Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mumto2boys
    • By mumto2boys 22nd Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    • 6,683Posts
    • 630,658Thanks
    mumto2boys
    E: 31/01 Win 5000 or instant win prizes with Hobgoblin (daily)
    • 22nd Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    E: 31/01 Win 5000 or instant win prizes with Hobgoblin (daily) 22nd Sep 18 at 5:43 PM
    https://thehobgoblininn.wychwood-competitions.com/

posted in daily thread by chez_when

Not open to Northern Ireland.

3 entries per day, per person, per email address.
Page 2
    • Diomedia
    • By Diomedia 30th Sep 18, 10:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Diomedia
    I have been trying to finish the final room (Banquet Hall) all week. I understand the process - I can see the clues etc. However I enter the 4 didget code and always loose a life. For example I click on the suitcase, it gives the voodoo doll as a clue, vodoo doll is then clicked on and say 6754 for example. I go back and enter it into the suitcase and nothing - I just loose a life. What on earth am I doing wrong?! It's so frustrating.
    • dontone
    • By dontone 1st Oct 18, 11:38 AM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 14,298 Thanks
    dontone
    I have been trying to finish the final room (Banquet Hall) all week. I understand the process - I can see the clues etc. However I enter the 4 didget code and always loose a life. For example I click on the suitcase, it gives the voodoo doll as a clue, vodoo doll is then clicked on and say 6754 for example. I go back and enter it into the suitcase and nothing - I just loose a life. What on earth am I doing wrong?! It's so frustrating.
    Originally posted by Diomedia
    It has been a bit glitchy. This morning, the briefcase clue didn't even show up, but I took a guess and clicked on the right clue. Paid off - won a t-shirt lol.
    Try it today, it might have corrected itself.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Simon Green
    • By Simon Green 2nd Oct 18, 12:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    Simon Green
    New to comping and just won two brewery tour tickets on this game. Trying to figure out the 3rd room now. Some of the symbols are quite difficult to workout.
    Thanks to the original poster.
    Si
    • mclarkie
    • By mclarkie 2nd Oct 18, 4:27 PM
    • 6,446 Posts
    • 1,050,732 Thanks
    mclarkie
    Just won two Halloween hats on room 2
    • CAZBEAR
    • By CAZBEAR 4th Oct 18, 11:12 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 1,347 Thanks
    CAZBEAR
    Cracked it today and in the draw !!! Thanks for posting, will keep trying for an instant prize
    Best headline ever on local paper??

"Weight loss group doubles in size"
    • dontone
    • By dontone 5th Oct 18, 1:36 PM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 14,298 Thanks
    dontone
    Anybody come across that clue that seems to be a star on top of a building in the banquet room.
    Seen it for the first time today, and it completely got me.
    Anybody know what it could be?
    Ta muchly.
    Be lucky
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, 250 Reward Your thirst, 500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

• writi0102
    • By writi0102 5th Oct 18, 5:11 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    writi0102
    i think that was for the trophy at the top of the bar next to deer head
    2014 Wins - Bad Grandpa dvd - 4 Duck legs from an online butchers - A great christmas onesie - A new laptop computer!
    2015 Wins - Smartphone, 3000 crossword prize.
    2018 wins - 2000 , Ipad
    • dontone
    • By dontone 13th Oct 18, 10:31 AM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 14,298 Thanks
    dontone
    Apologies for bumping up, but 2 clues are driving me nuts.

First one is a crown. (tried Imperial pic, but didn't work)
    The second is a star that's on top of some kind of building.
    Anybody got any ideas?

got so far,
    fishing hook - fish on the table.
    Vampire teeth - bottle of vampire's blood/beer
    tea bag - box of tea on the floor
    doll - voodoo on chair
    cards - deck of cards on table
    trophy - trophy at the top of the bar
    deer horns - ^^^
    Tankard - hanging up at bar
    Dartboard - on wall - that one is a b*gg*r
    Various beer pics on wall. The holding neck/hairdryer clue is the pic of the bloke with the tongue hanging out.
    Witch's hat - blackwych pic near clock.
    skull - on table
    mask - on wall near bar
    traffic cone - near bar
    Boar - boar bottle on table.
    Barrel - on right side table.
    I forgot about the arrow next to the deer's head......ooops

Can't think of any others atm. Please feel free to add to it. And if anybody knows those other clues, please bung them on here.
    Thanks muchly
    Be Lucky.
    Last edited by dontone; 13-10-2018 at 3:11 PM.

