Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jelv
    • By jelv 14th Sep 18, 10:36 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 11Thanks
    jelv
    Email from British Gas - GDPR violation?
    • 14th Sep 18, 10:36 PM
    Email from British Gas - GDPR violation? 14th Sep 18 at 10:36 PM
    I moved from British Gas to EDF in October last year.

This week I received an email from British Gas inviting me to join their fixed price unlimited energy tariff.

Surely BG should not be emailing me as I have not given them consent to contact me with marketing communications and I no longer have any commercial relationship with the company?
Page 1
    • lewisa
    • By lewisa 15th Sep 18, 12:36 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    lewisa
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:36 AM
    • 15th Sep 18, 12:36 AM
    I moved from British Gas to EDF in October last year.

This week I received an email from British Gas inviting me to join their fixed price unlimited energy tariff.

Surely BG should not be emailing me as I have not given them consent to contact me with marketing communications and I no longer have any commercial relationship with the company?
    Originally posted by jelv
    You're probably correct. I would appoint a lawyer and seek maximum damages for this horrific abuse of privacy. Be sure to have your evidence to prove never having clicked that life or death checkbox in the past.

Like really, get a grip. Just unsubscribe, block or ignore.
    Last edited by lewisa; 15-09-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,773Posts Today

8,500Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin