IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

euro car parks sainsburys

Hi,
I have received a 'notice to keeper' by post (charge being £40/70) for parking in sainsburys 9 days ago for 30 mins beyond 'allowed stay' of 2 hours. I was shopping at the end of that period and have receipt timed at 6 mins before.
Evidence provided is number plate photos as I entered and left. I am a very regular customer, usually only shopping there. They were very busy that morning and short staffed so took ages to pay after ages queuing at customer services to return item.
Have I any chance of cancelling this?
Advice welcomed.
Thanks.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    probably

read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near ther top of this forum

complain to the retailer, preferably their CEO at head office, with proof of patronage

and make sure any appeal to ECP themselves is as keeper, using the blue text appeal , plus ensuring it is made within their 28 day window for appeals

do NOT reveal who was driving, so no blabbing
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hit Sainsburys hard. Their staff shortages and queues seem to have been causative factors. You can try your local manager (not CS fob-off desk) as he/she should be aware of the problems caused that day.

Take receipts for the day, back copies of receipts/bank/cc statements, your Nectar card, proving regular patronage and ask the manager to intervene on behalf of a very regular customer.

If that doesn't work, then it's a written escalation to the CEO - he will no doubt appreciate the critical importance of regular customers when company bottom-lines are at stake.

I'd tell either of the above that since the shock of receiving this you have taken the opportunity to visit Morrisons and you were so surprised at the quality of their products and how much cheaper they are than Sainsburys .....! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Yes try writing to the store manager, it could work.
  • Thanks, I'll give it a go on Monday. I'm sure quite a few of the staff will recognise me. and i squirrel receipts for ages..
    If not, I'll write to CEO..
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income