Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • moneybags1957
    • By moneybags1957 14th Sep 18, 5:58 PM
    • 89Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Buildings insurance new terms & conditions
    • #1
    • 14th Sep 18, 5:58 PM
    Buildings insurance new terms & conditions 14th Sep 18 at 5:58 PM
    My Churchill Buildings Insurance renewal came in and amendment to the T&C s seem to want to stop you using your own claims assesor.

    Professional Customer Representative
    We will not deal with aprofessional customer representative unless they are authorised and regulated by their regulatory authority.
    If that is the Financial Conduct Authority or the Claims Management Regulator within the Ministry of Justice, you can check the Financial
    Services Register for
    details about your professional customer representative We will not continue dealing with a professional customer representative and instead only deal with you directly if: (i) the professional customer
    behaviour is unreasonable;
    (ii) the negotiations regarding settlement are
    not concluded within a reasonable timeframe;
    and/or (iii) there is no reasonable prospect of a
    settlement being concluded in line with the policy
    within a reasonable timeframe.You may not assign or transfer your
    policy, or any right or obligation under that policy to any third party, including a professional customer representative, without our prior express written consent.
    We will always retain the right to communicate directly with you even if
    you have instructed a professional customer representative.If you instruct a professional customer representative, we may still pay any claim settlement directly to you. If you ask us,we may at our own discretion agree to pay the claim settlement to the professional customer representative. If we do this we will have paid your claim in full, and will not be responsible for the work carried out by your professional
    customer representative, or whoever they appoint, and will not be liable for any further costs associated with that work.
    Can anybody recommennd a good buildings only policy NFU are highly rated BUT TWICE AS EXPENSIVE AS Churchill.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 14th Sep 18, 6:01 PM
    • 97,936 Posts
    • 66,096 Thanks
    • #2
    • 14th Sep 18, 6:01 PM
    • #2
    • 14th Sep 18, 6:01 PM
    Can anybody recommennd a good buildings only policy NFU are highly rated BUT TWICE AS EXPENSIVE AS Churchill.
    Churchill is near the bottom end of the market. NFU near the very top. You need to decide if you want quality or budget.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,659Posts Today

4,587Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next?

  • RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

  • RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

  • Follow Martin