Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumto2boys
    • By mumto2boys 22nd Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    • 6,438Posts
    • 614,979Thanks
    mumto2boys
    E: 31/01 Win 5000 or instant win prizes with Hobgoblin (daily)
    • 22nd Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    E: 31/01 Win 5000 or instant win prizes with Hobgoblin (daily) 22nd Sep 18 at 5:43 PM
    https://thehobgoblininn.wychwood-competitions.com/

posted in daily thread by chez_when

Not open to Northern Ireland.

3 entries per day, per person, per email address.
Page 3
    • Cefca
    • By Cefca 24th Oct 18, 2:43 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    Cefca
    Is that where you click the suitcase? If so, someone has complained about that on FB, because it's a known glitch.
    Like others have said, it's a case of guessing which clue it is.
    Be Lucky.
    Originally posted by dontone

Also, do all the other clues first so there's less to choose from for the glitched clue.

A couple of times when it's happened, I managed to get it on the first attempt when doing it that way.
    • writi0102
    • By writi0102 24th Oct 18, 5:30 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    writi0102
    i just do room 1 now since i'm in the draw. It takes about 5 seconds per game.
    2014 Wins - Bad Grandpa dvd - 4 Duck legs from an online butchers - A great christmas onesie - A new laptop computer!
    2015 Wins - Smartphone, 3000 crossword prize.
    2018 wins - 2000 , Ipad
    • frilbee1
    • By frilbee1 26th Oct 18, 2:40 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    frilbee1
    Do the links in the 3rd room change every day?
    • womble_lancs
    • By womble_lancs 27th Oct 18, 9:51 AM
    • 255 Posts
    • 4,432 Thanks
    womble_lancs
    Do the links in the 3rd room change every day?
    Originally posted by frilbee1
    They change with every time you play, and you can play three times a day.
    2013 win: 1 x DVD | 2014 wins: retro sweets hamper; T-Rex box set; theatre tickets; children's book; 50 shopping voucher; 1 x DVD; 3 months supply of dog food; Sherlock DVD | 2015 win: Samsung Chromebook | 2016 wins: 50 iTunes vouchers; 200 cash |
    2017 win: 100 cash | Microplane zester & grater
    • Rossc
    • By Rossc 27th Oct 18, 11:05 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    Rossc
    Also, do all the other clues first so there's less to choose from for the glitched clue.

A couple of times when it's happened, I managed to get it on the first attempt when doing it that way.
    Originally posted by Cefca
    I have had that a few times and I have right clicked on the image and then open image in new tab. It does not open the image but it has the description of the image in writing - every time it has been the boar bottle.

Hope this helps
    • komalqasim
    • By komalqasim 29th Oct 18, 2:37 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    komalqasim
    Thanks for all the clues and detail.. Finally cleared 3rd round after 2 days
    So happpy
    • Fruitloops
    • By Fruitloops 1st Nov 18, 2:23 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 5,178 Thanks
    Fruitloops
    Thanks for this and all the help here. Won a t-shirt today and in the draw!

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
    • mclarkie
    • By mclarkie 1st Nov 18, 3:07 PM
    • 6,330 Posts
    • 1,037,428 Thanks
    mclarkie
    I finally got my two Halloween hats today, the 1st December!

