpose, useable space.
    Now, an old £35 1KEA desk I can take to the tip. Old bedding/towels can go to RSPC4. Used up two candles in glass jars, which can now be drinking glasses until the kids smash them as well. Repurposing candles as heat sources (central heating still off in my house).

Why does tidying stuff up and sorting things make such a mess?
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 : Oct17 - £109,495.00Dec17 £108,800Jan 18 £108,392.98 March 18 £108,504.72April £108,099May £106,999June 105,999.99July 105,300.00
    Aug £103,999.99
    • Saving Glut
    • By Saving Glut 12th Oct 18, 8:48 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Saving Glut
    Challenge: I aim to lose 3lbs this month. It will be good to be accountable here! Lost 1lb this week!

Organise: Will take stock take of food in cupboards, fridge and freezer. This should help with my MFW challenge too. No progress yet.

Budget Items: I do know my expenditure for October, but do need to figure out those regular annual costs and fees which like to surprise me every year! No progress yet.

No Spend Days: 8/15

Exercise: Aim to complete 5 cycling sportives in October, four of which must be free (won two in a competition) and one of which must be self-guided and in a new location. Have completed one - four to go. Inspired by this challenge, I went for another 20 minutes jaunt today.

Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas: ]Researched options for Mumís gift. Also learned today that contractors will get both Xmas Eve and New Years off paid. Sooo happy about this!

Extra Income: Submitted proof of income for new HSBC card for cashback offer. Total sales for Oct: £70.15.
    Last edited by Saving Glut; 13-10-2018 at 3:53 PM.
    IO BTL1 Mortgage was £97,963 on 09/08/18 and was £94,108.85 on 20/10/18.
    • Shrewbie
    • By Shrewbie 12th Oct 18, 8:54 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 707 Thanks
    Shrewbie
    Popping in to report NSD 8 today - still doing well on the spending freeze but have been treated to a takeaway today though so I am lucky... will repay bf when I get paid. I did succumb to a single glass of cider yesterday but other than that still dry... and moderation is the hardest thing for me, so I'll take that!

Have a great weekend everyone
    CC £0/£2577 OD £0/£385
    Savings £0/£7,000

NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober NSD 14/15
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 12th Oct 18, 9:02 PM
    • 7,813 Posts
    • 58,989 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am grateful for still getting some tasty rasps off the canes, for line-drying some washing, for the difference a bit of sweeping up makes (esp when you walk around bare foot!), for my big a$$ salad at lunch time (8 veggies), for seeing dss + gf this evening (last time before theyhead back to Oz to live), for finding some exercises for my gammy shoulder to try to avoid big physio payments, for online info, for the paint I used for bunny eyes working and not going all spready, for dss gifting us their posh coffee machine.
    NST October Gobstopper #7; NSD 10/18; Ex /21 ; craft 31 (144); remove 6 (653)
    2018 Pay off: £4266; 2
    018 sell £49.10; WLOSW 3/10

Mortgage £18,885 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 12th Oct 18, 10:16 PM
    • 598 Posts
    • 6,441 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Hello lovely Turtles

Lots of organising today, meal plan done for next week & I sorted through my kids toys. Finished some bunting I've been working on for about 6 weeks , thank goodness as I was getting sick of the sight of it!
    Budget is now £80 for these last two weeks, it was more but I have moved a little more into savings as I didn't think Id need it all. Out of sight...out of mind
    NSDS today was 10 & 5th day in a row. Did shop yesterday for some xmas bits but used vouchers & didn't spend a penny.
    Xmas-- chatted to grandma about what my boys might want. Tomorrow Im gonna get xmas stuff down and look at what I have, wrapping , crackers etc.

Improvise- made pizzas with the kids to use up the rest of the ham & peppers and some passata I had left over from tea last night. Kids had soo much fun too. Also we used hubs old Army tarpaulin to cover the chickens run as the rain is so bad, they have a couple of indoor areas too but this way they can still be out & dry(er)

Extra-- no actual cash but sky customers Transylvania 2 is free on sky store For those that don't know, downloaded for over halloween for the littlies. Also got some free decorate your own mummy biscuits & some fang cheesey puffs with my vouchers so I have a little night planned out for nearer to Halloween. Tomorrow I shall be digging out last years costumes to see if they'll fit the little one.

