Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Timwads
    • By Timwads 14th Sep 18, 8:02 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Timwads
    Lease company paid fine now unable to appeal with ECP
    • 14th Sep 18, 8:02 PM
    Lease company paid fine now unable to appeal with ECP 14th Sep 18 at 8:02 PM
    Hi all-
    I have read thru Newbies section but cannot find reference to the following issue:

My car was parked in Sainsburys Walthamstow car park where there is a 90 min free period. We left the car park before the 90mins had expired.

My car is leased & I have just received an email from the lease company informing me that they have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks but they have already paid the fine & added a 12.50 admin fee. I therefore cannot access details of the PCN nor can I enter the car reg number to submit an appeal.

Apologies if this has a previous thread but would be grateful if someone could either advise or point me to relevant thread if known.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Sep 18, 8:34 PM
    • 19,865 Posts
    • 25,166 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Sep 18, 8:34 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 8:34 PM
    I do not believe they used the legal word "FINE" in their paperwork

check your agreement, it pay say fines and penalties but this is neither, hence the pedantry

they have not followed the BVRLA guidelines, and yes they can certainly pay it as they are the keeper, what they cannot do is pass it on to the hirer unless it specifically says so in their contract with the hirer (which I do not believe will be in there)

so the hirer can dispute it and do a chargeback if the hire co have charged them and dispute it

they paid, their problem, not the hirers , they should have followed POFA2012 and the BVRLA guidelines
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Sep 18, 8:49 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,454 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Sep 18, 8:49 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 8:49 PM
    Complain to Sainsburys CEO.

Complain to the lease firm for removing your right to appeal, and paying a contractual charge that is (probably) not covered in the t&cs of your lease, which (check them!) usually only state 'fines' and 'traffic offences' and 'penalties'. An unfair parking charge from ECP is none of these.

Dig out your lease terms and complain to the Lease Manager in a knowledgeable way.

To find threads where people have done this and NOT paid the lease firm for their mistake, search this forum for BVRLA and change the advanced search default to 'show results as posts' not 'threads' - and ONLY tick to search this forum, not the whole of MSE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 14th Sep 18, 9:52 PM
    • 4,339 Posts
    • 6,148 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:52 PM
    • 14th Sep 18, 9:52 PM
    Dig out your lease terms and complain to the Lease Manager in a knowledgeable way.
    Do this, and under no circumstances refer to it as a fine when dealing ith the lease company
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,407Posts Today

8,095Users online

Martin's Twitter