just in time for next year
    • dontone
    • By dontone 2nd Nov 18, 1:41 PM
    • 4,289 Posts
    • 13,808 Thanks
    dontone
    Just won a pair of tickets for the brewery tour.
    Never done anything like that before.
    I hope that we can go in the Spring, 'cos it's in Oxford, and at least one night away from home.
    I haven't done too bad on this. Won 3 t-shirts (waiting for 2 to come) and now this.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 6th Nov 18, 10:48 AM
    • 5,707 Posts
    • 99,703 Thanks
    Blulu
    In room 3, is anyone else struggling with getting the right code from the Japanese mask on the wall? I know it's the right match for the mask, because when it offers 4 Latin numbers, it works, but sometimes it only gives three numbers. E.g. VII IV III. I've tried entering these in the last three boxes and the first three boxes, but whatever I try doesn't work. It just robs me of my three lives. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 6th Nov 18, 12:19 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 9,927 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    This is fun, I won a T-shirt to, do they email asking for size and address because I haven't heard anything yet (2 days) and I don't recall signing up with the info? Thank you x
    Compers challenge 13/70
    285/2018
    • dontone
    • By dontone 6th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    • 4,289 Posts
    • 13,808 Thanks
    dontone
    In room 3, is anyone else struggling with getting the right code from the Japanese mask on the wall? I know it's the right match for the mask, because when it offers 4 Latin numbers, it works, but sometimes it only gives three numbers. E.g. VII IV III. I've tried entering these in the last three boxes and the first three boxes, but whatever I try doesn't work. It just robs me of my three lives. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Blu X
    Originally posted by Blulu
    The III isn't II & I is it? Sometimes the numbers are so close together sometimes it's hard to make them out.
    That dartboard is a b*gg*r too sometimes. Sometimes it's hard to see if it's a double or a treble.
    Sorry I can't help anymore. It might be a glitch, but if you come across it again, save it till last, you might not even need it.
    It's frustrating when that happens.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 6th Nov 18, 12:43 PM
    • 5,707 Posts
    • 99,703 Thanks
    Blulu
    The III isn't II & I is it? Sometimes the numbers are so close together sometimes it's hard to make them out.
    That dartboard is a b*gg*r too sometimes. Sometimes it's hard to see if it's a double or a treble.
    Sorry I can't help anymore. It might be a glitch, but if you come across it again, save it till last, you might not even need it.
    It's frustrating when that happens.
    Be Lucky.
    Originally posted by dontone
    Thank you loads for that. I will try it next time I get the mask.

Blu X
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 6th Nov 18, 2:20 PM
    • 38,709 Posts
    • 272,177 Thanks
    mjm3346
    This is fun, I won a T-shirt to, do they email asking for size and address because I haven't heard anything yet (2 days) and I don't recall signing up with the info? Thank you x
    Originally posted by mummy2threeboys
    The form to fill in with the rest of your details appears with the winning message including selecting L or XL if you have won a T-shirt.

They also send a "congratulations" e-mail the same as the "unlucky" ones which includes

*If you failed to provide a valid postal address for your prize it will not be sent and may be re-distributed. If you did not submit your address and wish to claim please send your postal details to: websupport@wychwood.com.
    Last edited by mjm3346; 06-11-2018 at 2:38 PM.
    Internet goodness 25580
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 10th Nov 18, 3:23 PM
    • 5,707 Posts
    • 99,703 Thanks
    Blulu
    I've been playing room 3 ever since it let me, as I think it's the easiest room to beat. Today it's only letting me play room 1. It's like starting the whole thing from scratch. I'm nearly sure it's because I cleared cookies yesterday. So be warned, if you clear cookies, the same thing might happen to you.

Blu X
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 10th Nov 18, 4:17 PM
    • 38,709 Posts
    • 272,177 Thanks
    mjm3346
    I've been playing room 3 ever since it let me, as I think it's the easiest room to beat. Today it's only letting me play room 1. It's like starting the whole thing from scratch. I'm nearly sure it's because I cleared cookies yesterday. So be warned, if you clear cookies, the same thing might happen to you.

Blu X
    Originally posted by Blulu
    I find room 1 easy and quickest by far usually completing in 10 secs or less - room 2 takes over a minute longer than that because of the "looking around time" and even the quickest people struggle to complete room 3 in less than 40 secs.
    Internet goodness 25580
    • telmealing
    • By telmealing 11th Nov 18, 11:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    telmealing
    comp not working
    Could not enter today, put my details on the entry form, but they disappeared and went back to empty box, this was using chrome
    Also tried on firefox but had the same problem
    First time this has happened in years
    I noticed there is are no comments for today so has anyone else had the same problem ?
    Thanks
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 12th Nov 18, 9:28 AM
    • 5,707 Posts
    • 99,703 Thanks
    Blulu
    Could not enter today, put my details on the entry form, but they disappeared and went back to empty box, this was using chrome
    Also tried on firefox but had the same problem
    First time this has happened in years
    I noticed there is are no comments for today so has anyone else had the same problem ?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by telmealing
    It's working fine for me, using Chrome.

Blu X
    • K9lara
    • By K9lara 15th Nov 18, 10:01 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 672 Thanks
    K9lara
    What is the symbol with a cross in room 3? Looks like a church? I can't find it ...
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 15th Nov 18, 10:06 AM
    • 5,707 Posts
    • 99,703 Thanks
    Blulu
    What is the symbol with a cross in room 3? Looks like a church? I can't find it ...
    Originally posted by K9lara
    I think you're looking for Imperial Red, one of the 4 pics on the back wall.

Blu X
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,553Posts Today

6,815Users online

Martin's Twitter