Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dori2o
    • By dori2o 15th Sep 18, 11:54 AM
    • 7,712Posts
    • 12,910Thanks
    dori2o
    Microsoft PowerPoint tax calculator
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:54 AM
    Microsoft PowerPoint tax calculator 15th Sep 18 at 11:54 AM
    I've never used powers PPS before, but I'm eager to learn, I need something to put in my personal development plan at work, and I'm wondering if I could use it to create a basic tax calculator.

The idea is that the user would be able to list their income, any reliefs they are due, and indicate if they receive marriage allowance or transfer the allowance to their spouse.

It would then need to generate a visual calculation.

I already have an excel spreadsheet which does this for UK and Scottish tax rates but want to develop a PowerApp to do the same.

Many thanks
    To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 15th Sep 18, 1:37 PM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 886 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 15th Sep 18, 1:37 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 1:37 PM
    You may do better just to embed the spreadsheet and change its colours or whatever to match the rest of the slide, otherwise you're just complicating things when you already have a spreadsheet that does the job.

See here:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29810789/interactive-excel-worksheet-in-powerpoint
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 15th Sep 18, 2:42 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 2,120 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 15th Sep 18, 2:42 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 2:42 PM
    I've never used powers PPS before, but I'm eager to learn, I need something to put in my personal development plan at work, and I'm wondering if I could use it to create a basic tax calculator.
    Originally posted by dori2o
    Just spent ages working out what you mean. Could it be POWERAPPS?
    • Geodark
    • By Geodark 15th Sep 18, 3:35 PM
    • 840 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Geodark
    • 15th Sep 18, 3:35 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 3:35 PM
    They state PowerPoint the title. Power point is designed for giving presentations. Why would you want to use it to calculate anything? This isn't what its for. It's like buying a plate when all you eat is soup.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 15th Sep 18, 7:44 PM
    • 20,949 Posts
    • 16,732 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 15th Sep 18, 7:44 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 7:44 PM
    Just spent ages working out what you mean. Could it be POWERAPPS?
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk

Probably, given that in the OP it says...

...but want to develop a PowerApp to do the same.

But anyway...

They state PowerPoint the title. Power point is designed for giving presentations. Why would you want to use it to calculate anything? This isn't what its for. It's like buying a plate when all you eat is soup.
    Originally posted by Geodark

I'd have to agree, PP seems just about the least appropriate MS Office software to use to do this.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 16th Sep 18, 8:45 AM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 886 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 16th Sep 18, 8:45 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 8:45 AM
    You can do the entire VBA/Macro things in Powerpoint (though by default its well hidden) but its kind of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut sort of thing when there's a perfectly good spreadsheet that can be embedded already.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 16th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 2,120 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 16th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 16th Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    Probably, given that in the OP it says... .
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    .......but want to develop a PowerApp to do the same.
    Agreed but in the title it states Microsoft PowerPoint tax calculator, an easy mistake to make!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,102Posts Today

8,517Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin