Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • comments occasionally
    • By comments occasionally 15th Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 12Thanks
    comments occasionally
    euro car parks sainsburys
    • 15th Sep 18, 3:50 PM
    euro car parks sainsburys 15th Sep 18 at 3:50 PM
    Hi,
    I have received a 'notice to keeper' by post (charge being 40/70) for parking in sainsburys 9 days ago for 30 mins beyond 'allowed stay' of 2 hours. I was shopping at the end of that period and have receipt timed at 6 mins before.
    Evidence provided is number plate photos as I entered and left. I am a very regular customer, usually only shopping there. They were very busy that morning and short staffed so took ages to pay after ages queuing at customer services to return item.
    Have I any chance of cancelling this?
    Advice welcomed.
    Thanks.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 15th Sep 18, 4:02 PM
    • 19,930 Posts
    • 25,220 Thanks
    Redx
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:02 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:02 PM
    probably

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near ther top of this forum

complain to the retailer, preferably their CEO at head office, with proof of patronage

and make sure any appeal to ECP themselves is as keeper, using the blue text appeal , plus ensuring it is made within their 28 day window for appeals

do NOT reveal who was driving, so no blabbing
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 18, 4:11 PM
    • 20,257 Posts
    • 31,958 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:11 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:11 PM
    Hit Sainsburys hard. Their staff shortages and queues seem to have been causative factors. You can try your local manager (not CS fob-off desk) as he/she should be aware of the problems caused that day.

Take receipts for the day, back copies of receipts/bank/cc statements, your Nectar card, proving regular patronage and ask the manager to intervene on behalf of a very regular customer.

If that doesn't work, then it's a written escalation to the CEO - he will no doubt appreciate the critical importance of regular customers when company bottom-lines are at stake.

I'd tell either of the above that since the shock of receiving this you have taken the opportunity to visit Morrisons and you were so surprised at the quality of their products and how much cheaper they are than Sainsburys .....!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 4:16 PM
    • 32,963 Posts
    • 20,754 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:16 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:16 PM
    Yes try writing to the store manager, it could work.
    • comments occasionally
    • By comments occasionally 15th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    comments occasionally
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a go on Monday. I'm sure quite a few of the staff will recognise me. and i squirrel receipts for ages..
    If not, I'll write to CEO..
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 15th Sep 18, 5:48 PM
    • 37,945 Posts
    • 22,057 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 15th Sep 18, 5:48 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 5:48 PM
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,307Posts Today

8,991Users online

Martin's Twitter