• Skilos
    • By Skilos 13th Oct 18, 12:59 PM
    • 850 Posts
    • 10,465 Thanks
    Skilos
    Star - the trophy
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 13th Oct 18, 2:53 PM
    • 19,673 Posts
    • 1,113,466 Thanks
    Daphne01
    I have no clue what I'm doing in room 3 I click on items but don't know which goes with witch. I can't find a star or a witches hat from the clues above either.

My brain hurts lol
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• dontone
    • By dontone 13th Oct 18, 3:09 PM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 14,298 Thanks
    dontone
    I have no clue what I'm doing in room 3 I click on items but don't know which goes with witch. I can't find a star or a witches hat from the clues above either.

My brain hurts lol
    Originally posted by Daphne01
    Okay, here's what you do.

You have to find a key to open the prize safe and go into the 5K draw.
    So, look round the room, there are things to open. These are the following...

The guitar case on the chair
    The chest on the floor
    The suitcase next to the chest
    The clock on the wall
    The book on the table right in front of you.
    The safe right at the back next to the bar
    And, its a small picture inbetween the dartboard & the safe.

Okay - right. Click on the guitar case. There will be a bit of waffle, and a picture. The picture is what you want to match up with with an item in the room. So, say it's the traffic lights/cone pic. There is a traffic cone right in front of the bar, you can't miss it. Click on the cone, and it will give you a 4 digit code.
    Go back to the guitar case, and use the clicker thing to work the numbers i.e if 1234 was on the cone, that's the number to put in.
    Hopefully, it will say 'you have found part of a key'. then on to the next box. Get all the key parts, and you've done it.
    HTH
    Be Lucky

• Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 14th Oct 18, 11:10 AM
    • 19,673 Posts
    • 1,113,466 Thanks
    Daphne01

The chest on the floor
    The clock on the wall

Okay - right. Click on the guitar case. There will be a bit of waffle, and a picture. The picture is what you want to match up with with an item in the room. So, say it's the traffic lights/cone pic. There is a traffic cone right in front of the bar, you can't miss it. Click on the cone, and it will give you a 4 digit code.
    Go back to the guitar case, and use the clicker thing to work the numbers i.e if 1234 was on the cone, that's the number to put in.
    Hopefully, it will say 'you have found part of a key'. then on to the next box. Get all the key parts, and you've done it.
    HTH
    Be Lucky
    Originally posted by dontone
    Thanks, will have another go today

• telmealing
    • By telmealing 14th Oct 18, 12:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    telmealing
    E: 31/01 Win 5000 or instant win prizes with Hobgoblin (daily)
    This is one of the most difficult comps i have come across
    Got to the 3rd room but impossible to find the codes despite following the instructions
    Any help appreciated
    • matthius23
    • By matthius23 14th Oct 18, 1:06 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 4,205 Thanks
    matthius23
    This is one of the most difficult comps i have come across
    Got to the 3rd room but impossible to find the codes despite following the instructions
    Any help appreciated
    Originally posted by telmealing
    After a few runs, the 3rd room is actually the easiest.

The chest on the floor
    The clock on the wall
    And, its a small picture in between the dartboard & the safe.

Each of these needs a code to unlock them, and will give you a clue as to where the code is - eg: if it shows a fish hook - click on the fish on the table to get the code. If it shows a tea bag, click on the box of tea to get the code. If it shows a fiddle/bow, click on the framed picture of the fiddler on the far wall etc.
    ...and the Spurs go marching on.
    • purple45
    • By purple45 14th Oct 18, 1:46 PM
    • 2,405 Posts
    • 142,096 Thanks
    purple45
    I have a list of the above places where the keys are hidden (as listed in previous posts) and work my way through it.

This is a rough list of where codes are hidden and clues given but I've already done it this morning so this is just from memory!

1. Witch picture on wall next to clock (clue will be a witch reference)
    2. Antlers at top behind bars (clue will be antlers)
    3. Rams skull on wall (clue is rams skull)
    4. Japanese figure on wall
    5. Gargoyle on table (clue is gargoyle but makes me think of batman!)
    6. Fish on table (fishhook)
    7. Voodoo Doll on chair
    8. Cards on table (clue can be just a diamond symbol)
    9. Hobgoblin Beer barrel on table on right
    10. Vampire blood is one of the bottles on table on right next to wine glass (clue is vampire teeth)
    11. Teabags box on floor (clue is teabags but I thought it was luggage labels, seemed obvious once I knew!)
    12. Boar Bottle on table on left
    13. Snow Belle one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue snowflake and bell)
    14. Dry Neck one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue head and hairdryer)
    14. Fiddler one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue is fiddle bow)
    15. Imperial Red one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue is some kind of crown/cross symbol)
    16. Arrow above bar near deer head
    17. Traffic cone on floor by bar (clue traffic lights etc)
    18. Tankard hanging above bar (overflowing beer glass)
    19 Dart board (clue is number 180) The code is the darts in clockwise direction. But you have to take into account if the dart is placed in the double/treble area!
    20 Trophy on top of bar

If I remember any others I'll amend/add! If anything doesn't make sense feel free to email me as I might not check back here.
    Last edited by purple45; 15-10-2018 at 9:29 AM.
    Many thanks to everyone who posts competitions and works so hard to provide all the answers!
    Best wins this year so far: 100 Hobbycraft Voucher, 50 cash, GoPro Camera
    • Daphne01
    • By Daphne01 18th Oct 18, 7:36 PM
    • 19,673 Posts
    • 1,113,466 Thanks
    Daphne01

The chest on the floor
    The clock on the wall

HTH
    Be Lucky
    Originally posted by dontone
    thank you, I didn't realise about the other little pics on the code enter images, I've eventually got through the final room

• stressedofdevon
    • By stressedofdevon 22nd Oct 18, 9:36 AM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 7,828 Thanks
    stressedofdevon
    After relaxing and thinking I knew what all the clues were the last few days I had an unusual one this morning and lost all my lives. Looked like a splatter of liquid so guessed it was vampire blood but that wasn't correct. If anyone finds an answer for it please post here.
    • gouldie7
    • By gouldie7 23rd Oct 18, 2:01 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 372 Thanks
    gouldie7
    After relaxing and thinking I knew what all the clues were the last few days I had an unusual one this morning and lost all my lives. Looked like a splatter of liquid so guessed it was vampire blood but that wasn't correct. If anyone finds an answer for it please post here.
    Originally posted by stressedofdevon

That's the one mentioned above where the clue doesn't display - happened to me a few times - have to guess an object and put the number in...
    I... left... my.... heart innnnnn San Francisco
    • mummy2threeboys
    • By mummy2threeboys 24th Oct 18, 9:39 AM
    • 888 Posts
    • 12,760 Thanks
    mummy2threeboys
    That's the one mentioned above where the clue doesn't display - happened to me a few times - have to guess an object and put the number in...
    Originally posted by gouldie7
    Pretty sure that is Boars blood there is a bottle at the very back table laying down x
    Compers challenge 27/70
    1805/2018
    • dontone
    • By dontone 24th Oct 18, 1:09 PM
    • 4,346 Posts
    • 14,298 Thanks
    dontone
    Originally posted by stressedofdevon
    Is that where you click the suitcase? If so, someone has complained about that on FB, because it's a known glitch.
    Like others have said, it's a case of guessing which clue it is.
    Be Lucky.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

246Posts Today

1,183Users online

Martin's Twitter