Grateful for- hub buying me YS flowers (he knows me so well ) ,for having the time to finish my bunting & for my little one thinking when we said eyebrows we were saying "my brows" "My brows, mummys brows, Daddy brows "
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 12th Oct 18, 10:34 PM
    • 2,532 Posts
    • 26,461 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Persevered with the tidying, moved drawers and the bed, persuaded DS3 to turn the mattress, had a hot epsom salts bath, clean sheets on, duvet complete with cover, pillows in pillowcases, slept in lovely empty bed. Still surrounded by bags of semi-sorted stuff (early stuff was very sorted, later stuff it was more a case of fabric - clothes, bedding, rags, fabric - all in one bag) and stuff picked up off the floor (did sort out tiny items -b uttons sequins, needles - into a small tub) and then swept up remaining rubbish.

Bed is an ocean of calm and peace, love and tranquility will spread out from there to all parts of the house.

No word from DS2 last night. Put computer on whilst working through my mornng pills - message from DS2, no time to bring keys round could I be at his flat by 10am (had agreed on 11am). Threw clothes on, collected books to read, small puzzle book, purse, glasses, hanky etc, quick trip to little Arseda to get mum's shopping plus sandwiches and drinks for me (sorry but it was either that or starve) and made it to his flat 1 minute before he did.

Was waiting in for plumber to come and mend his tap. He set up Netflix for me and I opted to watch Red 2 (fun and easy viewing, bot fussed if I missed a plot twist or 2). I sat on his couch (legs stretched out in front of me) eating a sandwich and chocolate. Man arrived just before DS2 came back at dinner time. Job done. DS2 carried my bags downstairs (I had seeen an abandoned trolley earlier and dumped my bags in it and had something to hold onto). Dizziness is receding slowly but still severe.

Walked down the road to taxi place (not my usual one) and went to mum's. Not done much there (had brought shopping and cash). filled in a bit more jigsaw, read a little. Feeling absolutely wiped out but okay now I'm back in bed.

Today I am grateful for getting things done and being able to chill out a bit, will leave everything else until tomorrow.

Today I'm grateful for
    This year I will be fierce
    NST Oct #23 SFD 8/15 Food £157.92/£200 Travel £1.80/£15 Ent/diy £0/£15 Ext DS3 clothes
    No Debt No mortgage
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 12th Oct 18, 11:09 PM
    • 2,960 Posts
    • 27,467 Thanks
    sashanut
    no 3 checking in
    Hi all

Challenge: Oops forgot this one yesterday! Don't smoke & rarely drink either, so it has to be giving up unhealthy snacks..Not great today tbh. DD said she fancied Lebkuchen as it was nearly Christmas (!) and she was watching Christmas QVC. Stupidly I found a bag of them leftover from last year, so keep dipping into them. Have left them downstairs to avoid further snacking.

No Spend Challenge:
    Do like the sound of this but do my shopping on Tuesday, I could prep by shopping at the weekend but hate going then & never do if humanly possible to avoid....hmm will have to ponder. Will make an exception for Tuesday & try for a 6 day week.. Spending freeze today.

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards. Leftover butter sandwiches from yesterday for lunch, made a chinesey thing for supper with YS rainbow stirfry still OK from last week.

Regular budget items should be set by 1st October. If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? No purchases today.

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). Am aiming for 15 but hoping for more. Now 8/15.

Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Not today.

Exercise Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible. Very bad weather & very windy today, not much time outside at all.

Christmas Looked at some online sites with a view to purchase when spending freeze thaws.

Banned Will only be chippys normally with the odd takeaway planned for a celebration etc. No takeaways today.

Extra Income and Extra time Very bitty day & not much done, so extra time in short supply. Must get my act together before we go away though, list of jobs very long..

Report in, daily if possible I'm here..

Go turtles !!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • crazy_cat_lady
    • By crazy_cat_lady 13th Oct 18, 7:43 AM
    • 4,032 Posts
    • 34,474 Thanks
    crazy_cat_lady
    Hi everyone
    Didn't check in yesterday as I was just too tired. Work, followed by ds swimming lesson, followed by half the grocery shop in Mr S (I'm doing the other half in Liddle this morning). It's been a long and tiring week, and still another to go before half term.
    Reached my 1 stone weightloss - long way to go but I'm pleased to be making progress.
    Other than that - I'm just tired as always. I'm going to get dressed and shop in a minute, then catching up with bestie later, but I intend to do lots of relaxing...
    October Gobstopper #8 NSD = 14 1 debt vs 100 days £328.51/£1685
    DFD #1: 6 Nov 15 - paid £28,447
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 13th Oct 18, 8:40 AM
    • 4,032 Posts
    • 37,227 Thanks
    dolly84
    I'm full of cold and generally feeling rubbish. Worked yesterday and it felt like the longest day ever. Would like to have run today but don't have the energy.

