Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • EMMAB81
    • By EMMAB81 15th Sep 18, 12:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 3Thanks
    EMMAB81
    Credit Score 0
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:07 PM
    Credit Score 0 15th Sep 18 at 12:07 PM
    I went back on to Experian today for the first time in several months and was shocked to see my score as 0. I am not sure how to get out of this or best way of building my credit file up. i have a few defaults on file. Mainly small so i am thinking of paying these off in full. Some only have a year left on. If i pay them off in full will they still be removed in a year or will they remain on for 6 years from me paying these off? I also have a larger one which i am not currently in a position to pay at the moment. This will only has 6 months left. Shall i try and pay off in full or ride that one out?

Last year i had a CCJ on file. This was removed as i paid within the 28 days but since then it seems my credit score seems to have been constantly getting worst even though nothing new is showing on my file. A lot has dropped off my file since the cci was removed but my credit file still doesn't seem to be getting any better. Feels like I'm on a uphill battle constant with it.

Also i found out i have not been added to the electoral services by equifax even though the local council has me down. The council passed on my electoral roll number which i gave to experian but they are saying the addresses dont match up 100% and there having to look into this. I know this is also having a negative effect on my file but surely that cant be holding it back that much.

I have been knocked back on a lot of credit and now am giving up.

Coincidently my business credit is good. Just been given a 40,000 finance loan for a new vehicle, computer finance, hotel finance.
Page 1
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 15th Sep 18, 12:15 PM
    • 9,513 Posts
    • 14,641 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:15 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:15 PM
    No one but you see's your "score", it's just a made up number. Credit providers do see your payment history and it's this that drives the decision to grant credit or not. A track record of not paying your bills will count against you massively.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 12:40 PM
    • 32,556 Posts
    • 20,486 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:40 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:40 PM
    Is everything ok with Call credit/Noddle ?
    • EMMAB81
    • By EMMAB81 15th Sep 18, 12:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    EMMAB81
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:55 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:55 PM
    Is everything ok with Call credit/Noddle ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79

Funny enough just checked with equifax and my score on there is 475 and call credit 478.
    • EMMAB81
    • By EMMAB81 15th Sep 18, 12:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    EMMAB81
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:57 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:57 PM
    No one but you see's your "score", it's just a made up number. Credit providers do see your payment history and it's this that drives the decision to grant credit or not. A track record of not paying your bills will count against you massively.
    Originally posted by worried jim
    thanks for the reply. i understand somewhat that the numbers itself doesn't really help in decisions, but i just wonder why it would be 0 as in terms of that there must be an issue somewhere. i know i have a few defaults but i had several more than this a few months ago and my score was up in the 300s
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 15th Sep 18, 2:46 PM
    • 1,457 Posts
    • 1,105 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 15th Sep 18, 2:46 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 2:46 PM
    i have a few defaults on file. Mainly small so i am thinking of paying these off in full. Some only have a year left on. If i pay them off in full will they still be removed in a year or will they remain on for 6 years from me paying these off?

Originally posted by EMMAB81
    All your defaults will be removed from your file six years from the dates of the defaults.

What personal credit have you been turned down for? The only lenders that you would have a chance of being eligible for, would be with sub-prime credit cards. But given the fact you are still paying off your defaults, is it wise at this moment in time, to be looking for further credit?

Edit: And welcome to the forum EMMAB81
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 15th Sep 18, 3:09 PM
    • 2,090 Posts
    • 1,172 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 15th Sep 18, 3:09 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 3:09 PM
    Ignore your score. It’s not somewhat not helpful or useful but completely useless and not helpful.

Can you see all your accounts on Experian with the correct details - balances, limits, defaults etc?

If so then you have nothing to worry about
    • Dandytf
    • By Dandytf 15th Sep 18, 5:12 PM
    • 1,503 Posts
    • 434 Thanks
    Dandytf
    • 15th Sep 18, 5:12 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 5:12 PM
    @emmab81

congrats on beating my previous experian score of 52.
    light hearted humour no harm intended.
    Think I've manged to get 3xx range
    sc dmp 2012 13k Jan 2018 8840 paid. 60% approx.
    Mid 2018 Help2save 50 uk pounds per month
    Mid 2018-Virgin Money E-saver V11 -250+50 uk pounds per month
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 6:18 PM
    • 32,556 Posts
    • 20,486 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Sep 18, 6:18 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 6:18 PM
    Funny enough just checked with equifax and my score on there is 475 and call credit 478.

That shows you that the scores mean nothing.
    • Mr Underwriter
    • By Mr Underwriter 17th Sep 18, 2:56 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mr Underwriter
    I went back on to Experian today for the first time in several months and was shocked to see my score as 0. I am not sure how to get out of this or best way of building my credit file up. i have a few defaults on file. Mainly small so i am thinking of paying these off in full. Some only have a year left on. If i pay them off in full will they still be removed in a year or will they remain on for 6 years from me paying these off? I also have a larger one which i am not currently in a position to pay at the moment. This will only has 6 months left. Shall i try and pay off in full or ride that one out?

Last year i had a CCJ on file. This was removed as i paid within the 28 days but since then it seems my credit score seems to have been constantly getting worst even though nothing new is showing on my file. A lot has dropped off my file since the cci was removed but my credit file still doesn't seem to be getting any better. Feels like I'm on a uphill battle constant with it.

Also i found out i have not been added to the electoral services by equifax even though the local council has me down. The council passed on my electoral roll number which i gave to experian but they are saying the addresses dont match up 100% and there having to look into this. I know this is also having a negative effect on my file but surely that cant be holding it back that much.

Coincidently my business credit is good. Just been given a 40,000 finance loan for a new vehicle, computer finance, hotel finance.

It's indicative only, other variables need to be included.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

69Posts Today

2,433Users online

Martin's Twitter