Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Turtle6
    • By Turtle6 15th Sep 18, 12:17 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Turtle6
    Energy company confusion
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:17 PM
    Energy company confusion 15th Sep 18 at 12:17 PM
    We had been with Ovo for about 4 years, so when my energy contract was up for renewal I thought I would hunt around to see what else was available on the market.

I was currently paying around 90 Ovo, and when I saw British Gas offering a deal for 60 on a comparison site for our current usage, they proved the cheapest so I signed up.

Too cut a long story short, 7 months after starting the contract the bills are suggesting we are paying around 100 per month. After querying it with British Gas themselves they insist they have charged us correctly having checked with the smart meter (which was installed 3 weeks ago), although nothing has changed in our house.

How can this be?

I have an ongoing complaint with them, as I feel I shouldn't pay the extra money. Something has gone wrong, maybe I was misled in the beginning, but I am struggling to find the answers.
Page 1
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 16th Sep 18, 10:28 AM
    • 1,639 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    • 16th Sep 18, 10:28 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 10:28 AM
    Try posting on the Energy forum
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 17th Sep 18, 11:18 AM
    • 9,178 Posts
    • 22,016 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 17th Sep 18, 11:18 AM
    • 17th Sep 18, 11:18 AM
    Hi Turtle6, I've moved this over to the Energy board for you, where you should get some more comments.

If you're looking for more help with your bills our Energy Bills explained guide should help.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 17th Sep 18, 11:52 AM
    • 10,946 Posts
    • 4,696 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 17th Sep 18, 11:52 AM
    • 17th Sep 18, 11:52 AM
    Original 90 pm .
    Prices have generally gone up .
    New 60 pm .
    60 pm is not a total its an estimate and looks like the estimate was wrong .

Do you know your usage and tariff charges ??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,621Posts Today

8,089Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin