Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amberstone99
    • By amberstone99 15th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    amberstone99
    Part exchange houses
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    Part exchange houses 15th Sep 18 at 4:29 PM
    Does anyone know of a like for like in value of a part exchange deal in buying a new build house from a builder where you can exchange the value of your current property for a new build of the same value without money changing hands? Some builders offer 100% but they actually mean they will give you 100% of the value of your current property but in fact they have a 70/ 30 differential where you have to upgrade to a property much more expensive
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 15th Sep 18, 5:26 PM
    • 9,053 Posts
    • 9,640 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 15th Sep 18, 5:26 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 5:26 PM
    I don't think that's likely to exist - they afford the expense/risk of doing the part exchange because of the profit they make out of the new property.
    • jennhg88
    • By jennhg88 15th Sep 18, 8:24 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    jennhg88
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:24 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:24 PM
    Unlikely. Needs to be worth their while.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin