Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • coastertoaster
    • By coastertoaster 15th Sep 18, 10:13 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 2Thanks
    coastertoaster
    Backdating universal credit work capability
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:13 PM
    Backdating universal credit work capability 15th Sep 18 at 10:13 PM
    Daughter was referred for her work capability assessment on 21st June. She has had her assessment and the decision is that she fits into the limited capability and so she will get the higher payment added to her universal credit. The decision letter on her journal says it will be backdated? When will it be dated to?
Page 1
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 16th Sep 18, 12:07 AM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 1,232 Thanks
    Brynsam
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:07 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:07 AM
    I think you probably need to contact whoever sent the decision letter to be certain of the right answer.
    • Ames
    • By Ames 16th Sep 18, 12:48 AM
    • 17,692 Posts
    • 31,269 Thanks
    Ames
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:48 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:48 AM
    The way to contact UC is through her online journal.

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions, I don't know enough about how UC differs from ESA.

Has she been found to have limited capability for work, or limited capability for work related activity?

If it's just limited capability for work then I don't think she gets any extra money.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • coastertoaster
    • By coastertoaster 16th Sep 18, 5:57 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    coastertoaster
    • 16th Sep 18, 5:57 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 5:57 AM
    Her decision was limited for work related activity, she doesn't have look for work or attend any support activities. I guess it is a case of waiting till they contact me / daughter again through her journal. I have a authority to deal with her affairs due to the reasons why the decision was made. It is obviously all new to me.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Sep 18, 8:29 AM
    • 3,762 Posts
    • 3,583 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 16th Sep 18, 8:29 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 8:29 AM
    LCWRA element of UC isn't payable for the first 3 months, so if the decision took longer than this money will be backdated from the 3rd month.
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Long-term-health-condition-or-disability-Universal-Credit
    • coastertoaster
    • By coastertoaster 16th Sep 18, 9:44 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    coastertoaster
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:44 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:44 AM
    LCWRA element of UC isn't payable for the first 3 months, so if the decision took longer than this money will be backdated from the 3rd month.
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Long-term-health-condition-or-disability-Universal-Credit
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Thanks Poppy, so basically the first 3 months of UC she got will be at the 251 and any after that will be at the LCWRA rate. Any between these will be backdated? Makes sense. Many thanks.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Sep 18, 9:52 AM
    • 3,762 Posts
    • 3,583 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:52 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 9:52 AM
    Thanks Poppy, so basically the first 3 months of UC she got will be at the 251 and any after that will be at the LCWRA rate. Any between these will be backdated? Makes sense. Many thanks.
    Originally posted by coastertoaster
    Yes, that's correct.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,535Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin