Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 8:39 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jezshaw
    MSE faulse offers
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:39 AM
    MSE faulse offers 15th Sep 18 at 8:39 AM
    Hi
    Back in August I saw martin promote a BT superfast fibre broadband deal, and it included BT sport through the phone app. This was a main reason why I decided to go with this offer. I bought this deal going through MSE finally got my internet installed and up and running. But the BT sport app isn't working, I rang bt customer services up after being passed about on the phone for an hour I finally got told I do not have the BT sport app on my deal. ??? Why was it advertised with this feature but then not supplied???
    I've just been looking through your website broadband deals through BT. with the broardband packages that give the simlar deals with BT sport app when I click on the "get deal" button to take me to BT sight that offer then is not included
    Why is this please??
    I failed to notice that I was being miss informed when I bought my board band package and that was 1 of the main reasons why I went with that deal.
    Ive emailed theough links ect To try and speak to any1 about this try get answers or tell me i have misunderstood but no response
Page 2
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 15th Sep 18, 12:51 PM
    • 22,848 Posts
    • 57,343 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    This is the offer from 15/08 email -- BT (50Mb) Ends Thu.
    Originally posted by steveE2
    When did you order? As someone else points out, that offer ended on Thurs 16th Aug.
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 12:56 PM
    • 10,957 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    JJ Egan I'm not sure how to put links in on these messages,
    But the 7 that do have the BT sport in the deal when you click on the link to get that deal, you get redirected to BT website where that part of the deal (BT Spory) is no longer on that deal
    Originally posted by Jezshaw

Those 7 i posted are on the BT web site.
    First one i click on says .
    BT Sport free for 18 month ADD ticked REMOVE not ticked.That is the actual BT Order page not MSE .

Aside from the fact that its not August and prices change weekly it looks like you have done something wrong .You also had 14 days to check and cancel .
    MSE error possible but it would have been flagged up well before now .
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 15th Sep 18, 12:57 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Yes I would have left within the 14 days
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:58 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    Its not the price i have an issue with. Its all the deal that show the BT sport part of the deal has gone when you click on the link
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 15th Sep 18, 1:17 PM
    • 1,200 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    steveE2
    One question:
    Did you place your order on the 15th or 16th of August?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 1:23 PM
    • 10,957 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Its not the price i have an issue with. Its all the deal that show the BT sport part of the deal has gone when you click on the link

As said deal not gone when you click on the link .
    Here it is on RH side of the page .

<<FREE for 18 months >>

But once again its not August .
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 1:25 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    I placed my order on the 13th of August.
    I can't see what I have done wrong I simply followed instructions on the MSE sight
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 1:27 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    JJ Egan could you put link up to where you ended up with it please as every time.e I do it I end up with the same conclusion
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 2:04 PM
    • 10,957 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    JJ Egan could you put link up to where you ended up with it please as every time.e I do it I end up with the same conclusion

Bearing in mind that this is September and prices are not relevant to August .
    Using your postcode.
    BB Unbundled tool .
    BT
    https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/add-tv-extras/
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 2:16 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    The price is not the issue, and me purchasing in August and now September the same fault is still on There.
    On that link no where does it say you get free BT sports. It says, skip sport and tv, or you can add it for half price for 18 months through sky. Was 12 now 6. My point is the link you on MSE that redirects you to the BT site, it does say + free BT sport.
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 2:21 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    Sorry it says + BT Sport not +free BT Sport
    But either way putting it in the title does lead you to Think it is included in the deal
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 4:04 PM
    • 10,957 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Going around in circles .
    Click through says
    Add BT Sport and default setting is

Free for 18 months

Free BT Sport has been added ( unless you removed it )

So your thread title is wrong as you are on a BT page for the offer that clearly has free BT Sport .
    Last edited by JJ Egan; 15-09-2018 at 5:02 PM.
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 5:08 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    I know it's fristrating. I wish I could send you pics over here, cos there is no where what so ever where it says add bt sport for free. That link you sent click on it and it takes me to the final check out page where I can add it for a payment of 6 a month but that's it. I can't see where I am going wrong
    Do you know of any phone numbers I can ring for customer service
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 5:24 PM
    • 32,556 Posts
    • 20,486 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Do you know of any phone numbers I can ring for customer service

The contact BT link at the bottom of the page would be a start. You have to choose an appropriate option for why your calling BT.
    Give the chat option a try.

Have you answered the question "What does your contract say " about what your plan includes ?
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 6:58 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    Been on the phone to BT for an hour and they say the same as me. You so not get it for free. I would have to pay another 4.50 per month for 18 months to get it, Very misleading advertising on behalf of MSE
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 7:35 PM
    • 32,556 Posts
    • 20,486 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Been on the phone to BT for an hour and they say the same as me. You so not get it for free. I would have to pay another 4.50 per month for 18 months to get it, Very misleading advertising on behalf of MSE

Was it false advertising from MSE or did they just advertise the information that was passed onto them.
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 8:01 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    Obviously I don't know that, or maybe they've just made a mistake. But the same mistake is still up on MSE, and has been to me misleading.
    And with what seems to be no customer services at MSE how do you make a complaint
    I thought Martin Lewis / MSE is supposed to save people money and show good deals, not offer deals that are not there.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 15th Sep 18, 8:31 PM
    • 9,014 Posts
    • 6,741 Thanks
    pmduk
    MSE doesn't carry advertising. It gives details of offers, it is then up to you to ensure you qualify for any offers.
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 8:51 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    I'm sure they will Work on a commission based scheme and not doing it for the love. More people that clicks their link is better for them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

4,185Users online

Martin's Twitter