For those of you with things to get rid of please try to freecycle them, it's great for those things that are worth something but perhaps not in the monetary sense. I've done it many times and if I'm not in I leave things outside so they can just take it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler.
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 13th Oct 18, 9:33 AM
    • 598 Posts
    • 6,441 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Hi lovely turtles

Organise-- today Id like to look at our halloween stuff.
    Regular Budget-- still the same, £80.
    NSD/challenge- today is number 11. 6th in a row.
    Xmas- no plans for today. lager is in my shopping list though as I am starting to pick things up as I go along. I now have all the chocolate & biscuits in & the bucks fizz
    No take aways- nope
    Extra- off to Tesco in search of free crisps!!
    • lcc86
    • By lcc86 13th Oct 18, 9:52 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 3,825 Thanks
    lcc86
    Checking in from yesterday, didn't manage a NSD. A friend was having engagement drinks (who knew that was a thing) so I went after work. Kept it cheap by buying chips for dinner and just one glass of pepsi, so only spent just under £5. also had a headache so that was a good excuse to slip out early.

Today was meant to be a NSD but I can't find my padlock anywhere so just had to buy one for use at the gym grrr. £5 spent today, so am still on 8 NSD's. Just doing some leg stuff at gym, it's only my second time back so I'm still aching from the first visit on Thursday
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original diary
    £725/£1000 EF £329 saved for household jobs
    Debt free and in the black for the first time in 11 years
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 13th Oct 18, 11:46 AM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 15,399 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Today is NSD 10

The cheap-o desk is only useable up against a wall as it has drunken right hand legs, mind you it has outlived 3 houses, and has been through 6 rooms in that time. After all that shunting around, no wonder the legs have given out. It makes a newborn giraffe look positively stable. Couldn't even repurpose the top as a shelf I'm afraid. It has given good service.

Need to shop tomorrow though. Very low on essentials.
    Aug £103,999.99
    • chocolatelover93
    • By chocolatelover93 13th Oct 18, 4:42 PM
    • 747 Posts
    • 3,938 Thanks
    chocolatelover93
    Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted on here, I have been so busy the last week.
    Monday was a NSD. Me and my son went to a grow it, cook it, share it group. We went into the garden and picked some veggies and then tried them made into sort of a ratatouille. My son being the greedy begger he is, went around everyone elses plates and had some!! We got to take a big bag of veggies home too which were lovely!
    Tuesday I took mum out shopping and managed to go into my over draft but I did get some xmas presents and I got a few bits for free off a FB site. Got some door letters for my sons door, some DVD's (one was still sealed so that was an xmas gift), a gift set for my auntie and some soaps I won in a raffle that I will use as gifts.
    Then the rest of the week my money went on !!!!. So I got paid on Thursday and now have £0 to live on until next Thursday! (did keep £20 aside for work meal tomorrow) Car has half a tank and there is food in the house so all should be ok but so annoyed with myself. However I did make sure I paid my credit card first before buying anything and I will be doing the same this week as well!

Hope you're all ok! Going to catch up on thread now

Challenge - Not eaten healthy really the last few days
    Organise - Will make lunch to take into work tomorrow. For the week ahead, Monday is chill day, Tuesday at mums, Wednesday at work so will take lunch in, Thursday we're going to a friends b/day party at a play area so that will be eating out but will come out of the budget, Friday I'm working so again will take lunch in. I'm off the weekend so will see what free baby groups there are or just chill.
    No Spend Days - Did get 1 in the week (failed the freeze!) and spent today on lunch..
    Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist - None today.
    Exercise Four times a week at least - Working so not had a chance.
    Christmas - None today
    Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. - This has gone out the window the last few days!
    Extra Income or Extra time for the time poor - None today.
    Report in - Hello!

C xx
    Debts:
    £420/£3326.55 Credit Card 0%
    £23.72/£260.92 Sofa 0%
    Oct Lunches 4/8 NSD 4/15
    • Coxy11
    • By Coxy11 13th Oct 18, 5:33 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 26,938 Thanks
    Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Very warm and very windy here in SE London! 5 loads of washing line dried though - result!
    Today was a spend day. Both DD and I got our eyebrows waxed (£10) and I needed tights/pop socks for work so another £8 from my personal spends there. Also did the weekly food shop with DS2 and got his hair cut. So a spendy day but we are now stocked up for the week, apart from milk, f&v top ups.

NSDs - still on 6/15
    Budgets - all done and accounted for.
    Exercise - keeping to my steps for the day but could do more with this.
    Banned - takeaway last night, meal out tonight. Ooops.
    Christmas - bought 4 for £1 gift bags in Card Factory and had a look in Wilkos for a few foodie bits and ideas. Almost bought the advent calendars but held myself back!

Have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
    Cross-stitch WIP #2: Pretty Little London by Satsuma Street
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,327Posts Today

8,248Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin