Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 8:39 AM
    • 19Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jezshaw
    MSE faulse offers
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:39 AM
    MSE faulse offers 15th Sep 18 at 8:39 AM
    Hi
    Back in August I saw martin promote a BT superfast fibre broadband deal, and it included BT sport through the phone app. This was a main reason why I decided to go with this offer. I bought this deal going through MSE finally got my internet installed and up and running. But the BT sport app isn't working, I rang bt customer services up after being passed about on the phone for an hour I finally got told I do not have the BT sport app on my deal. ??? Why was it advertised with this feature but then not supplied???
    I've just been looking through your website broadband deals through BT. with the broardband packages that give the simlar deals with BT sport app when I click on the "get deal" button to take me to BT sight that offer then is not included
    Why is this please??
    I failed to notice that I was being miss informed when I bought my board band package and that was 1 of the main reasons why I went with that deal.
    Ive emailed theough links ect To try and speak to any1 about this try get answers or tell me i have misunderstood but no response
Page 1
    • Supatramp
    • By Supatramp 15th Sep 18, 9:44 AM
    • 388 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    Supatramp
    • 15th Sep 18, 9:44 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 9:44 AM
    Surely, you ascertained what you were and weren't getting with the deal?

Something I'm always very sure about when negotiating these deals is to get a confirmatory e-mail regarding the deal I'm signing up to.
    David.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 10:15 AM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:15 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:15 AM
    First step is to check what's actually on the posted offer .
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 10:48 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:48 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:48 AM
    It says 1 thing on MSE click on that link on that offer I assumed it would of kept with the same deal/ offers. I would of thought a sight like this with Martin being on tv trying to save you money wouldn't try and trick people.
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 11:00 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:00 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:00 AM
    Check yourself see if you can see where I'm going wrong? Go on
    Utilities and phones
    Broadband unbundled
    Post code (DN329SU) just so we get the same deals up
    Filter choose BT
    What comes up are the deals I get offered you can't click on them to see exactly what they offer through MSE.. Just takes you straight to BT website.
    Maybe I should of looked at things closer but hearing Martin say about it on tv and seeing it on his website I just assumed it was what I would get.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 11:31 AM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:31 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:31 AM
    Unless we see the actual August link its difficult to be sure . Or hear what was actually said on TV etc .
    The compare is just a comparison check its not MSE offers .
    Post the MSE offer link and forum members can check for you .

Looks to me like you heard/ saw a link to MSE offer but did not use that MSE link but a comparison site .

This is a users forum for users .
    If you want to complain use the MSE contact us .
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 15th Sep 18, 11:42 AM
    • 1,200 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    steveE2
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:42 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 11:42 AM
    What date in August did you place the order?
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:00 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:00 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:00 PM
    I understand it was August offer. And I can't show you that now or show you the tv clip, but simular offers are still on MSE with this BT sport deal. Have you checked it for yourself? Maybe if did you will see where I am coming from.
    I have tried to complain to me a but no response to my emails there are no phone number to speak to any1. I have spoke to BT but they dont want to know as its not their fault. This is why I am on here trying to get any advice, what is the forums for if it's not for trying to get help with issues
    I used this website MSE (No other) to get this deal no other! Like I said if you could maybe check for me where I am going wrong or if I'm right. I have put up instructions of what I do to get to where I am. Would only take you 2 mins
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 15th Sep 18, 12:05 PM
    • 9,014 Posts
    • 6,745 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:05 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:05 PM
    What we can't do is roll back the clock and repeat the transaction in August. Many deals are valid for very restricted periods only. Sorry.

Remember MSE offers a headline deal, what an individual is offered depends on other factors.
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 15th Sep 18, 12:06 PM
    • 1,200 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    steveE2
    Yes I did check it myself and asked for the date you placed the order,it will be on the confirmation email from BT, as that particular offer ended August 16th
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 12:07 PM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Repeat you are not pointing us to an actual link just a comparison site with September prices .

You say
    simular offers are still on MSE with this BT sport deal

Please show that offer and we can check .

Also what did you buy from BT as they have many services .
    ADSL fibre 1 fibre 2 etc

10 offers 5 with 5 without sport using your postcode and instructions .

https://broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/#search
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 15th Sep 18, 12:11 PM
    • 2,742 Posts
    • 1,362 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    The present BT fibre deals through MSE have various options, only about half of them include BT Sports on the Go. Obviously the cheapest present offer doesn't include this, so I suspect you just took the cheapest offer without actually checking what you were getting.

BTW the word 'false' doesn't have a 'u' in it.
    • steveE2
    • By steveE2 15th Sep 18, 12:12 PM
    • 1,200 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    steveE2
    This is the offer from 15/08 email

BT (50Mb) Ends Thu. '21.71/mth' over 18mth contract. You pay 9.99 upfront and 11/mth for b'band. To cut costs you can pay 208.80 for 1yr's line upfront, then 18.99/mth for the next 6mths. Do that, then claim and spend a 100 prepaid Mastercard and 40 M&S vch (don't forget) and the price is an equiv 21.71/mth. Pay line monthly and it's equiv 22.77/mth. BT Sport is also included for 18mths (2).
    (2) You can watch on a Sky TV box or on the BT Sport app/site - with the latter you can watch on a TV via an Apple TV device, Chromecast, HDMI lead etc.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/15-08-2018/
    Last edited by steveE2; 15-09-2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: email link added
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:20 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    I'm sorry for spelling mistakes, but that is what they are mistakes right or wrong you understood the word I was trying to get across.
    I don't know how to put links up on here this is why I haven't.
    Thank you to the people for checking. All the simlar offers on MSE what have the BT sport offer on them if you click on the link to buy that offer it then takes you to BT website were that part of the deal disappears.
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:24 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    Hi sorry not sure how to put links into these messages
    You say 5 have the option for the bt sport, if you choose any of them like you was going to buy it. You get directed to the BT website and the BT sport part is no longer on There
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Sep 18, 12:30 PM
    • 10,960 Posts
    • 4,701 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Repeat where are these offers ??

just post the link without http// www etc .

The link i posted to MSE comparison site ??

Affiliate deals Sept.
    https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/packages-a/?aff=

first 3 No BT sport
    next 7 include BT Sport .

Those prices are not 100% August prices .
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:36 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    JJ Egan I'm not sure how to put links in on these messages,
    But the 7 that do have the BT sport in the deal when you click on the link to get that deal, you get redirected to BT website where that part of the deal (BT Spory) is no longer on that deal
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:40 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/#search[/url]
    • Jezshaw
    • By Jezshaw 15th Sep 18, 12:41 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jezshaw
    productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/packages-a/?aff=&packageId=AFF-UBB-UWC-MoCo-Y&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vendor id=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&utm_campai gn=142489&awc=3041_1537011653_e746ce24cc5441fc3b20 3b9ce5c76454
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 12:49 PM
    • 32,563 Posts
    • 20,487 Thanks
    DCFC79
    productsandservices.bt.com/broadband/deals/packages-a/?aff=&packageId=AFF-UBB-UWC-MoCo-Y&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vendor id=AJM&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&utm_campai gn=142489&awc=3041_1537011653_e746ce24cc5441fc3b20 3b9ce5c76454
    Originally posted by Jezshaw

Clicky link

What does your contract say you signed up to ?

Its all fine and dandy showing us a link but as been said these are Septembers prices.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

2,679Users online

Martin's Twitter