Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Charliebar84
    • By Charliebar84 15th Sep 18, 11:34 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Charliebar84
    Lowell chasing for money
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:34 AM
    Lowell chasing for money 15th Sep 18 at 11:34 AM
    Hi all.

I owed talk talk a payment of £202 which I failed to pay as I had moved.

This was then sold to Lowell. After ignoring a few letters I got a letter offering me a discount (which Iíve now thrown away 😡&#128545 I accepted the £60 discount and paid Lowell the outstanding amount.

I received another letter today thanking me for paying and stating I still owe £60.78.

As I took the discount I assumed the debt to be closed.

Iíve emailed them stating this but donít know what I can do to prove it as Iíve already thrown the discount letter out.

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Sep 18, 11:40 AM
    • 15,252 Posts
    • 14,354 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:40 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:40 AM
    Hi,

This is why its essential to ascertain exactly what you are paying before you pay it, its always best to confirm with them first so there are no situations such as this, popping up.

However, in your favor, Lowell are a big organization, with many different departments, one does not always know what the other has proposed, once they talk to each other, they will know if such a letter was sent to you, and that should clear the matter up.

You have done the right thing in complaining to them.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Charliebar84
    • By Charliebar84 15th Sep 18, 11:45 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charliebar84
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:45 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:45 AM
    Thanks Sourcrates.

I stupidly just did a bank transfer without speaking to anyone. I had a pretty full on week last week so didn’t have much spare time to hang around on the phone.

Hopefully it’ll work in my favour and be one less worry for me
    • Charliebar84
    • By Charliebar84 20th Sep 18, 12:24 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charliebar84
    • 20th Sep 18, 12:24 PM
    • 20th Sep 18, 12:24 PM
    Just a quick update.

I heard nothing back from the email I sent but today I received a letter saying thanks for the payment and once itís cleared then my account is settled and will be closed.
    • David848435
    • By David848435 20th Sep 18, 12:46 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    David848435
    • 20th Sep 18, 12:46 PM
    • 20th Sep 18, 12:46 PM
    As long as you have in writing the confirmation account is settled and closed, all good.
    • Charliebar84
    • By Charliebar84 20th Sep 18, 1:47 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charliebar84
    • 20th Sep 18, 1:47 PM
    • 20th Sep 18, 1:47 PM
    Yep. Iím keeping this letter safe as to not be caught out
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

3,839Users online

Martin's Twitter